Scott Pilgrim vs. the World $7.99 on Amazon! (Blu/DVD combo)

Am I the only person who didn't love this movie? I love jason schwartzman but I do not like micael ceras one bit. He's like a less funny jessie eisenberg and is less versatile in roles.

[quote name='Rumors']Am I the only person who didn't love this movie? I love jason schwartzman but I do not like micael ceras one bit. He's like a less funny jessie eisenberg and is less versatile in roles.[/QUOTE]

No, you aren't. I really don't get why people are so obsessed with this movie. I thought it was decent, but doesn't deserve the praise everyone gives it.

[quote name='Rumors']Am I the only person who didn't love this movie? I love jason schwartzman but I do not like micael ceras one bit. He's like a less funny jessie eisenberg and is less versatile in roles.[/QUOTE]

It's okay if you are. I'm probably the only person who doesn't like Mad Men. Just never picked up for me...I really wanted to like it, too. I like the other amc shows, Breaking Bad is my favorite.

[quote name='opterasis']No, you aren't. I really don't get why people are so obsessed with this movie. I thought it was decent, but doesn't deserve the praise everyone gives it.[/QUOTE]

No one likes every move. If it didn't click with you, that's fine. It is more a reaction against those who never saw the movie who says it sucks because it didn't do well in the theaters.

Personally, I think it was one of the best films that year, but that's just me. Michael Cera may not have been perfect in that role, but he was good enough. The rest of the cast, tho, was note perfect.

I didn't love it. It was okay.

It's certainly well made, though. Definitely seems like Wright went a long way to please fans, minus the whole Cera thing. I didn't mind him, but I know some hardcore Pilgrim fans that hated that casting.

I bought it, though. Worth the $8 to see it again and to see it in blu-ray.

Nope, seemed to prey on teenage boy's love for video games. If I had seen this when I was 14 I'd probably have loved the attention (like when The Wizard came out or Mario Brothers) but as an adult, just wasn't for me.

Same price at BB next week if you have credit to spend, FYI.

I must be getting old. I couldn't even finish watching this pile of crap. I got about 3/4 of the way in and just turned it off (and I'll sit through almost anything). It was desperately trying to be "quirky" or "indie" or whatever stupid hipster label you want to put on it and just failed in every way possible. It was absolutely horrible, IMO. One of the worst movies I've (almost) seen in a long long time.

[quote name='Javery']I must be getting old. I couldn't even finish watching this pile of crap. I got about 3/4 of the way in and just turned it off (and I'll sit through almost anything). It was desperately trying to be "quirky" or "indie" or whatever stupid hipster label you want to put on it and just failed in every way possible. It was absolutely horrible, IMO. One of the worst movies I've (almost) seen in a long long time.[/QUOTE]

I made it all the way through, but I didn't think it was all that great either.

IMO, it's similar to my opinion of Donnie Darko. People like it cause it's weird, but the reality is... the movie blows.

I absolutely loved this movie (I had read the graphic novels prior as well). One of my favorite movies when it came out at the time and criminally underrated IMO.

Sure, it seems like at times it's trying too hard to be "too cool for school" and reeks of hipster-ness, but I thought it was an enjoyable coming-of-age flick; kind of like this generation's American Pie.

Good visuals and a fantastic soundtrack to boot too.

The weird thing about this movie is that its style appeals to teenagers, but all the references are meant for adults. One of my students, who didn't get the references, reminded me, "We're the PlayStation THREE generation. Your N64 is so old!" (I was actually talking about the NES...)

Thanks Op!

I bought a used rental dvd version from blockbuster about a year ago, where they list the special features but when you click on it, it tells you to buy the full version, for $8 this is an easy upgrade!

[quote name='opterasis']No, you aren't. I really don't get why people are so obsessed with this movie. I thought it was decent, but doesn't deserve the praise everyone gives it.[/QUOTE]

I'm kinda in the same boat as you guys. My ex browbeat me into getting this back when it was $20 or so, and while I was amused by a few of the references (like the LttP music at the beginning), it was completely forgettable. Doesn't help that I don't really like Cera, either.

bread's done
Back