Scott Pilgrim vs The World - Trailer 2

naiku

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
first minute of the trailer is great. Combat looks videogame/comicbook done right. the 1up moment in the trailer makes me a little nervous. I don't want them to get too stupid with the effects.

Definitely looks like a fun & enjoyable summer film.

[youtube]jce1icF9jWY[/youtube]

or

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/scottpilgrimvstheworld/

In theaters August 13th, 2010

poster-xlarge.jpg

Directed by
Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz)

Writing by
Michael Bacall (Manic, Bookies)
Edgar Wright

Plot:

Everything is totally sweet.

Scott Pilgrim's life is so awesome. He's 23 years old, in a rock band, "between jobs," and dating a cute high school girl. Everything's fantastic until a seriously mind-blowing, dangerously fashionable, roller blading delivery girl named Ramona Flowers starts cruising through his dreams and sailing by him at parties. But the path to Ms. Flowers isn't covered in rose petals. Ramona's seven evil exes stand between Scott and true happiness. Can Scott beat the bad guys and get the girl without turning his precious little life upside-down?

The film is based on the Oni Press graphic novel Scott Pilgrim Volume 1: Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life, written by Bryan Lee O'Malley.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']I must see this. And I must read Scott Pilgrim now.[/QUOTE]

Yes you should

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal'] The effects like the 1-up really come right out of the comic. It looks like the captures the feel really well.[/QUOTE]

ah wow....i didn't know it was that faithful to the source material like that. Very cool then! I think anything with Mary Elizabeth Winstead ill go see....*drool*

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']im sad. im going to be the oldest person in the theater when i see this.[/QUOTE]

Buy tickets for old homeless guys. Problem solved.

Ugh. Never thought I'd be repulsed by an Edgar Wright movie.

"It's on like Donkey Kong"? Are you fucking kidding me?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='batman1939']Am I the only one who thinks a "No More Heroes" movie could be done if this works?[/QUOTE]

Thats what im hopping for.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Ugh. Never thought I'd be repulsed by an Edgar Wright movie.

"It's on like Donkey Kong"? Are you fucking kidding me?[/QUOTE]

To be fair, whoever edited the trailer added the Donkey Kong thing. As far as I know, it's not in the actual movie.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Ugh. Never thought I'd be repulsed by an Edgar Wright movie.

"It's on like Donkey Kong"? Are you fucking kidding me?[/QUOTE]

we cant all be james cameron

This could be... I dunno... I feel like I'm watching a John Hughes movie when I saw that trailer. You know that giddy feeling. Could those types of movies return? I really miss them.

I had been hearing that title all over the place and knew there was a comic/8 bit looking video game in the works, but holy crap I am going to watch the shit out of this movie! Hopefully the typical Micheal Cera film formula (Meets girl and falls in love -> Indie music! -> Problem introduced -> Indie music! -> Use of extremely improbable dialogue and wit to resolve issue -> Indie Music!/Happy Ending!) will be broken with all the combat and badassery in the trailer.

[quote name='dingo_stole_mybaby']I had been hearing that title all over the place and knew there was a comic/8 bit looking video game in the works, but holy crap I am going to watch the shit out of this movie! Hopefully the typical Micheal Cera film formula (Meets girl and falls in love -> Indie music! -> Problem introduced -> Indie music! -> Use of extremely improbable dialogue and wit to resolve issue -> Indie Music!/Happy Ending!) will be broken with all the combat and badassery in the trailer.[/QUOTE]

The movie is based on the comic. There are (I think) 5 or 6 total books and all but the last are completed, you can spoil the movie all you want and read them. But yes, your description pretty much sums up the comics.

Took a look at the comics. Among the lamer things I've ever seen. Now I'm 100% sure that this will be horrible, and that it can't just be the fault of a bad trailer.

People seriously like this stupid shit? Ugh.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']we cant all be james cameron[/QUOTE]
Indeed, some people have to spew trite ironic indie music indie dialogue ridiculous dialogue 8-bit-is-so-hip hipster-pandering $$$$$$ bullshit to make up for their dumbass plots, where as all Cameron has is visuals and production design to make up for his dumbass plots.

(Are you trying to troll me for liking Avatar? WTF? Haha.)

[quote name='RedGamer']This movie looks like the equivalent to a "No More Heroes" movie. And I totally love it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, No More Heroes is totally about evil boyfriends or some dumbshit.

bread's done
Back