SC:Double Agent IGN Review 9.0

Yes. I am restricting myself to this and rb6....MAy get gow for christmas if it totaly lives up to the hype and people arent bored with stop and pop already maybe cod 3 too

It sounds fantastic, but I expected that. I expect this to be my favotite game this year (Chaos Theory is my 3rd favorite game overall), but I don't buy any games for more than $40 so I'm still waiting.

[quote name='slickkill77']Yes. I am restricting myself to this and rb6....MAy get gow for christmas if it totaly lives up to the hype and people arent bored with stop and pop already maybe cod 3 too[/QUOTE]

I like the way you think. I've bought Ghost Recon and plan on going the full monty with Tom Clancy (keke) and pick up Rainbow Six along with this. GOW has alot of hype, and I am just waiting for them to deliver on it and I'll prolly pick that up at Christmas as well.

[quote name='slickkill77']I also like the way i think....i just wish i had a car. I really dont want to walk 2 miles or so to get this game...[/QUOTE]

Maybe preorder online then? The United States Postal Service is pretty reliable...

This is going to be a great game, but if you played the PSP game, Splinter Cell: Essentials, the events take place AFTER this game...so it sucks that they sort of tell you what happens, and you get to know what happens after that. Weird order of release if you ask me. From what happens in Essentials, this is going to be one of the best Splinter Cells.

Just picked up my copy. :)

I almost got the Special Edition, or whatever... but the "extras" sucked.

Boo on the crappy co-op mode's missions.

I played the co-op missions in Chaos Theory more then the online vs games.

Hopefully they're a little better than the IGN review makes them sound.

Chaos Theory is definitely in my top five... but near the end it started getting old. I'm not sure if I could play through another one of these and enjoy it.

I've heard that single player storyline is still weak? Is this true? SC storylines have always been why I never really got into the series.

I fucking love this game.

SO far its hard to find a multiplayer game though, but that should change once people get home from school/work.

Yeah, I've never been a huge fan of the series. I think I get too stressed out trying to sneak up on people - I'm more of an ADD gamer. I'm got GoW preordered - that should have a little more action for me.

I've never played SC although I have the first 2 games for the GC that I got for $5 each and never played... damn backlog. I am curious abou tthis one since it seems to be getting positive reviews...

I was hoping to pick it up today but I think I'm going to have to wait till this Sunday when TRU does their "Buy 2 get 1 Free" sale. Guess I'll finally unwrap King Kong and get that going.

Game is awesome. Love the single player even though I'll probably never finish it/get enough into it just like past SC games. Multiplayer on Live is even more awesome. They really balanced out the Spies and Mercs this around and matchs seem alot more even, unlimited Merc ammo still doesn't give the Mercs the clear cut edge thanks to all the cool shit you can still do as a spy. Graphics are pretty good but I think they could even be better in the future.

I picked up the LE and It doesn't look as bad as it did when it was posted on gamerforums pic wise. Although I'll admit spending $70 on this game was a bit obessive, but I am a pretty big Splinter Cell fan after spending so much multiplayer time with Chaos Theory (right behind Halo 2).

[quote name='OGHowie']I've heard that single player storyline is still weak? Is this true? SC storylines have always been why I never really got into the series.[/QUOTE]

IGN said it's got the best storyline of any of the SC's in their review. This is good news to me. The prior SC's were ridiculous. I paid near zero attention to what was going on, also had no clue as to why I was even on a particular mission.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Game is awesome. Love the single player even though I'll probably never finish it/get enough into it just like past SC games. Multiplayer on Live is even more awesome. They really balanced out the Spies and Mercs this around and matchs seem alot more even, unlimited Merc ammo still doesn't give the Mercs the clear cut edge thanks to all the cool shit you can still do as a spy. Graphics are pretty good but I think they could even be better in the future.

I picked up the LE and It doesn't look as bad as it did when it was posted on gamerforums pic wise. Although I'll admit spending $70 on this game was a bit obessive, but I am a pretty big Splinter Cell fan after spending so much multiplayer time with Chaos Theory (right behind Halo 2).[/quote]Do you mind linking that discussion about the LE? Or giving your own thoughts on it? I haven't been following that stuff so I don't know what's in it and what the packaging is like. Thanks.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Do you mind linking that discussion about the LE? Or giving your own thoughts on it? I haven't been following that stuff so I don't know what's in it and what the packaging is like. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I didn't find the link discussing the LE. Basically the package is much like Chaos Theory, in the sense it has a slip cover and extras aren't exactly thrilling, but for $10 I have a hard time passing up the LE's. Basically It's a red cover that slips over, and when you take it off Sam's pistol and goggles are revealed underneath the cover, hidden by the RED 3d like cover. Chaos Theory I liked alot more in terms of a LE cover.

The extras are

- "CovertOps" documentary focusing on authenticity & realism of the game.
- A behind-the-scenes look at the making of the game, courtesy of MTV
- Interview with Michael Ironside, voice actor for Sam Fisher
- Multiplayer tipcs & tactics
- Seven mini web films
- Game trailers
- Concept Art Gallery and more.

Yeah nothing too special. It says "Limited" Collectors Edition. Hope this time around Ubi doesn't do a re-print and It's more limited. Because at one time Chaos Theory LE for XBox ran for a bit before the re-print and clearances.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I didn't find the link discussing the LE. Basically the package is much like Chaos Theory, in the sense it has a slip cover and extras aren't exactly thrilling, but for $10 I have a hard time passing up the LE's. Basically It's a red cover that slips over, and when you take it off Sam's pistol and goggles are revealed underneath the cover, hidden by the RED 3d like cover. Chaos Theory I liked alot more in terms of a LE cover.

The extras are

- "CovertOps" documentary focusing on authenticity & realism of the game.
- A behind-the-scenes look at the making of the game, courtesy of MTV
- Interview with Michael Ironside, voice actor for Sam Fisher
- Multiplayer tipcs & tactics
- Seven mini web films
- Game trailers
- Concept Art Gallery and more.

Yeah nothing too special. It says "Limited" Collectors Edition. Hope this time around Ubi doesn't do a re-print and It's more limited. Because at one time Chaos Theory LE for XBox ran for a bit before the re-print and clearances.[/quote]Thanks. The CT LE was actually one I liked, aesthetically. Was the plastic slip cover the outermost packaging for the game or was there plastic wrap around that? Sometimes the way games are displayed, with no plastic on the slip cover the art can get scratched and rubbed off which is kinda annoying.

I would guess they would as I've seen Halo 2 CEs and Prey CEs there. I hope they do as I might end up getting the LE on Sunday.

I'd wait a couple weeks before buying. Ubisoft's big titles always has good deals a few weeks after release. This was true for Chaos Theory and the Prince of Persia series.

Anyone else getting MAJOR lag when playing online? I played one game and it was really good but every game from then on (probably 10), every single one lagged so bad that it was like 5 frames per second.

[quote name='TheRock88']Anyone else getting MAJOR lag when playing online? I played one game and it was really good but every game from then on (probably 10), every single one lagged so bad that it was like 5 frames per second.[/QUOTE]

shit happens.

I don't get much lag in ubisoft games. The problem is getting connected and staying in ;)

Any CAG interest in forming some squads (either for matches/ a tournament or to tackle co-op?) I'll start a new thread if any one else wants in.

I've locked up in about 50% of my online matches thus-far. Granted, I've only played a handful, but its super annoying. Everything else is working like a charm though and I enjoy the singleplayer quite a bit.

Also...damn, is it hard to get a game as a spy, people snatch those up immediately...a testament to how garbage mercs are, I suppose. I swear that visor used to detect spies downloading doesn't work! grrr

I had my EMF vision randomly stop working after I died once, too.

Also, at random intervals the "A" button doesn't work. Then I wait a while and it functions again. I'm not sure if that's the controller or the game.

fear, splinter cell, rainbow six, gears of war, plus the fuckin wii is coming out. i want to punch myself. that god i get free rentals from work and subscribe to gamefly. but nothing beats actuallly owning a game.

bread's done
Back