Sears B2G1 on Platinum Hit Titles 6/14-6/20

[quote name='BloodGodAlucard']They have a deal this week where you can buy any 2 Platinum Hits games for the 360 and get 1 free. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Maybe something about that could go in the thread title.

Sorry about that. I'm new here. This is actually my first thread. Anyway, what do you think of the deal? Anything you plan on getting?

[quote name='BloodGodAlucard']Sorry about that. I'm new here. This is actually my first thread. Anyway, what do you think of the deal? Anything you plan on getting?[/QUOTE]

Welcome! I would suggest editing your thread title to reflect the B2G1 in Platinum Hits titles.

[quote name='BloodGodAlucard']Thanks. How do I change the title? Like I said, I'm new here and haven't quite figured the whole site out yet.[/QUOTE]
Go to your first post on the thread and press the Edit button. Then click "Advanced." Then you can edit your title from there.

As a side note, get as specific as possible in your thread titles. That way, those that are interested will check out your deal and reply.

Wow, don't worry most people on this site aren't evil gamers looking to thrash noobs. I for one am happy to learn that something at Sears is even worth posting about.

Doh, the Sears near me is closed already. I'll have to check tomorrow to see what they have. Thanks OP!

This comes out to about $14 each for the 3 games (with my state's tax). Not a deal I'd bit on, but a deal just the same. Thanks for posting OP.

[quote name='Gertle627']This comes out to about $14 each for the 3 games (with my state's tax). Not a deal I'd bit on, but a deal just the same. Thanks for posting OP.[/QUOTE]
Most sears games are cheaper than retail...

Isn't this already happening at Wal-Mart.com?

Off topic: My Sears does not really have cheaper than retail prices on games.
1600 MSP was $25. -_-

[quote name='sang321']Isn't this already happening at Wal-Mart.com?
[/QUOTE]

Yes, but there isn't much left. I think the only choices are Army of 2, Viva Pinata, Fight Night, and Burnout.

Also, this isn't available online, which sucks.

[quote name='sang321']Isn't this already happening at Wal-Mart.com?

Off topic: My Sears does not really have cheaper than retail prices on games.
1600 MSP was $25. -_-[/QUOTE]

This is happening at walmart.
However, from what I've seen it's online only, AND there are only 6 titles still available online.

I have a $20 gift card, so I will be getting 3 games for 20 bucks.

That is, if I decide to go. What platinum hits are there?

That list isn't complete though, is it? Because I saw a copy of Mass Effect the other day in a Platinum Hits box? Not to mention that it is listed in the ad. I wonder how many other games they left off the website.

Nope the list isn't complete nor are the prices. Lost Planet for example is MSRP of $19.99 now as is Saints Row, amongst other games.

Yeah. It's strange that Wikipedia is actually a more reliable source of information than one of Microsoft's own websites. They really should update their site more often.

[quote name='Gertle627']This comes out to about $14 each for the 3 games (with my state's tax). Not a deal I'd bit on, but a deal just the same. Thanks for posting OP.[/QUOTE]
I should mention that I calculated this at a price of $19.99 each. I didn't even realize that some PH games were $29.

And about Sears games being cheaper than retail - not around here, or several other places, from reading the Sears clearance thread. And besides that, I didnt think Platinum Hits games ever got clearanced / further reduced.

[quote name='BloodGodAlucard']Yeah. It's strange that Wikipedia is actually a more reliable source of information than one of Microsoft's own websites. They really should update their site more often.[/QUOTE]

Of course the one time I try and make a good contributing post, Microsoft has to crap on my parade. Damn you Microsoft.....damn you all to hell!!!

Warning on the Sears deal, I went today and wanted to pick up fight night round 3, mass effect and saint row 1(because its a greatest hits title), Well the deal wasn't even loaded into their system. and Mass effect was ringing up as 39.99 (game is listed as 19.99 in ad). The sales people were so fucking stupid and didn't have an ad with them or a fucking clue about what was going on. There's a reason why I never go into Sears.

I had to get the ad from the front of the store when you walk in and show them that it stated buy ANY 2 platinum hit games get one free. They had to call the manager which was fine with me, because I thought the manager would come over there and fix everything. Well the manager never came, and the sales people were still trying to ring up the games and didn't understand why it wasn't working, they also wouldn't give me Saint row because it wasn't pictured. I ended up buying Forza 2 which I really didn't want because I hate racing sims. but this one is ok so far. Mass effect still rang up for 39.99 and the sales person had to find someone that could do a price adjustment and zero out the game. They kept looking at the ad and the games to make sure that they were the same ones. and matching the pictures. I was thinking they must be fucking blind. The whole thing should have taken 5 mins., but ended up being like 20 mins.
ugh2.gif

That's why I just went and ad matched it at Best Buy. They have a much better selection and helpful customer service people that are very familiar with me, since I buy so much stuff there all the time. Overall, I think it took me about 10 min. just because they had to get a manager to type in the code, allowing the deal. I'd suggest you try Best Buy or maybe Wal-Mart. Good Luck.

Has anyone made use of this deal yet? I got Oblivion, Mass Effect, and Rainbow Six Vegas 2. Awesome deal. Interesting sidenote: They didn't have any of the original Oblivion games left, so I got the game of the year editon! That makes it an even better deal since I can now save on not having to buy the DLC. What did you guys get?

bread's done
Back