Sears B&M deals - PS1 official mem card $1.97 & $5 off all GBA games

abilyk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
The topic says it all. I was in Sears today (in Springfield, MO) and saw a cheap clearance item. Sony brand PS1 memory cards (grey) were pink-stickered at $1.97.

Also, it appears that all GBA games are $5 off. Astro Boy was $15 and I picked up Classic Super Mario Bros. for $5.

It's possible these are YMMV, but recent pink-sticker deals at Sears seemed to be nationwide, so hopefully this will work for everybody (assuming your Sears has these in stock).

EDIT: edited the post above to reflect the fact that Astro Boy isn't actually on clearance, but is cheaper due to the $5-off GBA game deal. Thanks to Samurai T for pointing it out.

I was out at Sears today and they have every GBA game on sale. All of their NES classic games were on sale for $4.97. They had some DS games on sale too. My Sears had a PS1 memory card a week ago, but I didn't see it earlier today.

Checked my local sears today:
Gran Turismo 2 (PS) - $7.99
Life Line (PS2) - $11.99
- Requires headset to play

I bought both, but I need to find something like Socom that comes with the headset so that I can play life line (yes, I knew when I bought it).

Kingdom Under Fire is still $9.97 at Sears locations.

How come every Sears I got to has 20-30 copies of the GBA game for Elf the Movie? I never see it at any other stores but Sears has a ton of them. Not sure if that game is clearanced, just thought I'd ask the question because it had been bugging me :)

is it ALL classic Gba games 4.99 or just first set. Meaning is the 2nd Zelda 4.99

Man i got more stops tomorrow now

1. campus to print out the Mcdonald 5 buck off coupon
2. best buy to check out the game stock
3. blockbuster to get my free rental
4. sears
5. toys r us

Man 5 stops and i was hoping 1 or 2

I went back to Sears and grabbed Super Mario Bros. for $5, w00t. OP is updated, as it seems that Astro Boy wasn't actually on clearance, just cheaper cause of the sale. Was this even advertised anywhere? There was no signage and the clerk knew nothing about it.

Slidecage, I saw Zelda 2 stickered at $9.99, so it should ring up for $5 after the discount.

[quote name='slidecage']is it ALL classic Gba games 4.99 or just first set. Meaning is the 2nd Zelda 4.99

Man i got more stops tomorrow now

1. campus to print out the Mcdonald 5 buck off coupon
2. best buy to check out the game stock
3. blockbuster to get my free rental
4. sears
5. toys r us

Man 5 stops and i was hoping 1 or 2[/QUOTE]I can't remember if I saw the 2nd Zelda, since I didn't look carefully (I should have, because I need the game, since my NES version doesn't work). I did see games like Dr. Mario, Castlevania, Legend of Zleda, etc. for that price, so it must mean both old and new.

I was at Toy's R Us also today, some of the green tag stuff I considered, was gone.

Grabbed classic Castlevania this afternoon. Good deal, none of the other classics really interest me, though Zelda II was tempting (still a poor excuse for a Zelda game)

[quote name='Josef']Kingdom Under Fire is still $9.97 at Sears locations.

How come every Sears I got to has 20-30 copies of the GBA game for Elf the Movie? I never see it at any other stores but Sears has a ton of them. Not sure if that game is clearanced, just thought I'd ask the question because it had been bugging me :)[/QUOTE]

Haha, I always wonder the same thing when I walk into sears. I looked at the box for the game the last time I was in there because I've never seen it anywhere else.

[quote name='thegamer4787']Haha, I always wonder the same thing when I walk into sears. I looked at the box for the game the last time I was in there because I've never seen it anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

And wasn't that game released a year after the movie came out too? Very weird timing.

went today at sears in the mall for those in fort wayne they had

Castlevania
Zelda 1
Zelda 2 (got one woo)
Dr Mario
Metroid
super mario bros.

i think that is all they had in for 4.99 all the ps1 cards are long gone (sold out months ago at 3.98)

i was thinking metroid but passed

[quote name='slidecage']went today at sears in the mall for those in fort wayne they had

Castlevania
Zelda 1
Zelda 2 (got one woo)
Dr Mario
Metroid
super mario bros.

i think that is all they had in for 4.99 all the ps1 cards are long gone (sold out months ago at 3.98)

i was thinking metroid but passed[/QUOTE]

I was there a few days ago. I thought I saw atlest one memory card. I guess I don't have to go that way tomorrow.

[quote name='erehwon']I was there a few days ago. I thought I saw atlest one memory card. I guess I don't have to go that way tomorrow.[/QUOTE]Yup, that memory card was there a few days ago, and I was hoping to get it (My PSOne has 8 cards, all full).

I might go back to get Zelda II or Astro Boy for GBA, but I'm kind of low on cash right now.:)

Thanks OP for the info. I stopped by today and picked up 3 of the $4.99 Classic NES Series. If I hadn't been low in the fundage on hand dept., I would have picked up 2-3 more of the Classic Series, might go back tonight or tom. to pick them up.

Also similar to what was already posted, the clerk at the store here in Orlando was quite surprised when they rang up at $4.99 since they were all marked as $14.99

This particular store has a ton ELF games too.

My thanks to the OP as well. I picked up the original LOZ and Dr. Mario. I'm tempted to grab a few of the other classic NES titles, but it would be more for collection purposes rather then a true desire to play them.

I stopped by my local Sears today and was unimpressed by their selection. While $5 for the NES classics is a good price, I have a NES and all those games for it already, so I don't need them in portable form. All the other games, I could have gotten for the same price with a GGC at Best Buy.

Thanks so much for the heads-up on this. I picked up Zelda 1 & 2, Castlevania, and Metroid (which is all I saw at that location. I'm a very happy camper!

I know that there are at least some CAGs in the Metro Detroit area, so here's hoping that someone can get some use out of this.

The Lakeside Mall Sears did have the games on sale, and at last check, they had copies of Metroid, Castlevania, Donkey Kong, and Zelda II. All four were marked at $5.

All I know is that I got my copy of Zelda I (the last one!), so I'm happy. :)

OP, thanks much. Was in the mall last night waiting for my fiancee to buy clothes and remembered reading abot this deal. Dashed over to Sears and got Zelda 1 & 2 and Donkey Kong.

Anyone in the Cleveland area, the Southpark Mall in Strongsville still has most of the NES Classic line in stock (all of the above mentioned for sure.)

I want to pick up Astro Boy since my one Sears is almost the only one left with the game. I don't think I will be able to price match this though, since all the price matching stores are OOS.

Does K-Mart's policy price match?

My Sears also has a ton of those Elf games... Did they accidently add an extra 0 to their order?

if someone can pick up some memory cards i will pay 10 shipped for 3 or 4 which will cover the cost plus some money for gas and shipping!

Mario Bros and DK are good for Pricegrabber, which makes them basically free. Yay!

Warioware Twisted for $20 after Pricegrabber sounds good, too.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Mario Bros and DK are good for Pricegrabber, which makes them basically free. Yay!

Warioware Twisted for $20 after Pricegrabber sounds good, too.[/QUOTE]

Obsessed. :p

[quote name='Roufuss']Obsessed. :p[/QUOTE]
With being cheap and saving every dime I can, yes. :mrgreen:

Hey, $5 can buy as many 3 or 4 PS1 games from EBGames.com, so every little bit counts. :)

I got 5 ps1 memory cards (it was my dad's idea to get em all, not mine). The Classic GBA games were all marked $14.99 or higher.

[quote name='The VGM']I got 5 ps1 memory cards (it was my dad's idea to get em all, not mine). The Classic GBA games were all marked $14.99 or higher.[/QUOTE]

5 memcard?! lucky bastard :) my sears didn't have any

Thanks OP

I picked up Super Mario Brothers & Donkey Kong

My Sears was on the ball and had the price on some of these games :)

Biggest surprise was that they only had 3 copies of Elf at my Sears :(

[quote name='The VGM']I got 5 ps1 memory cards (it was my dad's idea to get em all, not mine). The Classic GBA games were all marked $14.99 or higher.[/QUOTE]

Have them scanned - they were marked $15 at my Sears as well, but a price check revealed the $5 gem :D

If anyone has access to Excitebike, Donkey Kong, and Pac Man at their local store, I need these 3 to complete my Classic NES GBA collection. Please PM me if they are available, if you would be able to get them today or tomorrow, and what you would ask for the favor. Thanks!

[quote name='FOnewearl']Thanks OP

I picked up Super Mario Brothers & Donkey Kong

My Sears was on the ball and had the price on some of these games :)

Biggest surprise was that they only had 3 copies of Elf at my Sears :([/QUOTE]
They only had three?

It's an Oprah Noodlemantra!

(I was going to say miracle, but I accidentally pasted that in instead. It fits, though. :D)

I believe today is the last day of the $5 off sale. I wasn't able to find a copy of Dr. Mario for $5 - the one game I really wanted to get from this sale.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']They only had three?

It's an Oprah Noodlemantra!

(I was going to say miracle, but I accidentally pasted that in instead. It fits, though. :D)[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not they actually have more copies of Astroboy (about 6) for GBA then Elf at this store :shock:

I don't think they have sold a single copy of AstroBoy at this store :whistle2:s

[quote name='Josef']I believe today is the last day of the $5 off sale. I wasn't able to find a copy of Dr. Mario for $5 - the one game I really wanted to get from this sale.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure today is the last day of the sale, too. My Sears didn't have any Dr. Mario, but I did pick up one extra, each, of Zelda 1, Zelda 2, and Castlevania in case any CAGs needed them. PM me if so. I've also got 2 of the memory cards up for grabs.

everyone who missed out on the memory cards Eb has them for 2.99 used (cheaper if you got edge card) i picked up 2 thursday and both worked perfect

bread's done
Back