Scott Pilgrim vs The World The Game [PSN]

Kandal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
Looks like my first topic was deleted without any explanation.

I'll be running various event through out the day of any giving week. Just keep your eyes peel.

Second Event: Starting now until 6/14 12:00 PM Eastern Time.
The person who comes up with a cool idea for an event wins a code.

Feel free to continue sharing your epic game deal story if you wish to do so. If I like it a lot you might randomly win a code through private messaging.

First event will start now 6/12 and END at 6/13 at 12PM Noon Eastern time. Winner will receive Scott Pilgrim vs The World The Game [PSN]

Event: With your own experience, tell me the most epic/cheapass gaming deal you have ever acquired! The person with the most EPIC Story get's a copy of the game!

Note: I also like to randomly place down a few codes at various time of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
when they ran a buy 2 get 1 free at gamestop, they had modern warfare 2 accidently marked as 10 but still counted as a $30, so basically got 2 more $30 games and i basically saved $40. Not that big, but eh, somethin, lol

Long one here, and more of an epic college moment than a deal:
As much as I love Amazon, last semester I sent them one of my text books to trade in after exams, and it came back as "mismatched #." I had assumed it was an edition error, so I went back in and resent with the previous edition. It was then returned again, this time with "incomplete." While I had no clue what the book could possibly be missing, I did notice they had severely damaged the outside of the book - and it got much worse after each mailing. It was in perfect condition when I initially sent it, and now I was left with a damaged book that Amazon won't accept for some unknown reason. So, I complained, and a long argument later, they gave me the full value of the trade in. I then proceeded to sell the book to the "shady van guy" outside our campus for a lesser value. All in all, I ended up with over $100, and only paid $80 for the book to begin with. This extra money of course went towards games. The End.

TL/DR - I sold my college text book for a profit.

A couple of years ago I was working at a fast food restaurant and my manager started telling me about how he loved Soul Blade on the PlayStation 1 when it came out. I mentioned to him that I owned a copy, and he told me he'd be willing to trade me the few PSX games he still had around if I gave him Soul Blade. I said sure, since I didn't play Soul Blade all that much. The next day he brings in 3 games: Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Metal Gear Solid. I told him these games were worth much more than Soul Blade, but he told me he didn't really care about the money. So in the end I got those 3 games in exchange for 1 game I originally paid $7.50 for.

[quote name='Lost Loser']A couple of years ago I was working at a fast food restaurant and my manager started telling me about how he loved Soul Blade on the PlayStation 1 when it came out. I mentioned to him that I owned a copy, and he told me he'd be willing to trade me the few PSX games he still had around if I gave him Soul Blade. I said sure, since I didn't play Soul Blade all that much. The next day he brings in 3 games: Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Metal Gear Solid. I told him these games were worth much more than Soul Blade, but he told me he didn't really care about the money. So in the end I got those 3 games in exchange for 1 game I originally paid $7.50 for.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

I don't have a story to contribute, nor do I want a code, since I already won one, but I think the above story, about the manager, is bloody epic.
Congrats, I hope you win.

I have one. I bought two copies of Epic Mickey for $15 a piece. Then I traded them in to Best Buy for $30 a piece. I then used the credit on a copy of Mortal Kombat (PS3), and sold the classic Subzero code for $25 on ebay. In the end, I only spent $5 on a game that wasn't even two weeks old.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I have one. I bought two copies of Epic Mickey for $15 a piece. Then I traded them in to Best Buy for $30 a piece. I then used the credit on a copy of Mortal Kombat (PS3), and sold the classic Subzero code for $25 on ebay. In the end, I only spent $5 on a game that wasn't even two weeks old.[/QUOTE]

Talk about cheapass hustling! you are true to your screen name, I too can relate.

Just before last Christmas, Gamestop.com had "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition" for the PC for $0.99 - new. I promptly added it to my cart and typed in some code that was supposed to allow free shipping. The code did not work, so I tried the almighty "Saver" coupon code which works for free shipping on orders over $25. Because I wanted to be sure the "Saver" code still worked, I upped the quantity of SW:TFU-USE to 26 - totaling out at $25.74. My plan was then to lower the quantity and then see if there was anything else I wanted to ad to bring the total back up over $25 after I was sure it worked. Once "Saver" applied, shipping was free - so I became excited. Being excited and afraid that the game was going to sellout, I promptly clicked "Place Order" and simultaneously said "Oh Sh*t" out loud - realizing I just purchased 26 copies of the same game. When the box arrived 10 days later in the mail, I could not think of what I ordered that was in such a large box. Once I opened it, I LOL for about 5 mins.

So, my deal was 26 copies of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition for PC for $27

Guess what EVERYBODY got for Christmas from me last year, along with some happy Toys For Tots kids.

I have to say, when Best Buy ran a 'Buy 2, Get 1 Free' deal about a year and a half ago, I totally abused it. That is to say, Best Buy's computers had it programmed that the middle game purchased was the free one (not the cheapest one). I still have quite a few copies of whatever 5 or 10 dollar games I used to purchase hits like, Fallout3 GOTY, Ratchet and Clank, etc.

My story is less of a finding a game at a deal, and more about getting an epic deal from purchasing a game.

Way back when it was first announced, I pre-ordered Final Fantasy Dissidia 012 from Amazon.com (I think the game was on a discount if pre-ordered, at the time it was an incentive, because I typically don't pre-order).

Anyway, as (bad) luck would have it, I had fallen upon some difficult financial times and stopped buying games for a while - unfortunately, I forgot to cancel my pre-order of Final Fantasy. So, after receiving it in the mail I immediately threw it up on eBay to recoup my money, minus those heinous eBay/paypal fees.

Well, my story doesn't end there. Days later I found that Amazon had sent me, via email, a DLC code for an additional Tifa costume. Needless to say I almost deleted it since I sold the game without opening it - but I thought, 'what the heck', I'll throw the code up on eBay and maybe make a few dollars. The Tifa code sold for $80...!!! Needless to say, it was an epic sale on my part, considering I thought I'd make $5 on it. Great time for the money too, because I needed it!

More than a few times I've walked away from Walmart with deals that were too good to be true. Many times I've found games in their discount area that were marked down to $3-$5 which sold back to GameStop for $15 or more. The best I found was a large number of discounted Wii Point cards, usually $20, but selling for $3 and they came with some various accessories like wiimote gloves, DS slipcovers, and styluses. Sold about half of the card sets online for $15 and used the others to well buy out all the good DSi games and have some extra to give to friends.

No way I'm beating the Soul Blade story, but what the hell.

There was the time I went to Target on my lunch break one day and found 2 sealed Rock Band complete sets for $34.98 each. This is back before Rock Band 2 was even out, I then spent the rest of my lunch break trying to figure out how to fit both of the boxes into my little car.

Another time I went to Toys R Us to try and get the Guitar Hero World Tour complete set when it was on sale for $69.99. They had one left for 360 which was sweet, but on top of that some kid had just tried to steal a Dualshock 3 by cutting the box open and I asked what they were going to do with it and they said I could buy it at a discount. I offered $30 and they taped it up and sent it home with me.

I got a free Playstation 2 Slim, Kingdom Hearts II and Gran Turismo 4 in a raffle a couple years ago. Had to pay $2 for the raffle ticket, but it was the best 2 bucks I ever spent.
It really hurts how it broke 9 months ago (My own bastardized modding to blame) and I am still unable to replace it.

I brought lost planet one a week after it came out for 15$ new at target the funny thing is that it was 65$ dollars with tax. Some fool put the wrong price lol I came out a winner.

Actually, I forgot to mention probably the best deal I've ever gotten. Last year, around the time when Heavy Rain came out, a seller on eBay was selling a new, factory sealed copy for around $27.98 as a 'Buy-It-Now'. It looked a bit sketchy, but, against my better judgement, I went for it.

A week went by and it turned out that Paypal had found the seller to be suspicious and automatically refunded my money. I contacted Paypal and found out that the seller had possibly acquired a stolen credit card. Oh well, I figured it was too good to be true...

Another week goes by and I get a package in the mail from Walmart. Now, I never order from Walmart online. I open the package to find: a brand new copy, factory sealed of Heavy Rain! I scored a copy for free! So, I'm led to assume that this 'seller' had stolen a credit card and sold games at a discount, yet bought them at full price to fufill his eBay orders? Strange, but true.

[quote name='SolidSnake86']Actually, I forgot to mention probably the best deal I've ever gotten. Last year, around the time when Heavy Rain came out, a seller on eBay was selling a new, factory sealed copy for around $27.98 as a 'Buy-It-Now'. It looked a bit sketchy, but, against my better judgement, I went for it.

A week went by and it turned out that Paypal had found the seller to be suspicious and automatically refunded my money. I contacted Paypal and found out that the seller had possibly acquired a stolen credit card. Oh well, I figured it was too good to be true...

Another week goes by and I get a package in the mail from Walmart. Now, I never order from Walmart online. I open the package to find: a brand new copy, factory sealed of Heavy Rain! I scored a copy for free! So, I'm led to assume that this 'seller' had stolen a credit card and sold games at a discount, yet bought them at full price to fufill his eBay orders? Strange, but true.[/QUOTE]
You got one of the best games of last year for free! That's pretty awesome.

I had a very difficult conversation I needed to have with my best friend. I knew it was likely to be the last conversation I would ever have with him, given that he doesn't react well to situations that require him to be mature and have grown up conversations. Problem was, he was late delivering the birthday gift he had promised me -- Uncharted 2 for PS3. So, of course I deferred the conversation until after the gift came. I accepted the gift, then talked with him about what was on my mind. We have not spoken since. As it turns out, he wasn't such a good friend after all. No great loss there.

Not actually in for a code since I won one previously, just wanted to share the pinnacle of my cheapness. When Portal 2 came out I entered a handful of contests. One required a bit of effort but I ended up winning with 1/98 chance. A couples of days later I receive an email saying a won another copy from a caption contest. So I ended up winning two Portal 2's within two weeks.

The only really awesome deals I find involve buying cheap and selling high(er).

For instance, the week after Mortal Kombat and Portal 2 came out, I got MK for $25 when it was on sale + coupon at TRU, Portal 2 for $22 (at Gamestop, used + PUR + -$10 used game coupon), and Epic Mickey for $15 at TRU (on sale + coupon). After beating Portal 2 and Epic Mickey, and playing MK enough to realize I didn't care, I sold all three to Best Buy for $30 each.

Getting Mortal Kombat from TRU also netted me the Kitana costume DLC, which sold on eBay for $15.

So that was $62 spent for $90 in BB credit and $15 cash. I was definitely happy with the deal!

Last year I bought Dead Space from Best Buy for $29.99. About 2 days later, I found out that EA was selling it on their website for $20. My plan was to return the Best Buy copy and buy it on the EA site. I go to buy it, but the site glitched during checkout or something and wouldn't accept my card.

The game sold out on EA.

So I contact customer service, and after a while the guy says he's sorry and that he'll give me a coupon for $20, which he did. At this point the EA copy of Dead Space had gone back up in price so it didn't make since to buy it because I wouldn't be saving any cash, so I opened my Best Buy copy and sat on that coupon, knowing I'd find a use for it later.

Fast-forward: this spring my friend tells me EA's offering 50% off on select games + free shipping. The Saboteur and Dante's Inferno: Divine Edition were now listed at $9.99 each. I got them both for zero dollars.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Just before last Christmas, Gamestop.com had "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition" for the PC for $0.99 - new. I promptly added it to my cart and typed in some code that was supposed to allow free shipping. The code did not work, so I tried the almighty "Saver" coupon code which works for free shipping on orders over $25. Because I wanted to be sure the "Saver" code still worked, I upped the quantity of SW:TFU-USE to 26 - totaling out at $25.74. My plan was then to lower the quantity and then see if there was anything else I wanted to ad to bring the total back up over $25 after I was sure it worked. Once "Saver" applied, shipping was free - so I became excited. Being excited and afraid that the game was going to sellout, I promptly clicked "Place Order" and simultaneously said "Oh Sh*t" out loud - realizing I just purchased 26 copies of the same game. When the box arrived 10 days later in the mail, I could not think of what I ordered that was in such a large box. Once I opened it, I LOL for about 5 mins.

So, my deal was 26 copies of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition for PC for $27

Guess what EVERYBODY got for Christmas from me last year, along with some happy Toys For Tots kids.[/QUOTE]

ROFL this got me ROFL :bouncy::applause:

Well I would say the mom and pop video game shop that used to exist where I live would be my best for deals but since the closing a few years ago because of the lack of funding to keep it open all we are left with is a Gamestop.

I usually frequent Gamestop against my better judgement scoping for hidden gems or good deals. Though since the closing of the mom and pop shop you wouldn't believe how many people try to bring in classic games hoping to trade them in only to get turned down. On one particular day I remember a guy walking in with two paper box's filled with items and shortly after being turned away after being rejected and getting into an argument.

I ended up following that guy out to his car asking if he would sell what he had and he was in such a angry frenzy from the argument with the clerk that he said make me an offer upon which I offer $30 that he instantly asked where my car was. Now I didn't get any major gem's/games that day but I got a few things like a SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Saturn, and some games and controllers for each. I mean it's not amazing but I think it's still a great deal considering I could easily make much more money if I ever wanted to sell them of which I never want to. :D

My most epic gaming deal was when I wanted Mass Effect 2 PS3 and I noticed the price was changed from my pre order so I used the amazon.com chat and told the guy and he gave me a $20 credit and afterwards I noticed the price change wasn't from amazon but from a seller with amazon but they made it appear that was the official amazon price.

Then I noticed the game didn't have release day shipping for a dollar and used the amazon chat again and the person gave me free 1 day shipping. I was like THANK YOU MAN!!!! I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU AND WUB YOU.

So that along with a gift card as a gift made my total like $18 lol.

The moral of this discounted adventure is that if you try hard enough Amazon will love you.

A little over year ago, BestBuy had a Buy 2 get 1 free promotion on Wii/PS3/360 games, and I ended up choosing Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted, and WiiFit Plus. When I went to the register, the discount was not being applied so a manager was called over. The manager took a look at the games, and told me that the games didn't qualify because none of the titles were $59.99. After reviewing the ad, I pointed out that Wii games were clearly included in the print ad and were almost never above $50, but still he refused. After arguing with him for several minutes and threatening to call customer support, he finally gave in giving me an exception "just this once".

Normally this would not be a story, but what happened next was unexpected. The "workaround" was to penny out WiiFit plus and remove a penny from another title. But the system instead decided to also zero out Metal Gear Solid 4. The cashier radioed the manager again, but he was clearly tired of dealing with me and told the cashier to just go through with it.

In the end, I walked out of the store with Uncharted, MGS4, and WiiFit Plus for only $22.69 after a $5 reward zone coupon. Me 1 - BestBuy 0.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Just before last Christmas, Gamestop.com had "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition" for the PC for $0.99 - new. I promptly added it to my cart and typed in some code that was supposed to allow free shipping. The code did not work, so I tried the almighty "Saver" coupon code which works for free shipping on orders over $25. Because I wanted to be sure the "Saver" code still worked, I upped the quantity of SW:TFU-USE to 26 - totaling out at $25.74. My plan was then to lower the quantity and then see if there was anything else I wanted to ad to bring the total back up over $25 after I was sure it worked. Once "Saver" applied, shipping was free - so I became excited. Being excited and afraid that the game was going to sellout, I promptly clicked "Place Order" and simultaneously said "Oh Sh*t" out loud - realizing I just purchased 26 copies of the same game. When the box arrived 10 days later in the mail, I could not think of what I ordered that was in such a large box. Once I opened it, I LOL for about 5 mins.

Guess what EVERYBODY got for Christmas from me last year, along with some happy Toys For Tots kids.[/QUOTE]

Congrats! Your story is very similar to how I receive my codes for Scott Pilgrim vs The World The Game! Therefore I'm spreading the love just as much as you did. Enjoy the game.

Mine isnt all that epic or fun (nor will I make it that way)

I went to target and got CoD Black Ops prestige edition for 37 usd. Sold off the W@W map pack for 70 and then traded my friend the home costume for a slot on his UK account (39 games were on there =3 including outland and beyond good/evil HD). Finally sold my game alone to gamestop during the +50% deal and was given more than I paid for the whole thing. Not bad for a game where I kept the RC car + medal =D

[quote name='Kandal']Congrats! Your story is very similar to how I receive my codes for Scott Pilgrim vs The World The Game! Therefore I'm spreading the love just as much as you did. Enjoy the game.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for the code. I am glad you liked my story.

Now, my deal is even better!! 26 Copies of SW:TFW-USE for PC + Scott Pilgram for PS3 for $27!! LOL

[quote name='sassylaurie']Thank you so much for the code. I am glad you liked my story.

Now, my deal is even better!! 26 Copies of SW:TFW-USE for PC + Scott Pilgram for PS3 for $27!! LOL[/QUOTE]

That's pretty funny, lol.

Starting now until 6/14 12:00 PM Eastern Time. The person who comes up with a cool idea for an event wins a code.

Feel free to continue sharing your epic game deal story if you wish to do so.

It's a bit out, but my idea is to have people play the MLB '11 game online during the same time as one of the championship games this fall. Whoever's game ends most closely in stats to the actual outcome of the game wins a prize.

I love that sooo much! Rofl!

my idea is that 3rd party games should be play cross platforms online.. so 360 players /ps3/pc. could play against each other

A cool idea for an event would be randomly change one of your posts (1,100 to pick from) and just drop the code. It would be hard, but worthwhile for some im sure.

My idea is whoever can faithfully recreated the 2010 NBA Finals games 1-7 with NBA 2K11 gets to hang out with the basketball team of their choosing for a day.

My idea for an event has already been tried out in Sony Home, but I believe it's always been done as a solo effort. My idea is basically a group treasure hunt where you're randomly thrown in with a group of 4 people. All the groups entered into the event then have to find 12 objects scattered around the various Home locations using a bunch of clues. Now each group can split up into individuals or stay together but each group member must find at least 2 items and after finding all the items they must cross a pre-determined finish line as a group. First group to find all the items, have each member find at least 2 items, and then all cross the finish line wins a prize.

I just wanted to share my story about one of my video game browsing experiences, so I was simply browsing the video game, more specifically the PS3 games, not expecting to purchase anything with the three dollars in change I had in my pocket for the bus. I happened to see Mass Effect 2 on clearance but no price marked but I got excited and asked for the price. It was marked at 200 dollars :/ but I laughed it off assuming it was a computer error but than I decided to price check everything else and for some reason many of them tended to be over sixty. Than one sticker on Dark Void and on Red Dead Redemption both had "Sale only 399.99!" Although I was assuming they were supposed to be only 39.99 I price checked anyway. turns out they were only a dollar each according to the computer. :D I walked home that day because I had no money for the bus. I must say it was totally worth it.

[quote name='hereon']I just wanted to share my story about one of my video game browsing experiences, so I was simply browsing the video game, more specifically the PS3 games, not expecting to purchase anything with the three dollars in change I had in my pocket for the bus. I happened to see Mass Effect 2 on clearance but no price marked but I got excited and asked for the price. It was marked at 200 dollars :/ but I laughed it off assuming it was a computer error but than I decided to price check everything else and for some reason many of them tended to be over sixty. Than one sticker on Dark Void and on Red Dead Redemption both had "Sale only 399.99!" Although I was assuming they were supposed to be only 39.99 I price checked anyway. turns out they were only a dollar each according to the computer. :D I walked home that day because I had no money for the bus. I must say it was totally worth it.[/QUOTE]

LOL that's a true CAGER right there. :bouncy:

The Orange Box is the best deal in gaming. 5 games for the price of one! It doesn't even need a sale since its such a crazy deal at retail price!

PS: Is that the same Kandal from GDD??

How bout a black ops event where people can host their own matches of party games which can vary to a lot of games to play, anything that the host can think of basketball shooting grenades through a small hole, football a partner throwing a sticky grenade to a ally before getting knifed by a opponent, any thing. I'm guessing this is a event.

[quote name='sir-fly']my idea is that 3rd party games should be play cross platforms online.. so 360 players /ps3/pc. could play against each other[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome. I've always wanted that. My idea would include everybody playing the NBA Finals in NBA 2K11. Whoever matched Dirk's free throw numbers would win a prize. Seems fair enough.

[quote name='TYLERxDURDEN']The Orange Box is the best deal in gaming. 5 games for the price of one! It doesn't even need a sale since its such a crazy deal at retail price!

PS: Is that the same Kandal from GDD??[/QUOTE]

Yes Tyler! i'm from Game Deal Daily! been awhile since I visited that site.

Since we're still allowed to share these, my favorite cheapass deal was getting the entire Halo 3 legendary edition, brand new, helmet and all, for $19.99 from P.C. Richard and Sons. I hadn't even heard of that store until I caught wind of the deal, but I love them for such an awesome deal.

I already won a code *thanks again* so I am just sharing another awesome story about how we got our Wii. We were on a 5 hour road trip across the state in January 2007. This is a time when people were tent camping in

bread's done
Back