Scientology has taken more than Tom Cruise... look at this list of famous members!

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
Some of these people will make you go "Wow, what the fuck, I had no clue they were into this"... I know this list shocked me.

http://www.adherents.com/largecom/fam_scientologist.html

For someone who dosen't want to read the huge list, here are some notables:

Doug E Fresh
Leah Remini
Jenna Elfman
The voice of Bart Simpson
Ethan Suplee (The big guy on My Name is Earl)
Jason Lee
Juliette Lewis
Beck
SONNY Bono (NOT Bono from U2)
Brandy
Laura Prepon (Donna on That 70's Show)

Pretty crazy stuff... I had no idea so many celebrities were into this. If you go into who quit the list gets even bigger... Jerry Seinfeld, Brad Pitt.

Just thought I'd share this list, this is some crazy stuff here.

[quote name='Roufuss']
Bono
[/QUOTE]

I almost spit out some water I was drinking when I read that name. It's Sonny Bono and Mary Bono, not Bono (Paul Hewson) from U2. I would've been extremely surprised if Bono was a Scientologist.

IMO its a trend among rich folks to be a scientoloiwhatthefuck ever. That rich people can blow their money on, and talk about how much money they spent to be a certain level.

Who cares? I can understand disliking Tom Cruise because he's batshit insane, but people like Jerry Seinfeld, Laura Prepon, and Jason Lee that can be Scientologists and be normal, why not let 'em? I don't care what they are as long as they still perform well in their respective mediums. Hell, I don't care that Tom Cruise is crazy and long as he still makes a good movie.

Scientology is just a fad for celebrities to jump on the band wagon for, wait about 2 years and Im guessing half those celebrities will have a new religion.

And Beck is by far the coolest Scientologist, they should make him the the science pope or something.

Scientology scares me. No more than any other religion, really... Maybe even less. But I swear John Travolta and Tom Cruise are at a trendy night club eating babies right now.

[quote name='jimbodan']All heil lord Xenu![/QUOTE]
"Instead of the eternal Jesus co-equal with the Father, the Mormon Jesus was once a man who achieved godhood by his own virtuousness during a preincarnate existence. His spirit was then impregnated into the virgin Mary by the "Eternal Father" who came from the planet Kolob for the physical union with her."

"Mormonism teaches that Jesus is only one of many saviors who are each responsible for the salvation of the population of other planets like Earth. Mormon men are working with the promise that they, too, will eventually become gods and be given a planet of their own to populate. This will be accomplished by their intercourse with many wives who will bear millions of spirit children to inhabit the bodies of the people on their planet."

Conspiracy!

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']who cares, i am not a fan of their crazy shenanigans, but they could say things about a resurrected carpenter[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.

Any religion where you have to rely on "faith" because there is no proof is a joke. If someone wants to believe in Scientology, Christianity, Greek Mythology or whatever, who cares? Its there life, if it works for them then good.

[quote name='E_G_Man']And Beck is by far the coolest Scientologist, they should make him the the science pope or something.[/QUOTE]
QFT...

...although he is actually very agnostic about his faith. His parents were scientologists, and thats just the faith he was born into.

dude WTF?!?!?!

Donkey Lips is a scientologist (former, so says wikipedia)

yet those bastards don't even list him?!?!

(I think his name is Mikey Bower)

what... Donkey Lips isn't cool enough for scientologists???

Beck isn't a practicing Scientologist, but his parents are. He doesn't like talking about it in the few interviews he does though. Kind of born into it, if you know what I mean.

XENU.JPG

One BADASS Motherfucker

[quote name='Scobie']So long as William H. Macy avoids biting into that forbidden fruit, I'm happy.[/QUOTE]

Rumors suggest that...

William H. Macy invented his OWN religion named Macyism!

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Beck? Frankie Stechino? WTF???

Almost all the others I knew, but those really surprise me.[/quote]

Beck's parents are both scientologists so he's been around it for his whole life. He's not some crazy "Tom Cruise" scientologist.

Although im against the idea of scientology if the actors enjoy it's their own choose I guess. However I enjoy reading who actually is apart of this cult.

bunch of idiots... but seeing as their idealogis make as much sense as any other religion who knows who cares.

[quote name='rabbitt']I think if Tom Cruise wasn't the most famous Scientologist, it wouldn't get such a bad rap.[/quote]
No, I think its more that if Scientology wasn't Scientology, it wouldn't get such a bad rap.

I'm pretty sure there are huge tax benefits, you know they are probably the ones who sit around at luxirious parties laughing at the rest of us suckers who are still paying the government a big chunk of our paychecks.

That's why I respect the discordians, they are the only religious group that is proud to pay it's taxes.

I wouldn't say anyone on the list is very well known for their intellectual prowess.

I'll leave it at that.

Actually, I'll leave it at this.

'Nuff said.

They tried to get Elvis, and he saw right through them, he thought all they wanted was his money. After he died, they got to his family, and now they have his money.

All you need to know about scientology:
http://www.xenu.net/

For 90% of celebrities it's just something you do, actually not much different from other religions where most people just participate because that's what they think they're supposed to do. They don't really think about it or particularly care.

[quote name='rabbitt']I think if Tom Cruise wasn't the most famous Scientologist, it wouldn't get such a bad rap.[/quote]

You should see one of the documentaries on this cult.

[quote name='shipwreck']Fixed the "Bono" in question in the OP as that was driving me nuts.[/QUOTE]

lol, I left in there on purpose just to drive people crazy ;)

I didn't see any sports figures on the list. You would think they would go after the large dollars that sports folks make.

Not Ethan Suplee and Jason Lee! NO! My name is earl is a great show though but i knew something was a little off with Ethan Suplee. In the special featues of Earl he is sorta a little bit wierd if i must say so my self! But man jason lee? How do people get caught up into this crazy religion?

[quote name='camoor']You should see one of the documentaries on this cult.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying Scientology isn't completely ridiculous.

It is. But having Tom Cruise spearhead your cult isn't the best move if you want credibility.

Like I said, though, it's more absurd than the average religion. Hubbard was a science-fiction writer. He made up stories for a living.

It's all about image. The church of scientology panders to celebrities and lavishes them with insane luxuries at their Celebrity Centers. The more celebrities they get on board, the more (they believe) it legitimizes them and gets regular people to join up. The "regular" scientologists are forbidden from accessing the Celebrity Centers, yet they shoulder the burden of the expenses. The whole "religion" is premised on paying increasing amounts to gain more knowledge of it's inner workings. Hubbard himself is quoted as saying "the biggest scam in the world would be to create your own religion."

[quote name='rabbitt']I'm not saying Scientology isn't completely ridiculous.

It is. But having Tom Cruise spearhead your cult isn't the best move if you want credibility.

Like I said, though, it's more absurd than the average religion. Hubbard was a science-fiction writer. He made up stories for a living.[/quote]

Oh I have no problem with "ridiculous" mythologies (after all, who doesn't love the fanciful tales of LOTR or Star Wars)

I feel the "bad rap" given to scientology is well deserved because they have a history of kidnapping the wavering cult members for involuntary brainwashing. In addition, I find their criticisms of modern psychology to be shallow and poorly formed, and the substitution treatments that they use for their more advanced psychiatric cases have a proven history of being ineffective.

[quote name='camoor']Oh I have no problem with "ridiculous" mythologies (after all, who doesn't love the fanciful tales of LOTR or Star Wars)

I feel the "bad rap" given to scientology is well deserved because they have a history of kidnapping the wavering cult members for involuntary brainwashing. In addition, I find their criticisms of modern psychology to be shallow and poorly formed, and the substitution treatments that they use for their more advanced psychiatric cases have a proven history of being ineffective.[/QUOTE]

You got something against the E-Meter? Your thetans must be acting up. Make an appointment for some auditing first thing in the morning and it will clear up all your unfounded skepticism ;)

bread's done
Back