Screen gets cuts of when switching to 1080i

deathadder

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Guys, I have this problem with my 360 when I switch it to 1080i the right and left sides get cut off. When it is set on 480p, it looks fine. Only when I switch it to 1080i, it get cut off. I cannot change the zoom for my widescreen TV (Toshiba 50H13) and my TV does not support 720p. Does anyone else have the same problem?

It happens to mine as well, but I only notice it on NFS: MW anything else looks fine. When I play TV it does the same thing too. Sometimes the TV ratings show up on the far left and seem to get cutoff. I figured its normal.

[quote name='seanr1221']Same problem here. I think its our tvs, but Im not sure.[/QUOTE]

I have HD Cable and when it is set to 1080i, it does not get cut off. I only notice it when it is set on the Xbox 360. It seems like the image is zoomed in. It seems like the same problem when I first got Halo 2 until Xbox came out with that patch to fix it.

My friend has the same problem as you guys but his tv is a full screen which cuts off the sides on 1080. I had mine on 1080 and i have a widescreen and I had no problems. I noticed the original poster said he had a widescreen tv so Im not exactly sure what the problem is

I could ve OVERSCAN...I notice mine is a bit like that. I have a Mits WS55### model. I know there are "hidden" menus to fix this, but I forgot how to access them...anyone?

It is just overscan. Overscan varies from TV to TV, usually anywhere for 3-8%.

My Sony 4:3 HDtv had extremely bad overscan (around 8%), I was able to fix this by going into the service menu. You can read more about it over at www.avsforum.com

bread's done
Back