Screenprinting in/near Atlanta.

ActionKazimer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
Hey guys, I'm relatively new to the Atlanta area (I'm currently living north of the perimeter) and was wondering if anyone familiar with the area might know of a few venues that handle printmaking and screenprinting.

I'm originally from Pittsburgh and it was real easy to find things like this up there, but I don't even know where to start looking down here.

If anyone's got any ideas, I'd love to hear em! I need to get my hands (and my screen) dirty again real soon.

Cheers,
IK

Do you not know how to use google? Seriously just go to google and search using your thread title; not hard at all...

Thanks for the helpful response. I certainly hadn't thought of that, being someone who uses the internet and all.

I ask here because I know there are plenty of CAGs in the area and google has yielded negative and inaccurate results. If no one has any information, no one has post. Try to get your "net cred" elsewhere, please. No one thinks it's cool.

http://atlantaprintmakersstudio.org/

Unfortunately, there aren't as many workshops/studios down here in the south I don't think. I would also maybe check around at some of the local universities and colleges - sometimes they can be very generous with their space provided you bring your own materials. UGA has a pretty kick ass printmaking program but they are a bit out of the way in Athens. Wesleyan, in Macon ,I know has had a healthy little printmaking program in the past as the incredibly talented Art Werger taught there years ago and developed the program.

I know my printmaking prof from grad school is very fond of the Pittsburgh area as she got her undergrad at CMU. PA in general has a pretty nice printmaking scene. Philagraphika was pretty hot this year from what I hear.

bread's done
Back