SEARS BLACK FRIDAY 2008 deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Didn't see anything that jumped out at me but it dose list the new limited edition DS's as being Mario bundles.
Video Games

Buy Any XBox 360 System And Get A Free XBox 360 Wireless Controller - $0.00
Guitar Hero On Tour Decades Bundle For Nintendo DS - $49.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar Bundle For PS2 - $89.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar Bundle For XBox 360, PS3, or Wii - $99.99
Gutar Hero III For Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii - $54.99 *
Nintendo DS - $129.99
Nintendo DS Car Adapter - $9.99
Nintendo DS Figure Skater - $9.99
Nintendo DS Folio - $9.99
Nintendo DS Kirby Super Star - $29.99
Nintendo DS Mario Party - $29.99
Nintendo DS Master Chef - $9.99
Nintendo DS New Super Mario - $34.99
Nintendo DS Pen Stylus w/Protector - $9.99
Nintendo DS Petz Hamsterz 2 - $9.99
Nintendo DS Pokemon Ranger - $29.99
Nintendo DS System Glove - $9.99
Nintendo DS Traveler NDS 125 Bag - $9.99
Nintendo DS Traveler NDS 300 Case - $9.99
Nintendo DS Traveler NDS 700 Case - $9.99
Nintendo DS Traveler NDS 801 Case - $9.99
Nintendo Wii All Star Cheer - $29.99
Nintendo Wii Animal Crossing - $49.99
Nintendo Wii Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader - $19.99
Nintendo Wii Music - $49.99
Nintendo Wii Play w/Remote - $49.99
Nintendo Wii Rayman Raving Rabbids - $49.99
Nintendo Wii SpongeBob SquarePants Globs Doom - $29.99
Playstation 3 80GB Console - $399.99
Playstation 3 Blu-Ray Remote - $24.99
Playstation 3 Component AV Cables - $19.99
Playstation 3 DualShock3 Controller - $54.99
Playstation 3 Fallout 3 - $59.99
Playstation 3 Little Big Planet - $59.99
Playstation 3 Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe - $59.99
Playstation 3 Resistance 2 - $59.99
Special Edition Mario Red or Ice Blue DS - $149.99 *
Value Video Games - 20% Off *
XBox 360 Call of Duty: World at War - $59.99
XBox 360 Fable 2 - $59.99
XBox 360 Gears of War - $59.99
XBox 360 Pro 60GB Holiday Bundle - $299.99
XBox 360 Wireless Controller - $49.99
XBox 360 Wireless Network Adapter - $99.99
XBox 360 WWE 2009 - $59.99

Does that GH:WT bundle include everything? That would be a steal. And I assume the GHIII is a bundle as well since $54.99 is over retail for the game alone (at least for Wii).

Mmmm.

I'm in the market for a 360, so I might bite on the free wireless controller deal.

But I'm definitely going to wait and see what the competition offers.

But anyway, thanks very much for posting this for us; I appreciate it.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']Doesn't smell like a deal to me when all the good stuff is at full MSRB.[/QUOTE]

What the hell is MSRB?

Oh, MSRP.

...where's the deals??!?!

I WANT SOME DEALS SEARS!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='MorPhiend']Does that GH:WT bundle include everything? That would be a steal. And I assume the GHIII is a bundle as well since $54.99 is over retail for the game alone (at least for Wii).[/quote]
Note that it says "Guitar Bundle"... only guitar.

Ice DS Lite? God damnit, they would bring it here after the DSi announcement... I had been holding out for this damn color in the states, because it was too much to import... like hell I'm getting another Lite now though... even though the DSi is pretty shitty.

Mario DS is a bright red DS with a white circle that has an M in it on the outer cover. Ads are scanned (Sears) on Slick Deals. Mario DS comes with NSMB. It looks frickin' sweet!

Edit: After seeing the entire ad scan, Sears selection of tools for BF is terrible. Every single tool they offer has been the same price (or cheaper) during the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
big suprise. Sears doesn't really sell video games that much.

Those are some horrible deals though if it is real. The only notable deal to me is the free controller, which CC did last year..

[quote name='prateeko']Mario DS is a bright red DS with a white circle that has an M in it on the outer cover. Ads are scanned (Sears) on Slick Deals. Mario DS comes with NSMB. It looks frickin' sweet![/quote]

Thanks! Might have to pick that one up.

that looks really nice, i probably would've upgraded had the DSi not been announced

edit: holy shit, 46" 1080p Sharp TV for $899

looks like I might get a GPS this year too

edit 2: Hey, you forget to post the best video game deal from Sears!

Petz Hamsters 2 - 9.99

If all retailers have garbage BF ads like this, it's going to be a terrible holiday season for sales.

[quote name='no_exit']If all retailers have garbage BF ads like this, it's going to be a terrible holiday season for sales.[/quote]

indeed.... I was hoping for the best BF ever.. people to buy up... save the economy.. but no.

I really do hope this is just the worst.

the M DS is nice though!

[quote name='xycury']indeed.... I was hoping for the best BF ever.. people to buy up... save the economy.. but no.

I really do hope this is just the worst.

the M DS is nice though![/quote]

Did Sears have a good Black Friday ad last year?

I'm sure the Big Guns like Best Buy and Circuit City will blow us away with their ads

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Ice DS Lite? God damnit, they would bring it here after the DSi announcement... I had been holding out for this damn color in the states, because it was too much to import... like hell I'm getting another Lite now though... even though the DSi is pretty shitty.[/quote]

Those are the regular DS's, not DS lites.

My local Sears doesn't even carry games anymore. And we have TWO Gamestops in our mall. It's not a big mall. There is no need for two Gamestops. We're just absurd like that.

[quote name='Scorch']What the hell is MSRB?

Oh, MSRP.[/quote]

From the looks of it, "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail BlackFridaySearsPrice"

New Super Mario Bros. for $34.99 on BF, >2 years after release = maximum BF failure.
They don't even get the point of it anymore...

The ice blue DSlite is very cool for the ladies. Unintentional pun intended.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']My local Sears doesn't even carry games anymore. And we have TWO Gamestops in our mall. It's not a big mall. There is no need for two Gamestops. We're just absurd like that.[/quote]
Most likely, there was an EB and Gamestop in your mall before the merger, both were profitable, so they left both open.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']My local Sears doesn't even carry games anymore. And we have TWO Gamestops in our mall. It's not a big mall. There is no need for two Gamestops. We're just absurd like that.[/quote]

My mall has three Gamestops, and it isn't that big either. Two of them are three stores away from each other, and the third is on the other side of the mall, which is only about a 3-4 minute walk away.

OT: I don't remember Sears ever being good for games. I've never been there on a black friday, and theres nothing there now to entice me. Unless EVERYONE drops the ball on HDTVs (what I'm really after), I'll be going elsewhere this year.

[quote name='OtherAdam']Black Friday sales were pretty terrible last year if anyone remembers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the only thing I was really excited about was the HD-DVD players for $99 that Walmart had weeks earlier. BF itself was pretty much a non-event in my book. (Not saying there weren't SOME deals but they were few and far between)

Retailers have a delicate balance this year-- they need to make money too, and if people come in just for the loss leaders and buy nothing else, they're in trouble. But if they don't get people to come in they're in trouble too...

I almost shitted myself when it said the GHWT bundle was $99.99, then read that it was only the guitar bundle, which has $99.99 msrp.

Lame deals, but thanks OP.

Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar Bundle For XBox 360, PS3, or Wii - $99.99

The GHWT bundles seems VERY out of place compared to the other "deals" where did this come from? I'd love it to be real and i'd be all over the bundle if it's real.

EDIT: haha just read the replies above.....It got me as well damn guitar bundle. Screw you Sears now back to my normal schedule of not shopping at your garbage store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back