Schools are out of Control

BLarR

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,146684,00.html

Goddam schools have seriously overstepped their boundaries. "Let's not teach the kids math, no, let's teach them to be nice to the little Asian kid in the back of the class."

Schools are farking making kids puppets to the government, shoving every piece of crap politically correct idea down their throat there is. First they teach first graders that homosexuals are ok, LIKE THEY KNOW WHAT THE HELL THAT IS! And now they're putting morals in front of actual education. It's pathetic. I'd of loved to have gotten out of math back in the day myself, but this is just wasting tax payers money, not to mention how completely upsurd it is to have morals the #1 thing for math teachers to teach, and having math come second. These farking public schools are raising a nation of illiterate retards, a bunch of mindless slaves that won't ever challenge the government or be able to count their change. Gahh!

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Ya, we all know tolerance has no place in schools :roll:[/quote]

Tolerance in schools is a good thing.

Having tolerance be the number one objective of math class is NOT a good thing.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Ya, we all know tolerance has no place in schools :roll:[/quote]

Tolerance is fine, you don't devote an entire class to it!

[quote name='BLarR']http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,146684,00.html

Goddam schools have seriously overstepped their boundaries. "Let's not teach the kids math, no, let's teach them to be nice to the little Asian kid in the back of the class."

Schools are farking making kids puppets to the government, shoving every piece of crap politically correct idea down their throat there is. First they teach first graders that homosexuals are ok, LIKE THEY KNOW WHAT THE HELL THAT IS! And now they're putting morals in front of actual education. It's pathetic. I'd of loved to have gotten out of math back in the day myself, but this is just wasting tax payers money, not to mention how completely upsurd it is to have morals the #1 thing for math teachers to teach, and having math come second. These farking public schools are raising a nation of illiterate retards, a bunch of mindless slaves that won't ever challenge the government or be able to count their change. Gahh![/quote]

OK the next person who quotes battlestar galatica's 'farkin' swear system will be forever labled an idiot and never listened to again here!

This thread reminded me of a question in my Algebra book more than 10 years ago. It went something like this:

"Suki Yaki can make 5 eggrolls per minute. Her sister Terry Yaki can make 7 eggrolls per minute. If they work together at the same time, how many minutes would it take them to make 200 eggrolls?"

Some of the kids in the class were offended, but I just couldn't stop laughing my ass off. People need to just relax sometimes.

[quote name='BLarR']Goddam schools have seriously overstepped their boundaries. "Let's not teach the kids math, no, let's teach them to be nice to the little Asian kid in the back of the class."[/quote]

i don't mind them teaching racial tolerance in school. it's probably better to discuss it in a different class like government, but there is nothing wrong with being nice to "little asian kids" or others. :roll:

[quote name='Mr.Answer']OK the next person who quotes battlestar galatica's 'farkin' swear system will be forever labled an idiot and never listened to again here![/quote]

Battlestar Galactica uses the word "Frack." This is generally inferior to Firefly's simple and blatantly muddled use of Chinese profanity.

Fark probably is most often seen on, well, the filter-imposed Fark.

[quote name='HSidwolf']This thread reminded me of a question in my Algebra book more than 10 years ago. It went something like this:

"Suki Yaki can make 5 eggrolls per minute. Her sister Terry Yaki can make 7 eggrolls per minute. If they work together at the same time, how many minutes would it take them to make 200 eggrolls?"

Some of the kids in the class were offended, but I just couldn't stop laughing my ass off. People need to just relax sometimes.[/quote]
Terry Yaki :lol:

...What? How can you not find that funny?
Well, maybe the eggroll thing...what if it were building houses?
It would still be funny :p

Terry Yaki :lol:

BREAKING NEWS!

Foxnews.com story contains nothing but quotes from irate conservative parents, and salacious interpretation of meaning of memo! Attempts to be "fair and balanced" fail, because other side of issue not reported on at all!

Film at 11.

"Having tolerance be the number one objective of math class is NOT a good thing."

Agreed. But did it actually say tolerance was the number one objective of the math class, or just the first thing on the list of objectives the teachers were hoping to meet? There's a difference.

Well the schools obviously have to do something to get the kids back on track after listening to their parents...

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Man, the folks over at foxnews sure know how to write an objective article.

:roll:[/quote]

Fox news is so ridiculously biased that its laughable. At least the other stations try to include people from both political leanings.

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='Ugamer_X']Man, the folks over at foxnews sure know how to write an objective article.

Fox news is so ridiculously biased that its laughable. At least the other stations try to include people from both political leanings.[/quote]

Have you guys seen Outfoxed? I love the part where they show clips of Bill O'Reilly screaming at all his guests to shut the hell up and then twists what they said. He is an utterly disgusting human being.

Bill O reilly can suck nutz. I was so happy that he was caught on that sex scandal he had..Karma is a bitch when you mess with someones buisness(Ludicris). Thats all he could do is twists people's words because he is never right. fuckin Pompous Idiot...

[quote name='HSidwolf'][quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='Ugamer_X']Man, the folks over at foxnews sure know how to write an objective article.

Fox news is so ridiculously biased that its laughable. At least the other stations try to include people from both political leanings.[/quote]

Have you guys seen Outfoxed? I love the part where they show clips of Bill O'Reilly screaming at all his guests to shut the hell up and then twists what they said. He is an utterly disgusting human being.[/quote]AND IF YOU DONT LIKE IT YOU CAN MOVE TO RUSSIA!!!

:lol:

Watching FoxNews to be informed is like eating a fucking Swanson Hungry-Man dinner for the culinary experience.

Look, this is a wealthy neighborhood in Massachusetts.

Funny thing about wealthy people, they tend to shove their children into program after program. Sports, piano, chess, knitting, yahtzee, and even math.

It's no small coincidence that people with rich parents are being sent to after school programs of any variety. Just don't make the mistake of thinking that these kids are going to after-school match because they're learning liberal propaganda in math class. Survey any rich near-metropolitan suburban beighborhood and find out what the kids are doing other than school. I assure you it will look a lot like Newton.

Other than that, nothing topical about the school is discussed. The only "objective" evidence is shown in the #1 and #2 priorities of the teachers; this is their job description, certainly. However, this means nothing, unless there is a significant difference in how math is taught. If you want to judge from what their objectives say, then you've no idea how reality works.

Your homework assignment for today is to read (or read about, Google-heads) Annette Lareau's Unequal Childhoods

[quote name='mykevermin']Watching FoxNews to be informed is like eating a shaq-fuing Swanson Hungry-Man dinner for the culinary experience.

Look, this is a wealthy neighborhood in Massachusetts.

Funny thing about wealthy people, they tend to shove their children into program after program. Sports, piano, chess, knitting, yahtzee, and even math.

It's no small coincidence that people with rich parents are being sent to after school programs of any variety. Just don't make the mistake of thinking that these kids are going to after-school match because they're learning liberal propaganda in math class. Survey any rich near-metropolitan suburban beighborhood and find out what the kids are doing other than school. I assure you it will look a lot like Newton.

Other than that, nothing topical about the school is discussed. The only "objective" evidence is shown in the #1 and #2 priorities of the teachers; this is their job description, certainly. However, this means nothing, unless there is a significant difference in how math is taught. If you want to judge from what their objectives say, then you've no idea how reality works.

Your homework assignment for today is to read (or read about, Google-heads) Annette Lareau's Unequal Childhoods[/quote]
That's an insult to Swanson and their fine line of frozen dinner cuisine.
:wink:

bread's done
Back