Sears Black Friday Toshiba A3 HD Player $169.99

icarwngs55

CAGiversary!
Just as the title says Sears will have the Toshiba A3 HD Player for $169.99 from 5am-Noon ONLY

Here are 2 questions I am throwing out there...

I understand you can send in the 5 rebate HD DVDs regardless of where you buy the player

Question 1:
Will the Sears Players have the 2 pack-in HD DVDs (Bourne Identity and 300)?

Question 2:
Will Sears match the Pick 3 HD DVDs of your choice Best Buy is running as seen in the link below?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat135100050035

Just a thought...since both those deals are not exclusive to Black Friday will they match?

Mike

Sears will not match the 3 free movies deal from Best Buy. IMO, your best bet would be to take the Sears ad to Best Buy on friday and get them to price match the price of the A3 and then hope the cashier doesn't notice or just doesn't care that the computer will still give you 3 HD titles for free when the "package prices" apply.

[quote name='BillyBob29']Sears will not match the 3 free movies deal from Best Buy. IMO, your best bet would be to take the Sears ad to Best Buy on friday and get them to price match the price of the A3 and then hope the cashier doesn't notice or just doesn't care that the computer will still give you 3 HD titles for free when the "package prices" apply.[/QUOTE]

Slightly OT: is the BB 10 movie deal still in the system at B&Ms? I know they didn't take the page down but if I go to BB today, pull 3 HD DVDs, will they ring out as 0 or would I have to go to CS to get the deal matched with their webpage?

[quote name='bob330i']Slightly OT: is the BB 10 movie deal still in the system at B&Ms? I know they didn't take the page down but if I go to BB today, pull 3 HD DVDs, will they ring out as 0 or would I have to go to CS to get the deal matched with their webpage?[/QUOTE]

Do you mean 5 from the mail in rebate + Bourne Identity and 300 boxed with the player + 3 extra that ring up free?

If so then yes it still works in the store, as far as I know.

Correct. FYI I went to two BBs and got shot down at both trying to PM Amazon. Just thought to try (it is a longshot out here in CA) because there was one guy (not in CA though) that got BB to PM the Amazon deal.

Why wouldn't you just have them price match Circuit City, since they're running it for $199 this week?

Just a thought.

Back to the original topic...

[quote name='psunami']Back to the original topic...[/QUOTE]

Nothing's going on here anyways.....:booty:

CC is my next stop on my way home.

[quote name='bob330i']Nothing's going on here anyways.....:booty:

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.

I stopped by Best Buy tonight showed them the link on the website and they wouldn't honor the 3 free movies with an A3 anymore.

Also, the system wasn't ringing the movies out for free.

[quote name='psunami']Fair enough.

I stopped by Best Buy tonight showed them the link on the website and they wouldn't honor the 3 free movies with an A3 anymore.

Also, the system wasn't ringing the movies out for free.[/QUOTE]

Yep, went to my closest BB, wasted 1 hour of my time and they refused because they saw something that implied on line only. :censored:

So I went to CC and they wouldn't do any PM either so I just used the $40 off $199 and settled for the 7 movies and player for $173.xx after taxes. I don't have my HDTV yet so I'll hang on to the receipt if something else comes along better between now and Christmas.

[quote name='bob330i']Yep, went to my closest BB, wasted 1 hour of my time and they refused because they saw something that implied on line only. :censored:

So I went to CC and they wouldn't do any PM either so I just used the $40 off $199 and settled for the 7 movies and player for $173.xx after taxes. I don't have my HDTV yet so I'll hang on to the receipt if something else comes along better between now and Christmas.[/quote]

Huh. Weird. I've never had a problem with CC pricematching, even on BF. Of course, when there's deals involved (get xxx free with purchase of xxx), most stores wont PM, because their inventory isn't adjusted for such wacked out deals.

Yeah, I saw that someone else was able to do the BB webpage PM but CC said they didn't PM online deals. They handed me a brochure and it's the same policy that BB has, no online PMing unless it's their own site.

bread's done
Back