scammed by Mr.Bojangles

darkslime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
It is a small scam, but I'm pissed off about it because now my parents think that everyone on CAG is going to rip me off and I can't trade games on here.

I sent out his Super Paper Mario guide. He was supposed to send me $4 money order.

I sent out the guide in July. He messaged me sometime in August or late july saying that he was on an unexpected vacation. I responded asking when he would be back and he didn't respond.

I haven't gotten my $4 or a response, and he was on yesterday according to his profile.

I understand a scam is a scam and i agree to contact a mod, but for 4 bucks dude...why on earth did you tell your parents and get them all riled up over 4 bucks? I mean...its 4 bucks, id be mad too, but id cut my losses, tell a mod or post in a scam thread and move on to find better pastures on the site and start dealin with credible people.

Just my 2 cents.

Well what we tell beginner traders to do is to start off with small transactions right? He started off with a small one and got burned. I fully understand why his parents would think the way they do. I mean, to them, if someone would be willing to steal a $4 guide, why wouldn't they steal a $30 game?

Best of luck with your issue OP.

I hope this gets resolved, I dont care if you were trading a pack of gum, don't treat this as no big deal, its a scam and everyone here should know about it.

I hope you get your 4 bucks, and I hope this doesn't deter you from trading anymore on this forum.

Wow dude i feel you pain my parents are wilding out to that i got scam out of my wii thats worth $400. I hope you get ya $4.

[quote name='PhiLeingFunkie']I hope this gets resolved, I dont care if you were trading a pack of gum, don't treat this as no big deal, its a scam and everyone here should know about it.

I hope you get your 4 bucks, and I hope this doesn't deter you from trading anymore on this forum.[/quote]

No one is saying its not a big deal...within the site it should most definitely be made known that Mr.Bojangles is scamming people.

My point was though, no need to rile parents up over 4 bucks is all im saying so that they freak and tell the kid to not use the site anymore, thats all.

[quote name='Canquain']Wow dude i feel you pain my parents are wilding out to that i got scam out of my wii thats worth $400. I hope you get ya $4.[/quote]

Did you get to talk to any mods yet?

Provide bad feedback and contact a mod. This person deserves to be on the bad traders list if you have attempted to resolve the trade without success.

$4 is peanuts compared to all the recent scams but this person can not be trusted and other CAG's need to know about it.

There should be a new rule that you should be at least 18 years old to sell stuff here seems like the young ones are getting scammed ...........

[quote name='chakan']I predict we see more and more scams with the economy in the shitter.[/quote]

Bah, doom and gloom...i dont buy it.

But in anycase, there were scammers all the time, nothing new...its just weeding them out.

With all these scam topic being raised in the past couple of days, I'm feeling the jitters. I'm sorry about your lost OP and to the other dude name Canquian. I hope justice will be served (which rarely happens). These kind of topic are great, It raises the flag for an honest / beginner trader like me to be more careful when dealing with traders. I'm still new to the community and overall had a great experience. Point is, It's great to show the community / warning about these potential scammers.

[quote name='Kandal']With all these scam topic being raised in the past couple of days, I'm feeling the jitters. I'm sorry about your lost OP and to the other dude name Canquian. I hope justice will be served (which rarely happens). These kind of topic are great, It raises the flag for an honest / beginner trader like me to be more careful when dealing with traders. I'm still new to the community and overall had a great experience. Point is, It's great to show the community / warning about these potential scammers.[/quote]

Agreed 100%. No CAG should be subjected to a scam. I will be more careful as well even though I have experienced nothing but courteous and timely trades with the CAG's I have traded with.

This is why one should never send a product before getting paid for it. I believe anything that involves money is a sale, not a trade.

[quote name='Steelpen2']This is why one should never send a product before getting paid for it. I believe anything that involves money is a sale, not a trade.[/quote]
I know but everyone is going by the iTrader if you're iTrader is lower you must send payment or item first...To be honest in my opinion i think itraders are pointless and prove nothing.

[quote name='Canquain']I know but everyone is going by the iTrader if you're iTrader is lower you must send payment or item first...To be honest in my opinion i think itraders are pointless and prove nothing.[/quote]

I have given those with low i-trader feedback a chance to cross trade and didn't get burned. (I will re-consider due to scams) People with high i-trader feedback who have been posting for years do not want to ruin their reputation and I would trust them although I don't buy or sell anything of significant value (over $50). This is just a forum.

My parents asked what I was sending when I was packing up the guide and I said I was selling it to someone online for 4 bucks.

Then a few weeks later my mom asked if I'd gotten the money, and I said no and told her because I was kind of pissed off. Didn't think she would react by saying that I couldn't trade anymore, just thought that she would say it was my fault or something.

That's why I told my parents.

I'll give him bad feedback.

I stuck to trading with with similar feedback who'd send same time, or with higher rated members. I also made sure to trade only game for game, no purchases.

Yeah, it really sucks. I'm sad to say I'm happy to see that these are homegrown scammers this time. Last time it seemed most people were outside of the US and it made it near impossible for people to trust me since I live in Japan.
It pisses me off when so many of us try so hard to build a reputation and then we all have to start looking at each other sideways because some people couldn't work a couple extra hours to feed their gaming habit.

... hehe, sad to say I'm happy.

[quote name='dv8mad']Yeah, it really sucks. I'm sad to say I'm happy to see that these are homegrown scammers this time. Last time it seemed most people were outside of the US and it made it near impossible for people to trust me since I live in Japan.
It pisses me off when so many of us try so hard to build a reputation and then we all have to start looking at each other sideways because some people couldn't work a couple extra hours to feed their gaming habit.

... hehe, sad to say I'm happy.[/quote]
LOL, DV8 is a long con artist, when he takes us cags it will be for alot!;)

[quote name='rmb']LOL, DV8 is a long con artist, when he takes us cags it will be for alot!;)[/quote]

LOL, planning to get myself over rmb's feedback before I start my scams up.

Oh wait, what is that I see?

HAHA! SURPASSED!

(Sorry about the thread hijack! ...FREE BUMP?)

[quote name='rmb']LOL, DV8 is a long con artist, when he takes us cags it will be for alot!;)[/quote]

I've already given him over $200 and he's held items for me for a month, I doubt he'd ever turn :p

[quote name='Scorch']I've already given him over $200 and he's held items for me for a month, I doubt he'd ever turn :p[/quote]

:cool:Yes.... All according to my evil pla...
:cold:
WAIT! I mean, yeah. I am not a scammer. :whistle2:\"O:)

Even if he didn't scam you, you pretty much made a bad deal the whole way through. You sold the guide for $4. Shipping on the guide probably cost $2-$3 at the least. Not only that but if you sell something you should get the money first otherwise don't consiter your product sold. It happens and luckily it was small but learn form it. If people can get scammed into sending $1000 to a bank account in Nigeria a person can get scammed for $4 worth of guide.

I have a question... If a person got scammed what are the mod going to do about it? Do they just simply set the scammer with a "trading warning: being investigate?" As you can see, I am new to this forum and so far I have read about all these people being scammed by other people and it seem like the MOD isn't really helping out at all..

[quote name='candyapple']I have a question... If a person got scammed what are the mod going to do about it? Do they just simply set the scammer with a "trading warning: being investigate?" As you can see, I am new to this forum and so far I have read about all these people being scammed by other people and it seem like the MOD isn't really helping out at all..[/quote]

My guess is they report the issue to the ISP, based on the IP used, assuming its an accurate IP. And possibly help the scammed users go through the proper channels.

[quote name='craven_fiend']My guess is they report the issue to the ISP, based on the IP used, assuming its an accurate IP. And possibly help the scammed users go through the proper channels.[/quote]

hm I doubt it..But seriously, people put their trusts on this forum in order to do some trading and all these scammers are taking advantage of them and it seem like the MOD isn't doing a damn thing about it. Comon even Ebay help's out when this kind of situation happens..

Everyone does their best to contact the scammer's home address and their town police and throw proof and suspicions to get anyone and everyone involved to see if we can't rattle the person into defeat or getting them prosecuted.

The mods here help speed that up and have connections to other officials and can prevent anyone else from making that mistake with the same user again.

bread's done
Back