Scribblenauts (DS) $9.79 at Amazon (dead)

[quote name='henry00x']save your $ and get super scribblenauts[/QUOTE]

I agree that Super Scribblenauts is more polished, but its streamlined design also saps most of the fun and creativity from the game's premise. I literally fell asleep playing it on more than one occasion. I say go with the first one, broken controls and all. Way more fun.

[quote name='illennium']I agree that Super Scribblenauts is more polished, but its streamlined design also saps most of the fun and creativity from the game's premise. I literally fell asleep playing it on more than one occasion. I say go with the first one, broken controls and all. Way more fun.[/QUOTE]
It's no fun being creative when only half at best of the stuff you try to do actually works. The controls in that game are god awful. I found myself intentionally being LESS creative because I didn't want to have to fool around with the physics of some new combination screwing everything up.

[quote name='illennium']I agree that Super Scribblenauts is more polished, but its streamlined design also saps most of the fun and creativity from the game's premise. I literally fell asleep playing it on more than one occasion. I say go with the first one, broken controls and all. Way more fun.[/QUOTE]

I agree the puzzles in the first one are so much better than in the second.

The controls are only bad if you're attempting something complex. As long as you enter the game knowing you're not playing a platformer but a finesse puzzle game, once you get a hang of the limitations of the controls this game is a blast.

But get the second one too. It doesn't replace the first but expands on the idea.

Glad I jumped on it this morning before the price went up. It was cheap enough that I can play with it, and if I do upgrade to super scribblenauts, I can always give this one to my niece.

Sucks i was working all day today and did not bother to check my phone for slickdeals. I would have picked it up at that price :(

bread's done
Back