Search function just gives me an error?

Skexis

CAGiversary!
So I can't seem to get the search function to work. Every time I try, I either get this:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 83 bytes) in /usr/home/cheapas/public_html/forums/includes/functions.php on line 63

Or a Buffer Overflow error (I think-- can't seem to replicate it).

I wish I knew if this had been posted before, but, you know, search function isn't working for me. :)

[quote name='Skexis']So I can't seem to get the search function to work. Every time I try, I either get this:

Or a Buffer Overflow error (I think-- can't seem to replicate it).

I wish I knew if this had been posted before, but, you know, search function isn't working for me. :)[/quote]

I get the same thing.

90% of the time the search page doesnt work for me. Only time I can get it to work is if I search for one word. And even then it never really finds what I was looking for.

I've also been getting errors for a long time now. Errors such as...
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /usr/home/cheapas/public_html/forums/search.php on line 1057

I think it has something to do with the length and complexity of the string(s). When I search for "memory card" ps2 I get an error. memory card ps2 also yields an error, as does the shorter but coupled "memory card". The only thing that works is the short, inexact memory card, which isn't much help.

Yeah, the search function really needs some help. I often just resort to Google searching CAG rather than the internal search, which is hardly ideal.

bread's done
Back