Sealed Legend of Mana (PSX): Hold on to it or sell now?

Sirmackerel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
Well, after checking Ebay, a sealed copy of Legend of Mana can fetch anywhere from 20-40... my concern is if I don't get rid of it now, will its value drop in a few years? Or can it only go up/stay the same?

It's factory sealed and in perfect condition. I don't know what criteria it has to meet to be considered "complete" though. :?

[quote name='Sirmackerel']It's factory sealed and in perfect condition. I don't know what criteria it has to meet to be considered "complete" though. :?[/quote]

Well, your game is factory sealed right? If so it's complete. :wink:

Investing in videogames on the hope that they will someday become rare/valuable is not a wise idea. With that being said, I say sell it while you can get $20-40 for it.

Keep it, videogames are a good way to invest, however old RPGs that are already rare will be more difficult to find sealed as time goes on. I'd say that in a couple of years the value will have increased.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Investing in videogames on the hope that they will someday become rare/valuable is not a wise idea. With that being said, I say sell it while you can get $20-40 for it.[/quote]

Agreed, If I buy a game to sell it I generally buy a game that I don't want to play or have no interest in keeping so I get rid of it asap so I'm not stuck with it forever. :p

[quote name='62t']The value might jump a bit if square enix release another mana game.[/quote]

Yes I pray for the day square-enix makes mana and chrono trigger sequal assuming of course they don't mess it up.

That game sucks hardcore. It's pretty, but that's as far as it goes. Hang on to it if you want, but if you think you can turn a profit, go for it.
Seriously, why does everyone have a boner for this game? It's lame. Lame as hell.

keep these games for 20 years and you'll get 200 dollars, woo.

Invest in stocks if you want money, buy games you want to play.

If you collect games, just keep these.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']keep these games for 20 years and you'll get 200 dollars, woo.

Invest in stocks if you want money, buy games you want to play.

If you collect games, just keep these.[/quote]

Well I bought Chrono for $5 during the CC $5 sale so I thought what the hell. Whats it gonna hurt to keep it around for awhile to make some money someday.

I loved Legend of Mana, one of my favorite game of all time. but i agree, its not for everyone, Especially for those looking for linear games or have no patience.

[quote name='omegaweapon7']I loved Legend of Mana, one of my favorite game of all time. but i agree, its not for everyone, Especially for those looking for linear games or have no patience.[/quote]

I had tons of patience in regards tot hat damn thing. In fact, I sat it out for about 3/4 of the way through until I finally got tired of its boring ass tasks and lack of cohesion.

[quote name='waxHead']To keep the debate alive...

Sealed Final Fantasy Tactics (PS 1, non-GH)? Sell now, or keep?[/quote]

Funny you should ask that because i just sold the exact same thing on Ebay a week ago. It sold for $215. Thats alot of money and i would personally sell yours. God bless Square for not rereleasing Final Fantasy Tactics in the original package like they did to Xenogears.

bah, u kno dont keept it for monetary value. It sucks because sometiems when u just really want to play an old game, but u can't get ur hands on it because it's price puts a hurt on your wallet. let it go!

[quote name='Puzznic'][quote name='waxHead']To keep the debate alive...

Sealed Final Fantasy Tactics (PS 1, non-GH)? Sell now, or keep?[/quote]

Funny you should ask that because i just sold the exact same thing on Ebay a week ago. It sold for $215. Thats alot of money and i would personally sell yours. God bless Square for not rereleasing Final Fantasy Tactics in the original package like they did to Xenogears.[/quote]

I just checked eBay for the going rate, and saw that auction. $215 is a crapload of cash for a game, but I keep thinking it can go up a bit more. That's the big toss-up, sell now and reap the profits, or hope for more and possibly get screwed.

bread's done
Back