Scam or Not?

Riyonuk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
Recently, my Father has been getting these little paper slips stating that we can easily make $1000 a week, working from home. Google searches of these companies turn up zero results, nothing at all. Not even complaints about them. They have got him and my grandmother all rattled up, saying that they can just sit around in front of the T.V., licking envelopes all day, making more than me. I've typed up a small portion of the letter, as I don't have a scanner to scan the entire thing. I've tried The Better Business Bureau, and they don't show anything. Just wanted to know what you guys think.

"American Publications" since 1992

Our program is unique and absolutely genuine, or our phone number would not be at the bottom of this circular. There are so many less than genuine envelope stuffing, chain letter, pyramid and multi-level marketing "opportunities" out there whose sale pitches you might find irresistible. These are schemes you should avoid. Never attempt to participate in any program that does not display their phone number.

Following our program, you will receive a full $5 for each brochure you secure and process according to your simple instructions, and you will receive your payments before your are required to mail them. THEREFORE, YOUR PAYMENTS ARE GUARANTEED! Other exclusive mailing options are also avaliable. This could translate into excellent extra income for you and your family. No previous expereience is necessary. You do no personal selling. You are paid regardless wheter we sell anything or not from your processed mail.

Dean Murray, President * American Publications * 12685 Dorsett, Department 303 * Maryland Heights, MO 63043 * 314.469.1555, ext. 2

But what I don't understand, if these are in fact scams, how they aren't getting sued? Or put into jail? Doesn't this fall under fraud? False advertisement?

Sounds like one of those fake secret shopper programs scammers set up. Where they'll send a bogus check to cash, weeks later it gets return due to insufficient funds, leaving you having to pay back the money.

That actually happened to some local dumb ass, cashing a $1200 check and having to pay the store back when it bounced. She then went on the news, which they did a sob story while anyone with a brain would've known it was too good to be true.

They say its legit because they have a phone number......SCAM!

As to your concerns about jail, all other envelope stuffing scamers aren't getting put in jail. Who are they defrauding? You? It doesn't seem like they are asking for money so its not fraud. False advertising: again are they deceiving you into purchasing something? No, they will tell you exactly what you are purchasing and you will be stuck with 89,000 doo-hickeys.

Your father and grandmother made it this far in life how???

bread's done
Back