Scribblenauts Unlimited 3DS $19.99 & Wii U $39.99 @ Amazon

You finally post a deal that isn't lockerz related, =P The 3DS price is pretty sweet, I might give it a big thought if I should get it or not. I'm sure we might see $15 or lower though.

i read review somewhere that said the 3ds lack some special feature like customize options, which only the wii-u/pc versions have

The 3DS version lacks the object editor and doesn't have a level editor like Super Scribblenauts did. Also doesn't have the handful Nintendo mascots in the dictionary, that's exclusive to the WiiU.

[quote name='skiizim']You finally post a deal that isn't lockerz related, =P The 3DS price is pretty sweet, I might give it a big thought if I should get it or not. I'm sure we might see $15 or lower though.[/QUOTE]

Yea that isn't the only places for deals. I try to pass the deals on when I find them. I posted this for the people that don't want to wait til a drop.

Looks like the MSRP dropped on the 3DS from $39.99 to $29.99 on Amazon.

[quote name='zohar']Anyone know the difference between the 3DS and Wii-U versions?[/QUOTE]
The WiiU version has some Nintendo nouns from the Mario and Zelda franchises, but you can't apply adjetives to them and they do nothing whatsoever but walk around (and Peach/Zelda may run away from Ganon/Bowser), so the novelty wears off very quickly. It has a girlfriend mode where anyone with a wiimote can control any non-Nintendo related item you create, but again, this really adds nothing.

The only addition really worth mentioning is the item creation tool. I haven't worked with it myself yet but I've downloaded some things from other people, it's actually kinda neat. Certainly not enough to justify the outragous price for Scribblenauts U, and certainly not enough to justify paying $40 for it on WiiU vs $20 or so on PC/3DS, but it's not a useless feature either. I'm pretty impressed with a lot of the Pokemon people have uploaded, if you have the patience to find it on the UGC "shop".

That's about it. I'd stick with the 3DS version at $20, you aren't really missing on any worthwhile content/story/graphics/ect. In fact, even the WiiU version feels very much like a portable title, even in TV mode the entire game is constantly displayed on the Gamepad, the only real difference is whether you want to listen to the music/sound through the Gamepad or the TV.

Scribblenauts right now is overpriced. You can get the PC version of the same game for $10 cheaper. The Steam version also goes on quite frequently so even bigger savings.

I bought the iOS version of Scribblenauts and it was a fun game. Definitely not worth more than $29.99 and I would only buy it at $19.99 or less.

bread's done
Back