Scammed by Herbsnverbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
He never gave me a tracking number he told me he would send it out when he receives an tracking number and he never sent it. it dosent take 3-4 days to receive a letter.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']Since you both agreed to ship at the same time, did you get a tracking number from him to see if anything was ever sent? Otherwise how would you know if your items were actually sent "at the same time" (not trying to sound like a jerk while asking this btw)?
[/quote]

I didn't get a tracking number from him. Reasoning being, "I did not include tracking; didn't think the extra was necc. since you were an established trader."
:wall:

Well all i can say is i hope i can get something back...i dont want to be left with nothing most likely i will.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']Ouch. The CAG community will be able to offer you some good advice. Hopefully you can get your stuff back.[/quote]
Yea but it dosent help me tho...im just screwed...

[quote name='Canquain']Yea but it dosent help me tho...im just screwed...[/quote]

Bro youre taking it alot better than i would...id be absolutely spastic right about now :bomb:

Yea i had 10 Games with it and 2 Wii Motes.

Heres his info.

(removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Canquain']Yea i had 10 Games with it and 2 Wii Motes.

Heres his info.

[/quote]

Sounds like it may be a chickola :whistle2:k

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Not cool posting his info. Even if he did scam you, which we're not entirely sure of yet, you don't give that out. Bad form.[/quote]
I have to agree, that's really no one's business other than you, the mods and the possible scammer.
Until it escalates to a full blown scam for 110% sure, there's no reason to bring anyone else in, other than to offer advice and keep an ear out.

In fact, creating this thread is a little too soon. I understand how you feel and you want everyone to know, but there's nothing we, those who have no business with this, can really do about it.

After a week or so if you are in fact scammed I can paypal a couple of dollars to you and hopefully some others would too to help you out with your loss.

^ I would be up for that. A couple bucks would always help. Its pretty much a given based on the op and the other complaints that this guy is indeed a scammer.

I think if there wasnt another complaint about him that it may be the person got hooked up, but its just odd 2 people having the same issue.

[quote name='DAWG26']^ Its pretty much a given based on the op and the other complaints that this guy is indeed a scammer.[/quote]
Yup. Really i blame all of this on my self i really shouldn't have gone first and to be honest there's really nothing i can do or neither of you can probably do. all i can do is sit back and pray he sends the money. Otherwise im jsut scammed out of an item worth ove r$400.

[quote name='EdgeOfThorns']I think if there wasnt another complaint about him that it may be the person got hooked up, but its just odd 2 people having the same issue.[/quote]

Its at 3 people. There is a person that sent him a PS2.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Not cool posting his info. Even if he did scam you, which we're not entirely sure of yet, you don't give that out. Bad form.[/quote]

F-that if he did get scammed I would be so pissed off to try and have someone here go to his house or call the authorities

[quote name='dpadilla4']screw that if he did get scammed I would be pissed off to try and have someone here go to his house or call the authorities[/quote]
The problem is it's a tad too soon to be going to that extent.

[quote name='DarkRequiem']The problem is it's a tad too soon to be going to that extent.[/quote]
It is not to soon it is very odd that me and 2 Other users are having issues with this one trader.

[quote name='dpadilla4']F-that if he did get scammed I would be so pissed off to try and have someone here go to his house or call the authorities[/QUOTE]

And what if he didn't get scammed? Should his information be posted then? Don't be a child.

[quote name='Canquain']It is not to soon it is very odd that me and 2 Other users are having issues with this one trader.[/quote]
What's not to say he didn't have a family emergency, or himself get injured? Maybe he's been extremely busy with important stuff in his life and just hasn't been able to get to a computer more than a few minutes? Now, why that doesn't make it ok or right, but shit does happen, and there's been a ton of cases like this, where people create a fuss over someone, thinking they've been scammed, and then a few days later, the trader comes and apologizes and has a legit excuse, makes it all better, and all is good.
It's good just to take your time with it and chill as best you can.

I'm not calling you guys dumb or paranoid, but take it a step at a time, and do it somewhat professionally, instead of telling everyone you know, there's not a lot of things people can and will do about it, other than authority figures.

That said, I think it's just best if you let the mods guide you through this, instead of the members. They probably have the most unbiased advice to give.
Remember to keep your composure and don't get out of hand quite just yet. ;)

Next time, even if you have no iTrader, always exchange at the same time. Something as much as Wii, I wouldn't trade to someone who has 3 iTrader. I really only trade people who are 10+, unless they traded really high iTrader people.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']Next time, even if you have no iTrader, always exchange at the same time. Something as much as Wii, I wouldn't trade to someone who has 3 iTrader. I really only trade people who are 10+, unless they traded really high iTrader people.[/quote]
Point is, if someone is buying something from you, get their payment cleared, in your hand first. It doesn't matter the rating, it's the best bet. And to better secure yourself, and them, get and use paypal. Cash in the mail isn't the safest and only method anymore.

Because of his 0 or 1 iTrader, he could easily scam others. This is why your theory wouldn't work. If he requested payment first for the Wii, no one would buy -- for obvious reasons. Yes, Paypal is the best bet though considering they protect on both side. Either way, what's done is done.

You'd best wait it out, herbsnverbs will probably see this thread and either

A. apologize and work it out
B. scam you

I have to agree with Dark. Let the mods guide you cause I'm just give you the bad ideas as in going to his house and pulling some crazy shit. Maybe that is why I have to stay in the military lol.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']Because of his 0 or 1 iTrader, he could easily scam others. This is why your theory wouldn't work. If he requested payment first for the Wii, no one would buy -- for obvious reasons. Yes, Paypal is the best bet though considering they protect on both side. Either way, what's done is done.
[/quote]

Not true at all, many people have taken the chance and it has worked out just fine. It's not a theory, it's just trading common sense to pay when buying before receiving. Usually less hardships that way.

[quote name='dpadilla4']Dark i have to agree with you by letting the mods guide you cause I'm just give you the bad ideas as in going to his house and pulling some crazy shit. Maybe that is why I have to stay in the military lol.[/quote]
Exactly, I already know what I'd be doing personally if I got scammed, and I'm not going to share it on a public forum. :roll:

Well it dosent matter now he's not going to send the money if he was injured he wouldn't sign on today. Im pretty sure he is a scmmer.

[quote name='Canquain']Well it dosent matter now he's not going to send the money if he was injured he wouldn't sign on today. Im pretty sure he is a scmmer.[/quote]
Not entirely true, there's many possiblities why he was only on for a minute. Hell, it could've not even been him on the computer!

Now, I'm not here to stick up for him, and I'm not doubting he's a scammer, but as of right now, there's only evidence on him he is, not any proof, so you should address it as that, and do like I said, and just let the mods guide you in the correct path, so that this doesn't get taken out of context.

At least until you have some solid proof and an idea on what to do.

I wouldn't agree, but that's my opinion. Here's why:

I wouldn't send $250 to a random CAG who is trying to sell a Wii that just joined 3 weeks ago and has no iTrader.

It's all based around iTrader. I doubt many people would take the jump. If someone had for example, 37 iTrader and was selling a Wii for $250, then I would know he/she was legit. Of course it's common sense to pay before you buy, but like I said, if people just bought from new people with no iTrader, then there wouldn't be a need for iTrader.

iTrader is there for a reason. It's hard proof and evidence that you've traded with others and have gained a reputation. Although you say that some people took the plunge, that's REALLY risky. Even though there's probably a chance you can retract your payment from Paypal by sending a complaint, it's ultimately a hassle if the person tries to scam you.

I'm done with the mini-argument though. If you don't see it, you don't see it. ;)

[quote name='Chronotrigga']I wouldn't agree, but that's my opinion. Here's why:

I wouldn't send $250 to a random CAG who is trying to sell a Wii that just joined 3 weeks ago and has no iTrader.

It's all based around iTrader. I doubt many people would take the jump. If someone had for example, 37 iTrader and was selling a Wii for $250, then I would know he/she was legit. Of course it's common sense to pay before you buy, but like I said, if people just bought from new people with no iTrader, then there wouldn't be a need for iTrader.

iTrader is there for a reason. It's hard proof and evidence that you've traded with others and have gained a reputation. Although you say that some people took the plunge, that's REALLY risky. Even though there's probably a chance you can retract your payment from Paypal by sending a complaint, it's ultimately a hassle if the person tries to scam you.

I'm done with the mini-argument though. If you don't see it, you don't see it. ;)[/quote]

I see your argument just fine, and even I would probably stick close to those boundaries. However, they both had little to no feedback, so he might as well of sent the payment first so there would be no problems. Given that the OP wasn't a scammer, but at least payment through paypal can be protected, a wii can't.

YOUR theory couldn't really relate to this, since neither of them had high enough feedback to even mention. It wasn't a 1 itrader vs a 37 itrader, it was two noobies.
Again, I know where your coming from, but unless the buyer has a great rep and high trade number, then payment should be received first and cleared, before anything is sent. It's common sense, really.

[quote name='DarkRequiem']I see your argument just fine, and even I would probably stick close to those boundaries. However, they both had little to no feedback, so he might as well of sent the payment first so there would be no problems. Given that the OP wasn't a scammer, but at least payment through paypal can be protected, a wii can't.

YOUR theory couldn't relate to this, since neither of them had high enough feedback to even mention. It wasn't a 1 itrader vs a 32 itrader.[/quote]

I should have and meant to say in the beginning that.. if you're trading high valued items, that it should be someone who is already deemed trustworthy on CAG. Someone with 3 isn't really deemed trustworthy. No matter if you were sending money or sending a Wii, as both are high. If it were two physical items and both people had low to no feedback, then definitely a "send this out at same time" would be in order. But, since this is a money to physical item thing, the sentence I just said before is null.

Anyhow, after taking a look at herbsnverbs profile, it seems as though someone named 'gauu' also sent him an item and is trying to message him its tracking number. Let's hope everything goes great for the both of you. good luck.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']if you're trading high valued items, that it should be someone who is already deemed trustworthy on CAG. Someone with 3 isn't really deemed trustworthy. No matter if you were sending money or sending a Wii, as both are high. If it were two physical items and both people had low to no feedback, then definitely a "send this out at same time" would be in order. But, since this is a money to physical item thing, the sentence I just said before is null. [/quote]

Common sense again.
Given, the OP is new to the trading world it looks like, so I guess it's a live and learn situation.
Sucks it had to be an expensive one in the beginning of it all though. @_@

Eh, good luck OP...let me know if I can be of some assistance at all.

Of course. Yet, some people still don't know. It's like trojans and viruses in e-mails. Obviously, you don't open them. But, you always get that person who opens it or downloads random shit viruses on the internet anyway. It might be common sense to you, but for another, they don't know any better.

You should have requested for a down payment before sending such an high valued item. I don't think anyone would be willing to send $400 of concealed cash for a trade, hinting something is not right.

Maybe it would be better off for me to act now before the person runs off and try and change everything up.

Hey Canquain. I got this PM from herbsnverbs on 10/5:

"Did your trade w/ Canquain

for the nintendo wii go through; he is supposed to be trading me the wii .. j/w .."

Sounds like he was concerned about the trade, so maybe there is hope yet. Good luck!

hey man i was wondering what address info did herbsnverbs give you cause as far as i know its a girl. the name i was told to send to was kristin lemaster. heres the full address.
Kristin Lemaster
556 E. Madison Ave.
Springfield OH 45503
is that the same addy you had? also they said they would do a money order for me. i know they have been in contact with me every few days but maybe thats cause they havent received yet. if you have the same shipping or a diff one can you please post it here and let me know. i have some friends who are state troopers and if this user does try to scam ill make sure to talk to my friends and have them get in contact with his local police to report him and get our money/goods back if it is a scam. either way keeping fingers crossed as i know the other day herbs pm box was full but he/she did clean it and respond to me.
ed anderson

[quote name='gauu']hey man i was wondering what address info did herbsnverbs give you cause as far as i know its a girl. the name i was told to send to was kristin lemaster. heres the full address.
Kristin Lemaster
556 E. Madison Ave.
Springfield OH 45503
is that the same addy you had? also they said they would do a money order for me. i know they have been in contact with me every few days but maybe thats cause they havent received yet. if you have the same shipping or a diff one can you please post it here and let me know. i have some friends who are state troopers and if this user does try to scam ill make sure to talk to my friends and have them get in contact with his local police to report him and get our money/goods back if it is a scam. either way keeping fingers crossed as i know the other day herbs pm box was full but he/she did clean it and respond to me.
ed anderson[/quote]
Thats the same Address she gave me. She received my item yesterday and ever since she received it she never responded to my PM's.

ok now that you replied im removing addy read rest of thread and didnt see we couldnt post the address or is it ok now that its under investigation?

[quote name='gauu']ok now that you replied im removing addy read rest of thread and didnt see we couldnt post the address or is it ok now that its under investigation?[/QUOTE]

It's not okay, but since the address was quoted by other members, I think it will take a mod to remove them from the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back