Seamen have the 4th worst job

They don't factor in the investment it takes to qualify for some of those jobs. Mathematician would rank a lot lower if they factored in the cost of 10 years of higher education vs what they make.

[quote name='javeryh']That's what she said.[/quote]

*rings doorbell*

"Did anyone order a piano tuning?"

Bah humbug to that list. fuck the lumberjacks, us planters have it worse than them. And worse than us are bike couriers. Also, pig-jerker-offers should be in there somewhere.

I got bored with FO3 after a while, still haven't gone back to finish it. Think i left off right when you get to the Brotherhood citadel or whatever.

Sweet. I come in at #82 right behind Telephone Installer/Repairer but right ahead of Bookbinder. In your face Bookbinder!!!!

[quote name='JolietJake']Mike Rowe has done way worse shit than any of that.[/quote]

I forgot to mention Dirty Jobs.

I think geoduck 'picker', while not the worse job I've seen on the show, is worse and more laborious than, say, chauffeur (162) or dairy farmer (199). :whistle2:k

[quote name='Chase']
I think geoduck 'picker', while not the worse job I've seen on the show, is worse and more laborious than dairy farmer (199). :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Now, I'm only going off of Dirty Jobs and secondhand accounts on people who hunt Geoduck but thats no way as bad as a dairy farmer. Thats 12 hours of hard pure back breaking work.

For some reason I read "Seamen" as "Semen" in the title. :lol:

Yeah, I definately think there are some worse, and better, jobs out there.

I think the episode of Dirty Jobs where he was "stimulating" that cow(i think) was the most disgusting thing ever. I'd kill myself if i had to do that every day.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fart_bubble']Now, I'm only going off of Dirty Jobs and secondhand accounts on people who hunt Geoduck but thats no way as bad as a dairy farmer. Thats 12 hours of hard pure back breaking work.[/quote]

Interesting. I'll have to look more into it/re-watch the episode where Mike works at a dairy farm. :whistle2:k

[quote name='JolietJake']I think the episode of Dirty Jobs where he was "stimulating" that cow(i think) was the most disgusting thing ever. I'd kill myself if i had to do that every day.[/quote]

I think the job where he castrates sheep with his teeth takes the cake on that one.

Don't watch if you're squeamish :
:whistle2:&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD3IXGyHt9c

127 sounds about right. Teaching is a high-maintenance job. It's like the song that never ends (it just goes on and on again).

My mom is friends with dairy farmers, great people, but hard work. The place is impossible to keep clean, cows shit like 100 pounds a day, long hours and no real pay.

I however get great crap for free, for my garden, so it's a win to me. :)

Just from anecdotal evidence I would've said programmers / software engineers have the 'best' job... every programmer I meet is energetic, happy, lots of free time, decent pay... most of them work for Microsoft (they employ something like 35k people in and around Seattle), working where ever and when ever they want.

hahaha

Geologist

i read yeah you guessed it gynacologist

tired or perverted not sure which....

where is ice cream man?! I dont even make the list...

185. Nuclear Decontamination Technician I would much rather cut down trees than do that

I'm 18, or 6... Depending on what I'm doing which day. If I'm both, does that make me 24? Or should I just call myself 5, cause that's what I used to do? (The pay/job is not better - at least not for that company)

I'm number #11, but that doesn't help when you can't find a job. I'm going to be #?, because I'm going to Air Force Officer training soon (I hope. Way to drag your feet, government).

[quote name='darthbudge']For some reason I read "Seamen" as "Semen" in the title. :lol:

Yeah, I definately think there are some worse, and better, jobs out there.[/quote]

That's the joke I was trying to make originally. At least I got 1 person with it.:)

That is one of the most asinine lists. The fact that Mathematician is #1 should show you their findings are "slightly" skewed. It's good they like their job, but I actually used to be a lumberjack and I thought it was awesome. I was outside, it was great exercise and you get paid very well to CUT SHIT UP WITH A 4' CHAINSAW! Winter could be a bitch, but thems the breaks.

I think it should be retitled as "A Mathematician's preferred list of jobs based on personal preferences."

bread's done
Back