Sears Clearance Thread Summer 06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

[quote name='PigeonSt']Almost all of the games in Novi, MI have been marked up to 9.99 or 14.99 with a generic red sticker. There are a few random clearances left though...[/quote]

This is true of most Sears stores. If they happen to have anything left it's likely to be $10 or less by now. Everything else is out of the system and will likely ring up as: Video Game, and is stickered $10 or $15, just like the games at Kmart that went out of the system.

Since the previous "weird Sears clearance thread" is a bit outdated and a bit difficult to read, I decided to go ahead and make a new clearance thread to follow in the same format as the infamous Target clearance threads.

From the previous thread: http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76977
[quote name='Snake2715']
Here's a compiled list of everybody's finds so far in the thread. The price following the game title are the different reported prices.

All prices and availability is YMMV, and a lot of it seems to depend on the cashier. A lot of these games aren't in the system, and in many cases they won't sell them to you. Two options here:

A)If a game isn't in the computer when scanned, the cashier can try typing in the Stock number that is on the sticker for the game on the shelf.

B)Some people have had success bringing up another known priced game and getting both for that price.

* Also to note prices are rounded UP!!
[/quote]
* I just want to say how much dick the posters on fat wallet enjoy sucking, for we all know this will undoubtedly get reposted over there word-for-word, with no credit to the CAG community

** All games listed below are games that I have seen, or have seen posted recently in the previous thread, I will continue to update the list as required.

*** Please attempt to post all additions as follows:

Game - System - Price
ex: Conker - Xbox - $5

**** Prices are obviously YMMV, I have listed the lowest known price, however prices may be double or half the listed price, depending on your luck.

***** My current theory is that the games marked with a "Jun" clearance sticker are actually now 1/2 price at most stores, "Jul" clearance games may drop again in September, while the "Aug" clearance games are naturally up to date.

******Prices seem to be dropping again as we near September, the actual price in some cases my now be 40% less than the listed price.

AUGUST 2006

:gc: GC

$2
F-Zero GX

$3
Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets
James Bond: Agent Under Fire
Zelda: 4 Swords

$5
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Goldeneye Rogue Agent
Kirby's Air Ride
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Metroid Prime
Nintendo Bongos w/o game
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus

$8
Metroid Prime 2
Pikmin 2
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
WWE: Day of Reckoning 2

$9
Donkey Konga 2: w/o bongos

$10
Custom Robo
Donkey Konga Jungle Beat: w/o bongos
Frogger: Ancient Shadows *Not a clearance title*
Harry Potter: Azkaban
Harry Potter: Sorcerer's Stone
LOTR: The 3rd Age
Mario Tennis
Tiger Woods 2005

$12
Mario Party 5
Mario Party 6

$15
Baten Kaitos
Battalion Wars
Donkey Konga w/Bongos
Donkey Konga 2 w/Bongos
Geist

:gba: GBA

$2
Castlevania Classic
Metroid Classic

$5
Elf
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
Mario Pinball

$7
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

$8
Mario Vs Donkey Kong

$10
Astroboy
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
WarioWare Twisted

$15
-

$18
Super Mario Advance 4

:ds: DS

$5
Feel the Magic
Pac-Pix
Ridge Racer
The Urbz

$7
Pokemon Dash
Meteos

$8
Advance Wars

$10
Metroid Pinball
Pac n Roll
Seaworld: Shamu

$15
Trace Memory

:ps2: PS2

$3
Ace Combat 4
SSX Tricky

$5
Astro Boy
Batman Begins
Destroy All Humans
Gran Turismo 3
ICO
Karoake Revolution 2
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Namco Museum
Prince of Persia 2: Warrior Within
Rachet and Clank
Rainbow Six 3
Sonic Heroes
Soul Calibur 2
Suffering Ties that Bind
Taiko Drum Master
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus
War of the Monsters

$7
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact
Spiderman 2
Tekken Tag Tournament

$10
Alias
Call of Duty 2
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Dragon Quest VIII YMMV!!!
Eye Toy Groove
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
LOTR: The 3rd Age
Killzone
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Samurai Jack
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Sly Cooper
Spartan: Total Warrior
X-Men Legends 2
World Tour Soccer (2005)
Yu Yu Hakusho: DT

$12
Baldur's Gate DA2
Star Ocean: Til the End of Time

$15
Eye Toy Secret Agent
Genji
Samurai Warriors

$20
Midnight Club Racing 3

$30
FFXI w/HD

:psp: PSP

$7
Gretzky (2005)
MVP Baseball
SSX On Tour
THUG 2 Remix

$10
Death Jr
Frantix
Hustle
Namco Museum Battle Collection
Ridge Racer
Untold Legends: BotB

$12
Tiger Woods 06

$15
Ghost in the Shell
LOTR: Tactics
THUG 2: Remix
Wayne Gretzky's Hockey

:xbox: XBOX

$1
Catwoman

$3
007: Agent Under Fire
Amped 2
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
R Racing
Yourself Fitness

$5
Batman Begins
Charlie and the Chocolate
Conker
Crimson Skies
Destroy All Humans
Doom 3
Fable
Fight Night 2004
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Half-Life 2
Medal of Honor: European Assault
NBA Ballers
Pac-Man World 2
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Rainbow Six 3
Rainbow Six: Lockdown
Sonic Collection
Sonic Heroes
The Suffering: Ties That Bind

$6
America's Army
X-Box Live Starter Kit

$7
America's Army
Burnout: Revenge
NHL 2006
Ninja Gaiden: Black
The Warriors

$8
Top Spin

$10
007: From Russia with Love
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Forza Motorsport
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
Jade Empire
KOTOR 2 (YMMV)
Mechassault 2
Midway 3
Spartan: Total Warrior
Test Drive: Eve of Destruction
The Urbs
Top Spin
X-Box Live 12 Months & Crimson Skies

***UPDATED THROUGH PAGE 6***

Eye Toy Antigrav - $10.97 (not a deal since it's $8.96 at CC and $9.98 at TRU but it will probably drop more)
Virtua Tennis PSP is still holding at $9.97 for all these months

I got:
Trace Memory $5.97
Wario Ware Twisted $5.97
Metroid Prime Pinball $7.97
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones $4.97

Also saw Polarium for $5.97 & Top Spin tennis, Amped 2 for Xbox $2.97

Does anyone know what the black eyetoy in the box costs, its marked 29.99 but is it really priced lower in the system?? I think its just the eyetoy...

I got donkey konga 1 w/bongos for 14.97 today.

Yeah, i dont mean to be a pain about the price on the eyetoy but my sears has a lot of employees that like to go by the price tag only.

This is starting to turn YMMV - $3.97 and $4.97 on Metroid Pinball, other price discrepancies on other games (usually within 1 or 2 bucks though) - $1.97 on Unreal Tournament Platinum Hits, $3.97 Astro Boy GBA

Dave

[quote name='lorne']Metal Gear Acid PSP $9.97[/QUOTE]

14.97 at mine.

FYI...

King Kong - DS - 19.99
TMNT - DS - 14.97
Getaway Black Monday - 3.88

shit. :(

Unreal Tournament Platinum Hits was $2.97 at the Sears I went to, also scanned Street Racing Syndicate for Gamecube figuring it would be on clearance, it was $49.99!

Picked these up at Sears tonight:
:ds: Polarium $3.97
:ps2: Intellivison Lives $1.97

And I saw these others all marked on clearance with NOV on the sticker:
:ds: Trace Memory $6.97
:ds: Tiger Woods PGA Tour $5.97
:ds: Metroid Prime Pinball $8.97
:gba: Dynasty Warriors $7.97
:gba: FF Tactics $6.97
:gba: F-Zero GP $4.97
:xbox: Sega GT Online $2.97
:xbox: Rainbow Six 3 $3.97
:xbox: LOTR Third Age $4.97
:xbox: Rallisport Challenge 2 $4.97
:xbox: Alias $5.97
PS1 MLB 2005 $1.97

Very YMMV indeed as I picked up Trace Memory the other day at a different Sears for $5.97 & Metroid Prime Pinball was $7.97 at the other Sears too.

I may try and start a new thread with a list of all the recent prices but it will have to be a list with each title having different prices next to it.

I visited a different Sears store I found their last copies of

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II PS2 x2 $11.97 each
Mario Pinball Land GBA $4.97
Karaoke Revolution Volume 2 PS2 $4.97

They had four copies of Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II but my friend got the other two. Trace Memory rang up for $8.97.

I also saw Twisted Metal PSP, Ratchet Deadlocked and Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow XBox in a bin I did not have the prices scanned but the sign said all games $2.97 to $14.99.

This is all very YMMV. Got FFT for GBA for about $10 and Star Ocean PS2 (the boxed version) for $12. And 2 of 4 Sears I went to just had normal prices.

But why, oh why, Sears, did you feel it necessary to put tape and clearance stickers all over the FFXI boxed sets??? :bomb:

kspiff

[quote name='jphillips10']Just got back from a Sears in the Chicagoland area. Picked up 3 Sony PS2 USB headsets marked $9.97 rang up for $3.97 each!!! :D[/quote]

which sears did you go to?

[quote name='CaoPi']theres a DOA Ultimate LE? o_O[/QUOTE]

Nope. The standard version is 2 discs and comes in a double-case, which makes people think it's an LE.

I'm doing some traveling in the Chicago area and I took the opportunity to visit a couple of Sears that I've never been to before. I found:

Astro Boy (PS2): $4.97
Tak: The Great Juju Challenge (PS2): $4.97
Rise of the Kasai (PS2): $6.97
Genji Dawn of the Samurai (PS2): $6.97
Amped (Xbox): $3.97
Geist (GC): $4.97
Kingdom of Paradise (PSP): $7.97
Medievil Resurrection (PSP): $7.97
Lord of the Rings Tactics (PSP): $7.97
Astonishia Story (PSP): $9.99

Astonishia Story was marked $9.99 but rang up around $35, so the cashier called his manager and she examined the sticker as if she thought it had been transferred from some other product. Then I told her that there were about 6 more of them there with the same price. They let me have it for $9.99, but I saw her giving the rest of the games to an employee, apparently to retag.

[quote name='icruise']I'm doing some traveling in the Chicago area and I took the opportunity to visit a couple of Sears that I've never been to before. I found:

Astro Boy (PS2): $4.97
Tak: The Great Juju Challenge (PS2): $4.97
Rise of the Kasai (PS2): $6.97
Genji Dawn of the Samurai (PS2): $6.97
Amped (Xbox): $3.97
Geist (GC): $4.97
Kingdom of Paradise (PSP): $7.97
Medievil Resurrection (PSP): $7.97
Lord of the Rings Tactics (PSP): $7.97
Astonishia Story (PSP): $9.99

Astonishia Story was marked $9.99 but rang up around $35, so the cashier called his manager and she examined the sticker as if she thought it had been transferred from some other product. Then I told her that there were about 6 more of them there with the same price. They let me have it for $9.99, but I saw her giving the rest of the games to an employee, apparently to retag.[/quote]

which sears did you pass through? i was just at the one on lawrence in chicago and picked up geist and Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade for 9.98

Was able to get the following tonight:

God of War non-GH $19.99
Silent Hill 4 PS2 $9.99
F-Zero GP Legend GBA $4.97
Shadow of the Colossus non-GH $19.99 (will stay sealed for my collection)
Baten Kaitos $6.97 (will stay sealed for my collection)

[quote name='jphillips10']Just got back from a Sears in the Chicagoland area. Picked up 3 Sony PS2 USB headsets marked $9.97 rang up for $3.97 each!!! :D[/quote]

I picked up one of these from my Wal-Mart this week for $3.25. They sat for the longest time at $5.50, and I decided I couldn't resist at $3.

Apossum, i love your sig. :)

this thread is popular. is Sears really a place to get games? at my Sears the selection is weak. haven't been to Toys R Us in a while but it's annoying that they ask for ID when buying a M rated game. wtf. i don't know if they still do it though. fuck TRU

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 DS & GC - $5.99 (great game for both consoles, supposed to be the best version of Tiger Woods out there - yep, even better than the more recent ones apparently).

Geist $4.99 (still passed it up, even at this outrageously low price)

Amped 1 Platinum Hits Edition $2.99

Road Trip $4.99 PS2

[quote name='flx330']Apossum, i love your sig. :)

this thread is popular. is Sears really a place to get games? at my Sears the selection is weak. haven't been to Toys R Us in a while but it's annoying that they ask for ID when buying a M rated game. wtf. i don't know if they still do it though. fuck TRU[/QUOTE]
How old are you?

^ i'm 19, last time i went i didn't buy anything but it looks like a lot of black people work there now. instead of white people. maybe it's under new management.

[quote name='flx330']^ i'm 19, last time i went i didn't buy anything but it looks like a lot of black people work there now. instead of white people. maybe it's under new management.[/QUOTE]

wtf

[quote name='RockoMan']why are you always such a douche bag?[/QUOTE]
Well, for one, it's fun, and I don't suffer fools lightly. But in this case, I wasn't being a "douche bag" (I'm pretty sure you don't actually know what a douche bag is, go ahead and Google it). I was curious if the poster was ripping on TRU employees for being a pain in the ass or if they were doing what they were supposed to do - if the poster was say, 16, the employees were just doing their jobs by carding him.

I was going to concede the point since he's 19, but it appears that instead of being young and stupid he's actually slightly older and possibly racist. Match point, me.

[quote name='nwaugh']but it appears that instead of being young and stupid he's actually slightly older and possibly racist. .[/quote]
Kramer???

[quote name='nwaugh']Well, for one, it's fun, and I don't suffer fools lightly. But in this case, I wasn't being a "douche bag" (I'm pretty sure you don't actually know what a douche bag is, go ahead and Google it).[/quote]

*old man voice* Back in my day, we didn't tell kids to go Google stuff. We didn't have Google, we had books. Or smart people- they were good for askin' stuff 'bout nonsense. :)

SI

okay let's talk bout TRU experiences. last time i went i asked bout Tekken 5 and the lady asked is that the new one? last time i went was in August of 2006. that's what i don't like bout the store. they wouldn't even look it up in the computer. i don't know why they let some middle aged woman work in the video game section. anyone else have experiences like that?

"The store has had a lot of black people in it these..."

"RACIST!"

"Time has been known to be distorted around a black hol--"

"RACIST!"

"There are lots of white people at the mall."

"NOT RACIST."

reason that i mentioned it was cause last time a lot of white people were working there. and this kid working there around my age asked for ID when buying M rated games. now that the store seems to be run by a black manager i wonder if they still have that policy. sure it applies to the kids but to teenagers makes no sense. TRU is damn quiet. no one goes there.

[quote name='flx330']^ i'm 19, last time i went i didn't buy anything but it looks like a lot of black people work there now. instead of white people. maybe it's under new management.[/quote]

Toys R Us doesn't care about white people!

ZOMG conspiracy against Bush!

Has the FFXI hard drive combo been marked down? What is it at now??

i saw at least 5 FFXI w/ HDD at my sears for $99.99 wtf? i wonder if i return the ones i got from TRU to sears if i get that in credit. lol. i wouldnt do that.

-marc

Well, today I went to the Sears in Los Angeles and only found one game that I wanted: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater for $10. I guess I should've gone friday.

BTW, On my way back home my brother said that he saw the FFXI w/ HDD there and said that it was priced at $15. Unfortunately, I completely missed it.

[quote name='h2dk']Kramer???[/QUOTE]

I don't know about everywhere else, but suddenly Kramer has garnered one hell of a fan base here in Alabama. It's getting hard to find Seinfield box sets.

^ only larger stores. The electronics dept. in sears exists to sell TVs and cameras and things related to those, the rest is just filler, therefore the smaller stores won't have any/hardly any games.

I went to two diff Sears today and saw that they had up 2 sided video game displays with multiple games on multiple systems (PSP, Xbox, PS2, GBA, GC, DS) anywhere between $5 and $14.99.

Saw Death Jr, Astonishing Story, RE (GC), Gunstar Superheroes, Rebelstar Tactical Command, DBZ 2, and tons more. I don't remember all of them but there were many.

I picked up an Astonishing Story for PSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back