Scammed on eBay for the first time...

optimusprime8062

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Man, I was just scammed on eBay. I bought Uncharted for $31.00 and today got an email from eBay lost prevention saying the item had been removed. Then I go to contact seller (abxahinojosa
s.gif
) and they are no longer registered. Then I realized they had 0% feedback, which I usually dont worry too much about because I think "you must be stupid to scam someone on eBay." I mean dont I just have to file a dispute, get my money back and then this person has gained - nothing?

I guess I should wait until next week, in case the game actually does show up. Maybe they are just a first time user and just really dont know what they are doing? Ah, who knows...but Im pretty sure I was scammed.

UPDATE: Oh turns out its a girl, so I guess I have her address and name. If its even real.

UPDATE2: Her name on PayPal is different from the one given on eBay. On PayPal its says "Verified" though.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as you paid through Paypal, you will get your money back. If you paid through a seperate way such as check or credit card, you may or may not be eligible to be protected. But if you paid with Paypal, you will be able to get your money back no problem. And if the seller has been removed, eBay/Paypal will automatically take care of all of the buyers that were scammed. This has happened to me before and they issued back my money within a couple of weeks(takes awhile because of Paypal processing crap). And also try to look into the details of the transcation and see if its completed or did Paypal give you an option to cancel it. If there is, good news then. Either case, good luck.

Yeah, its completed. So looks like Ill just file a dispute. I dont understand what they were thinking? "Yay, Ill just take the money and run, Im sure this will work..." I guess if PayPal is the one who gives me the money back (yeah right) then, yeah, I guess it worked. If not, then the person has to give it back, and they've just wasted their time. Stupid. If your going to scam someone, then put your efforts into something that at least has a chance to work.

Hardly a scam.. she could have not paid or bills or had her account suspended on a technicality. A scam would be if you paid for a tv and got a box filled with bricks. So chillout and file a paypal claim and you'll get your money back. Not everyone is out there to get you.

Me buying something from someone, then them canceling there account and not sending the item (that they most likely never even had) is ...a scam. Also, I am "chilled out" its just an annoyance...fair enough?

bread's done
Back