Screw Fry's!

nickmad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
I walked into Frys yesterday during lunch and saw the most glorious sign ever. It read, "We have Wiis".
I walked straight to the desk where the sign was located, asked if it was true, then asked for a Wii. The jerk-off salesman tells me in some fucking snotty tone, "They arent on the sales floor!"
I wanted to kick him in the face after that comment. Next, I asked him to please get me one I would like to buy it now. He then rolls his fucking eyes at me and shoves a paper infront of my face. Its was Frys Official Nintendo Wii Bundle sheet. Ohhhh it was my lucky day! For $413 I could walk out the door with the system and 3 shit games. No extra controllers, wires or anything.

fuck Frys and fuck that piece of shit salesman.:bomb:

I want a Nintendo Wii and I dont want to freakin' sit in the cold and camp out like a stupid chud.

Yeah, well, that's not as bad as the 9 game $1200 PS3 bundle they were pushing before Christmas :rofl:.

What 3 games were they bundling the Wii with?

[quote name='nickmad']I want a Nintendo Wii and I dont want to freakin' sit in the cold and camp out like a stupid chud.[/quote]

I totally heard Cartman's voice in my head.

[quote name='io']Yeah, well, that's not as bad as the 9 game $1200 PS3 bundle they were pushing before Christmas :rofl:.

What 3 games were they bundling the Wii with?[/quote]
Super Monkey Ball, Marvel: UA and Zelda.

[quote name='JohnnyDrama']Damn that sucks, I guess Fry's is good for anything else except buying a Nintendo Wii.[/quote]
Im not even sure of that anymore. the Manhattan Beach Frys is so disorganized and dirty. A 30 minute trip to BB takes 75 minutes at Frys. Its crazy.

[quote name='Jedi1979']i wouldnt call those "shit" games...but the forced bundles do blow[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was going to say the same - at least it has Zelda. I mean, it could have been Ant Bully, Rampage, and, uh, Marvel ;).

Zelda is a must have, SMB is OK. Don't really know about Marvel but I wouldn't want it for $50. OP, you said $413? What's the $13 for? Seems too low for tax in CA. Are they just tacking on $13 for the hell of it? If so, that blows too... That bundle should be $399.96 MAX (before tax of course) - I figure it has about $350 of value to it though ($50 for Zelda, $50 combined for SMB and Marvel). So really it is only $50 over - worth it if you've been searching for a Wii and don't want to camp out, though if you've waited this long you can proabably wait another month or two when they are readily available in stores.

[quote name='io']Yeah, I was going to say the same - at least it has Zelda. I mean, it could have been Ant Bully, Rampage, and, uh, Marvel ;).

Zelda is a must have, SMB is OK. Don't really know about Marvel but I wouldn't want it for $50. OP, you said $413? What's the $13 for? Seems too low for tax in CA. Are they just tacking on $13 for the hell of it? If so, that blows too... That bundle should be $399.96 MAX (before tax of course) - I figure it has about $350 of value to it though ($50 for Zelda, $50 combined for SMB and Marvel). So really it is only $50 over - worth it if you've been searching for a Wii and don't want to camp out, though if you've waited this long you can proabably wait another month or two when they are readily available in stores.[/quote]Yeah your best bet is to wait, right now looking for controllers and that stuff is hell. The game selection is well not that great yet either, I mean sure I love my Wii but on the non Virtual Console side it is lacking right now but it is a launch system. Wait a month if you could or just time it right because that bundle is not worth the $413, and stuff might be more avaiable in a month.

Yeah, I know Zelda isnt a "shit game" but in the heat of the moment thats what I called it. I dont play those games, so no point in me owning them. Never played a Zelda, never will.

I thought I could wait this long...but Ive got this terrible itch to get one and I want one. Another month could kill me.

[quote name='luisc']if you dont like any of those three games, then why the fuck do you want a wii?[/quote]Well there are people who hate Zelda, and well SMB and Marvel are not exactly worth $50 in my opinion. Hell I bought my Wii more for the online capabilities (VC, Wii Browser, Wii News and Weather Channels), just as much as for the Wii games. Just because someone does not like 3 bundled games doesn't mean he shouldn't get one. Wii sports is a good game, there is a promising sonic, and ssx game due out in febuary, plus he probably likes a Nintendo franchise. Thats like saying why the hell did I get a 360 if I hate halo, has a sdtv and will never use the arcade, or live for that matter, because there are something that interest me which is probably the same case for him.

[quote name='luisc']if you dont like any of those three games, then why the fuck do you want a wii?[/quote]

Well shit, if those are the only games that will ever come out for the console....why do I even want one? God I'm so stupid.

Anyway, I really like Nintendo and own almost all the Nintendo Systems. No, I'm not a fanboy, I just appreciate quality games and hardware. I have a 360 and I want a "sidekick" system for this gen.

I don't think anyone wanted to say you're stupid or undeserving or anything, but the only other games I could see anyone wanting RIGHT NOW would be Excitetruck, Wii Sports, maybe Elebits or Trauma Center if you're into that kind of thing

I wouldn't say they're shit games though, Marvel would get you an easy $40 on eBay, so would Zelda and even Monkey Ball, , so at most you're looking at a Wii for $280 in a B/M

Not cheap ass, but definitely better than $325 and $30 shipping.

[quote name='nickmad']Never played a Zelda, never will.[/quote]

God bless closed minded people who will shun one of the best video game series to grace the Earth.

[quote name='Magehart']God bless closed minded people who will shun one of the best video game series to grace the Earth.[/quote]

Never played any of them and never will becasue I dont get into adventure games that much. I especially dont have massive amounts of time to invest into a game because of my job. I work in the game industry and its kind of soured me to playing long games. I need quick fixes here and there. I cant sit down like I used to and just zone out for hours.

bread's done
Back