Scott Pilgrim: The Game PSN preorder + Sex Bob-Omb PS Home Shirt $8.99 again @UbiShop

lawl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
J1Ux2.jpg

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_...2000/Scott-Pilgrim-Vs-The-World-The-Game.html

Just did it, you get the codes right away to redeem on the 10th.

Use code 10THANKS to save $1 (thx to ShockandAww)

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this game support dual PSN log ins? Meaning if I play as player one and my brother plays as player 2 we can both save our progress and earn trophies?

[quote name='dgwillia006']How exactly am i being overprotective? Your practically just trolling, damn near everyone in this topic in the past few pages that claimed they hated it had idiotic reasons.[/QUOTE]

idiotic reasons? no online co-op, difficult on easy setting, freezing. dgwillia006 , i will bet u $5 that this game will have online co-op in the xbl version.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']idiotic reasons? no online co-op, difficult on easy setting, freezing. dgwillia006 , i will bet u $5 that this game will have online co-op in the xbl version.[/QUOTE]

Difficulty? Its a beat-em-up

Despite all of the hassles with ubishop.com (never again), this game was worth it.

It's an incredible beat-em-up (my favorite genre) with awesome graphics, tons of weapons and background interaction, and fantastic references to past video games (everything from River City Ransom to Super Mario Bros. gets a nod here).

To those of you who are saying this is only worth $5, come on. I mean really, how cheap can you be? I realize this is CHEAP Ass Gamer, but that kind of attitude is excessive even for this site.

Well worth the $10 (well, $9 in my case). I'd have paid 2-3 times that for a retail release and been happy with it. The asking price is dirt cheap, especially since it was rumored to be $15 at first.

Easily one of the best PSN games of the year. A must-buy.

There's no online co-op in the 360 version unless they patch it in later.

Of course, the day this comes out (and I have a code for free download) my PSN account gets mysteriously suspended.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']i will bet u $5 that this game will have online co-op in the xbl version.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't really make any sense. There is a two week period of timed exclusivity with Sony. It wouldn't really be good PR to start off with that, and then hold out on a major feature as a Microsoft exclusive. You can't play both sides like that, if only because it would outrage the early adopters.

If the game is popular enough, it is within the realm of possibility that online co-op could be added in. But it would be for both platforms.

[quote name='JDUB X']Does this game support dual PSN log ins? Meaning if I play as player one and my brother plays as player 2 we can both save our progress and earn trophies?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Not sure about the saving progress part. When I went into story mode and selected to play co-op 2 player, once I hit "X" to join, it popped up all my PSN log ins. Not sure about trophies (I did get 1, but wasn't sure which one of us/or both got it).

[quote name='maxim2boobles']overall review from people on this thread. thanks lukami.

-controls feel terrible
-super sluggish
-AI is annoying even on easy
-slow loading on the world map like lagging
-gameplay, i thought it'd be as fun as streets of rage but no it sucks

streets of rage 2 > scott pilgrim

P.S. i don't own an xbox[/QUOTE]

To each thier own, but when you start comparing two different games, you truly start showing your bias/lack of review validity

[quote name='maxim2boobles']streets of rage 2 > scott pilgrim[/QUOTE]
Who the hell expected otherwise?

This is a pretty dumb statement.

(I realize you didn't make it, maxim. I know you're just quoting other people's posts.)

[quote name='dgwillia006']To each thier own, but when you start comparing two different games, you truly start showing your bias/lack of review validity[/QUOTE]

river city ransom>streets of rage>final fight?> scott pilgrim

[quote name='DaBargainHunta']Who the hell expected otherwise?

This is a pretty dumb statement.

(I realize you didn't make it, maxim. I know you're just quoting other people's posts.)[/QUOTE]

:imwithst:

i love streets of rage and it has online co-op. its not difficult to add online code to an awesome game.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']:imwithst:

i love streets of rage and it has online co-op. its not difficult to add online code to an awesome game.[/QUOTE]

Typical kiddie response.

I actually don't compare it to other beat em ups, I think this game was just hyped up too much. I like most of you were super excited for this game, and kept checking this thread to see if it would be available to download as well as trying to redeem my code before today. After playing it some more I still don't like it and I still don't understand why everyone seems to like it including other websites.

Game is indeed awesome.

If you have a joystick, I recommend playing with it, feels good.

I like the difficulty, you're supposed to grind and level up in this game, earn money, buy better food, books, etc for stat upgrades and viola.
Classic kind of game.

Wow. Amazing game. I'm fighting Todd Ingram and getting my @$$ kicked! I love it!

To those who think the controls are sluggish, keep in mind that this is a beat'em up with RPG elements. If you move slowly, it's because your speed stat sucks. Find the right item and power it up. Same with taking too many hits to knock out enemies; power up your strength.

[quote name='dallow']Game is indeed awesome.

If you have a joystick, I recommend playing with it, feels good.

I like the difficulty, you're supposed to grind and level up in this game, earn money, buy better food, books, etc for stat upgrades and viola.
Classic kind of game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think people are forgetting this. You just start with all your moves and stuff in previous games of this type. But you actually level up and earn new attacks, and you can also upgrade your characters stats too. Which I think is a great extra layer to this.

Alright after playing the demo I have to say you all are fucking crazy, this game is awesome. Sorry it doesn't make everything easy mode.

[quote name='distrato']alright after playing the demo i have to say you all are fucking crazy, this game is awesome. Sorry it doesn't make everything easy mode.[/quote]

Quoted for truth

[quote name='Distrato']Alright after playing the demo I have to say you all are fucking crazy, this game is awesome. Sorry it doesn't make everything easy mode.[/QUOTE]
I'll third this. Just played through the first level and it's everything I expected, loving it so far.

I'm curious to see what the ages of people who hated this game and the people who loved this game are. I have a feeling there are some people in this thread that have never even played River City Ransom or other similar games, while others are basing their love on nostalgia.

Game sounds awesome but still not sure about the 9.99 price. Anyone know how long the game is on avg? I hate paying 9.99 for PSN games that lasts like 5 hours or so

Played again as Kim and I enjoyed it a bit more. Found a door that lets you skip some of the level so that would make losing all lives a little less tedious. I still think it takes too long to get up when knocked down, movement is too sluggish and I wish attacking enemies on the ground with items was a little more forgiving. Seems like you have to be pixel perfect to hit them. I bought an item that increased speed but it didn't seem to make any difference for the movement and getting up. Anyone know how high speed has to be before you see a noticeable difference?

Wasn't there a code for ubisoft's shop that discounted digital games? Anyone know it? It didn't work on pre-orders but now that the game is "in stock" I'm wondering if it works

[quote name='ssjmichael']Wasn't there a code for ubisoft's shop that discounted digital games? Anyone know it? It didn't work on pre-orders but now that the game is "in stock" I'm wondering if it works[/QUOTE]

The code, 10THANKS, is still in the OP which gives 10% off. Still might work. That what you are talking about?

[quote name='NamPaehc']The code, 10THANKS, is still in the OP which gives 10% off. Still might work. That what you are talking about?[/QUOTE]

no It was a 15 or 20% off digital games code I believe.

Everyones a critic. My girlfriend and I pretty much already got 10 dollars worth of gaming out of this, and I don't think I'm going to be finished with it any time soon. The game looks and feels great if you were part of gaming culture way back when. If you don't have someone to play it with I might be able to understand why you'd come to miserly conclusions.

Super fun game. Spent most of the night with it.

Had a different controller plugged in to my PS3 to charge, and when I was using mine it kept asking me to choose a profile. Then I realized that first player was recognized as the one connected to the USB. Made it to level 10 with some random profile I have for checking the JPN PSN store.

Oops. Already level 6 with my personal profile Scott.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Yeah I think people are forgetting this. You just start with all your moves and stuff in previous games of this type. But you actually level up and earn new attacks, and you can also upgrade your characters stats too. Which I think is a great extra layer to this.[/QUOTE]

Not so sure that people are forgetting this as much as the game fails to explain it. I didn't figure it out until I got crushed by the first boss.

I def. recommend to people that they do what I didn't: READ THE "HOW TO PLAY" documentation.

4 characters, an RPG system, local co-op with co-op specific moves, a world map with hidden areas and replayable levels. What a steal for $10!

I think you just start out too slow and weak. Stores should show up earlier in the first level so you can get started on those upgrades. It's just a chore to get to the shopping district with a new character. Anyway, I went ahead and bought the game after 3 runs through the trail, got my strength up to like 73 and now it's a lot more fun. Still died to the level 3 boss but I was laying waste to the regular enemies. Don't mind grinding as much now since it doesn't take a hundred hits to kill somebody. Now to get that speed up...

I don't know why anyone would expect this to be better than Streets of Rage, that's like the king of side-scrolling fighters. It is a very good game well worth $10, though yeah no online/drop in/drop-out co-op is kind of lame and hopefully they will patch that.

It's pretty sweet. The music is fantastic, the sprites look great, and the whole thing captures the feel of the books almost perfectly. It does take some grinding but I've grinded for far less charming games so no big deal.

After beating level one on the hard difficulty, I'm not really sure why people are making the comments I've been reading in this thread. The controls feel really tight and snappy to me; maybe people aren't using dash and jump? Also, I'm by no means an expert gamer, but I beat the first level on hard on my first try and beat the first boss without losing a life and getting that New Challenger trophy.

[quote name='jling84']After beating level one on the hard difficulty, I'm not really sure why people are making the comments I've been reading in this thread. The controls feel really tight and snappy to me; maybe people aren't using dash and jump? Also, I'm by no means an expert gamer, but I beat the first level on hard on my first try and beat the first boss without losing a life and getting that New Challenger trophy.[/QUOTE]

By yourself? that is a pretty unusual feat, yes. The game is hard. The controls aren't awful, but they aren't as responsive as they could be. You mentioned jumping, but that in itself is pretty restrictive. It seems to me you can only jump straight up, or in a wide arc.

I love the game, but it is certainly flawed. I'm hoping it gets a direct or spiritual sequel to tighten some of the issues up.

[quote name='jling84']After beating level one on the hard difficulty, I'm not really sure why people are making the comments I've been reading in this thread. The controls feel really tight and snappy to me; maybe people aren't using dash and jump? Also, I'm by no means an expert gamer, but I beat the first level on hard on my first try and beat the first boss without losing a life and getting that New Challenger trophy.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I played on hard, probably not just started the first level without doing anything else, but I beat the first boss all by myself in the demo without any continues, though it did take me down to 0 lives and I KO'd the boss with like 10 health left(fireball was coming right at me!) so I don't think the game was that hard, especially if you have 2 players.

Edit: In the demo, can you buy stuff with your money? A friend told me you could, but I didn't see how in the demo. Also he mentioned call in knives to help you, could you do that in the demo?

the first level is actually pretty easy, at least for me, I played single player only died once and beat it on my first try. now 2nd level is hard, especially if you are not properly levled up for it. By the way, a good way to level up is do the zombie survival. After stage 1, I spent about 15 min in there and I got to lvl 16.

I loved the Demo, will be buying sooner or later. This reminds me of the classic beat em ups. I dont get the complaining about controls. They remind me of the old games and take me back. Sure they could be better, but then what would be the point of making it look retro?

[quote name='wrencrest']I loved the Demo, will be buying sooner or later. This reminds me of the classic beat em ups. I dont get the complaining about controls. They remind me of the old games and take me back. Sure they could be better, but then what would be the point of making it look retro?[/QUOTE]

Well, they should definitely allow you to remap the button layout. I'd much rather have block as a trigger button.

[quote name='SDC']By yourself? that is a pretty unusual feat, yes. The game is hard. The controls aren't awful, but they aren't as responsive as they could be. You mentioned jumping, but that in itself is pretty restrictive. It seems to me you can only jump straight up, or in a wide arc.

I love the game, but it is certainly flawed. I'm hoping it gets a direct or spiritual sequel to tighten some of the issues up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah just by myself. For me sidestepping, jumping, dashing, all of that was really responsive. As far as jumping, when you say it's restrictive do you mean that you can't change directions in the air? When I was jumping or jump kicking, I would always dash and then jump which would let me go basically anywhere I wanted across the screen or land a jump kick on someone, say, above and to the right of me.

Also something that people aren't talking about much is the RPG leveling system in the game. I don't know if you can see it as much in the demo, but once you start getting past level 4-5, the game's pace definitely ramps up.

bread's done
Back