Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (Two Disc DVD/Blu-ray Combo) - $9.99

so does best buy. ; )

hadn't seen this in theaters, but based on all the reviews i've been reading, will pick it up today

thanks, op

[quote name='klew']so does best buy. ; )

hadn't seen this in theaters, but based on all the reviews i've been reading, will pick it up today

thanks, op[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Grabbed a copy at BB w/ in-store pick up. And yes, highly recommend this. Awesome movie. :)

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Thank you! Grabbed a copy at BB w/ in-store pick up. And yes, highly recommend this. Awesome movie. :)[/QUOTE]

you're welcome! and thx for the recommendation. people really seem to love this movie, so i'm looking forward to it (especially as a lifelong gamer).

Hmm, I own the standard DVD, but I'm tempted to get this for the extras (and the cool blue packaging).

Can anyone who already owns the Blu-ray tell me if it's worth double-dipping?

[quote name='Vigilante']Hmm, I own the standard DVD, but I'm tempted to get this for the extras (and the cool blue packaging).

Can anyone who already owns the Blu-ray tell me if it's worth double-dipping?[/QUOTE]

It's a great looking and sounding Blu, if that helps any.

Anybody that doesn't already own this movie should buy this. Now.

[quote name='klew']so does best buy. ; )

thanks, op[/QUOTE]

I was going to mention that. You beat me to the punch!

Looks like Amazon also matched the $9.99 on Inglourious Basterds, lowered 9 and Robin Hood to $11.49, and Get Him to the Greek to $12.49 instead of matching completely.

I guess I might pick up Robin Hood since I don't have that... maybe.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Looks like Amazon also matched the $9.99 on Inglourious Basterds, lowered 9 and Robin Hood to $11.49, and Get Him to the Greek to $12.49 instead of matching completely.

I guess I might pick up Robin Hood since I don't have that... maybe.[/QUOTE]

i picked up robin hood blu-ray combo at best buy for $9.99, but maybe you already knew it was on sale(?).

@CheapAssHustla:
sorry ; ). was planning best buy trip so thought i'd check

[quote name='klew']i picked up robin hood blu-ray combo at best buy for $9.99, but maybe you already knew it was on sale(?).

@CheapAssHustla:
sorry ; ). was planning best buy trip so thought i'd check[/QUOTE]

Yes, that was my point with "matched." This is all Amazon price matching Best Buy.

was going to buy this through amazon, but noticed that it wont ship for 11-13 days, try to pick it up at best buy sometime this week

Ordered it and I see nothing on the package that says it a blu/dvd combo. The side it just has bluray. If search the upc some sites have dvd/bluray combo. Not sure about opening it yet. Anyone who recieve it from amazon or have the copy know if it says on the case?

Looks like I wasn't the only one Slickdeals has some people receive the bluray only version so if you get it check case. Oh well first thing I ordered form amazon that hasn't arrived as expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine doesn't say DVD on the outer package it says some kind of collector's edition or something, but there was a DVD copy inside.

[quote name='Rig']That's the price I've been waiting for. I'm in!

And yeah, OP, edit out that SD link.[/QUOTE]Removed that useless SD link and put the proper CAG referral link in the OP.

[quote name='blindinglights']Mine doesn't say DVD on the outer package it says some kind of collector's edition or something, but there was a DVD copy inside.[/QUOTE]

What!? Can you post a picture of it, please?

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Ordered it and I see nothing on the package that says it a blu/dvd combo. The side it just has bluray. If search the upc some sites have dvd/bluray combo. Not sure about opening it yet. Anyone who recieve it from amazon or have the copy know if it says on the case?

Looks like I wasn't the only one Slickdeals has some people receive the bluray only version so if you get it check case. Oh well first thing I ordered form amazon that hasn't arrived as expected.[/QUOTE]

This is how mine showed up too and I was hesitant about opening it, but bit the bullet and opened it up anyway and it did have both a DVD and Bluray inside.

[quote name='Scorch']What!? Can you post a picture of it, please?[/QUOTE]

pilgrimj.jpg

Thank you I opened mine also and it did indeed have the dvd.

But the damn bluray case is broke and bits of plastic were inside the case and it won't stay closed. Debating if I really want to go through the trouble of exchanging it or just replace it with another bluray case of a crappy movie I own.

I don't believe the Blu Ray case says (on the front) that there's a DVD in it. I bought it the week it came out and it only says it on the sleeve. I guess they will probably just roll this out sans DVD soon. Great price for this blu-ray though, it has some great special features and commentaries.

[quote name='Sonic9jct']I don't believe the Blu Ray case says (on the front) that there's a DVD in it. I bought it the week it came out and it only says it on the sleeve. I guess they will probably just roll this out sans DVD soon. Great price for this blu-ray though, it has some great special features and commentaries.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to post about the fact that the slipcover mentions the DVD being included. I also got this the week it came out at BB since they had the 30% off any Blu-ray coupon at that point (also got a good discount off Doctor Who Series 5) and I'm so glad I own it.

I was one of the 5 people who saw it in the theatre (during its 3-week theatrical run) and it's an excellent movie that has been released on an awesome, heavily laden Blu-ray disc.

As for releasing this sans DVD, I don't think there'd be any point in doing so... I'm sure there have been so many discs pressed that it would be somewhat counterproductive (and necessitate Universal coughing up some extra dough for different packaging) to release a Blu-ray only edition.

[quote name='larrythefatcat']I was just about to post about the fact that the slipcover mentions the DVD being included. I also got this the week it came out at BB since they had the 30% off any Blu-ray coupon at that point (also got a good discount off Doctor Who Series 5) and I'm so glad I own it.

I was one of the 5 people who saw it in the theatre (during its 3-week theatrical run) and it's an excellent movie that has been released on an awesome, heavily laden Blu-ray disc.

As for releasing this sans DVD, I don't think there'd be any point in doing so... I'm sure there have been so many discs pressed that it would be somewhat counterproductive (and necessitate Universal coughing up some extra dough for different packaging) to release a Blu-ray only edition.[/QUOTE]

If you look at the case, not the sleeve, it doesn't mention there being a DVD in it anywhere. Not even on the specs. Also, only 3-weeks? Wow. I somehow managed to see it in theaters three times, it was a given I'd get it the week it came out (I used that BB coupon too).

[quote name='Sonic9jct']If you look at the case, not the sleeve, it doesn't mention there being a DVD in it anywhere. Not even on the specs. Also, only 3-weeks? Wow. I somehow managed to see it in theaters three times, it was a given I'd get it the week it came out (I used that BB coupon too).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it didn't last long in the theaters, which is unfortunate, since it is a very good film. This thread inspired me to watch it again the other night.

so it's confirmed that the amazon copy has DVD copy as well?

is the movie worth getting for the extra features alone? i've already seen this movie enough times that i don't really care about watching it again. would buy if extras are worth it however.

[quote name='blindinglights']
pilgrimj.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Mine has this too, but I guess I never noticed it.

Are you guys saying that it doesn't show the "(blu ray logo) + DVD" on the spine? I find it hard to believe that they made a separate version of the cover art after they ditched the slipcover.

scott_pilgrim_blu-ray_cover_art.jpg

(I know that picture is the version w/ the slipcover, but mine shows the B + DVD logo on the spine of the artwork)

I got this a few weeks ago and all the DVD info is only on the slipcover. Without it, it looks like it's just a Blu-ray, even though they never made a non-combo Blu-ray version. They probably removed the slipcovers because the digital copy was supposed to expire 4/30/11.

I picked up the last copy at my local store and they still haven't re-stocked. I was going to grab one for a guy I work with that doesn't have a BB near him. Has anyone else had trouble finding any?

[quote name='Scorch']

Are you guys saying that it doesn't show the "(blu ray logo) + DVD" on the spine? I find it hard to believe that they made a separate version of the cover art after they ditched the slipcover.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's what we're saying. There is no mention of DVD anywhere on the case and it didn't come with a slipcover.

I picked a copy yesterday and there was no slip cover or mention of the DVD on the artwork/spine but when I opened it up, both discs were in there.

This is a pretty good deal. Thanks to whoever posted that it was available at BB B&M for the same price. I also picked up an Enslaved guide for a penny just for the hell of it.

I finally checked my Blu-ray of Scott Pilgrim and, sure enough, it says "Blu-ray + DVD" right on the spine in the exact same place that it happens to be on the slipcover. It also has basic specs for the DVD on the bottom of the back cover... interesting.

0725112044a.jpg

I guess they must have had two different versions of the cover art since the day the movie "street-ed".

Got it today. I thought it had a shiny cover? It makes no mention of the DVD on the spine or front cover but it was in there. Not liking the "Made in Mexico" stamp on the back cover.

Looking forward to seeing the movie again.

bread's done
Back