screen problem

Martinmz

CAGiversary!
i recently downloaded the half life 2 demo and changed the screen setting and now it flashes black and white. how do i fix this

[quote name='Martinmz']i recently downloaded the half life 2 demo and changed the screen setting and now it flashes black and white. how do i fix this[/QUOTE]

How old are you?

Do you know English?

Are your parents related?

WHAT setting did you change exactly?

hey your video card is not up to date please change it if then the problem remains the same then change your game setting. hope u know how to check your card and setting !

I was playing the half life 2 demo I downloaded of steam. Next I was playing and it was going just fine. I hit escape and saw the option menu. I clicked on it. Next I went over to screen setting I think. There it had options of what screen settings you wanted such as 1024* 1024 those types of settings. I then clicked the biggest one and it now flashes back and forth between black and white.

Taken from this page:

These commands have to be entered in the dialog box of the games shortcut: right click>Properties and in the Target box, after the path ("C:program Files/Valve/Steam/Steam.exe") with a space. They don't work in the console.

-width [pixels] -height [pixels]: Using these two commands you can set a custom resolution in Pixel Width x Pixel Height (e.g. -width 800 -height 600 starts HL2 with 800x600esolution). Make sure you choose a resolution supported by your monitor and with the correct ratio of width to height (usually 4:3).

So basically it should look something like this in the Target box in the shortcut properties:

"C:program Files/Valve/Steam/Steam.exe" -applaunch 440 -width 800 -height 600

The -applaunch 440 (or some other number) should already be there if you made the shortcut from the Steam program. Just add -width 800 -height 600 to the end of it. This should start your game at the lowly 800x600 resolution, which will allow you to get back to the game menu and you can appropriately choose the native resolution of your monitor, nothing higher.

bread's done
Back