Sears Extreme Arcade Home Arcade with 50 games - $359

Admiral Ackbar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Stolen from Fatwallet. Posted by Scorpion.

[quote name='Scorpion']
Seems to be a great deal. $399.99 -10% coupon working until Midnight CST. No tax for me (Oregon) and arranged for In-Store PU.

Arcade cabinet

Games List: Alpine Ski, Anteater, Arkanoid, Arkanoid 2, Amred Car, Asteroids, Asteroids Deluxe, Atari Basketball, Battlezone, Bezerk, Birdie King, Black Widow, Calipso, Centipede, Chack 'n Pop, Cloak & Dagger, Cyrstal Castles, Elevator Action, Food Fight, Frenzy, Gravitar, Jungle Hunt, Kram, Liberator, Lost Tomb, Lunar Lander, Lunar Rescue, Moon Patrol, Millipede, Minefield, Missle Command, Moon War, Pirate Pete, Plump Pop, Pong, Qix, Red Baron, Recue, Skydiver, Space Duel, Space Invaders, Speed Coin, Super Breakout, Tazz Mania, Tempest, Tounament Arkanoid, Video Pinball, Warlords, Water Ski, Zoo Keeper (Credit to user NEXT for all his typing in a previous post)

[/quote]

$65 to ship but may be available for ins tore pickup.

Thanks OP. Had one shipped to a store by me for $360 plus tax. Got good reviews from people last week who paid $500.

A lot of those games don't seem like they'd work too well with the cabinet. Arkanoid or Centipede with a joystick? No thanks.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Stolen from Fatwallet. Posted by Scorpion.

$65 to ship but may be available for ins tore pickup.[/quote]

eh a couple good games but not for me. nice sig picture btw. how did you like season 3?

Not a terribly pre-built cabinet that one could convert to MAME and build their own arcade machine out of that could play a bunch more.....Until you see the specs, that is. 67inches tall and 21 inches wide. That monitor must be like 10 inches. I stand 6'1 and I know im more than two feet wide at the shoulders, meaning effectively, me playing on that would look the same as those clown cars with xbawks huge guys getting out of them. Not to mention my aching back from being hunched over to see the screen. They should put a warning label somewhere that says ages 5-14 cause not many adults could comfortably utilize that sort of a scale cabinet. And it only makes the price sound worse once you factor in the size of the unit.

I'd recommend the hobbyist build their own >_>

[quote name='the4thnobleman']Not a terribly pre-built cabinet that one could convert to MAME and build their own arcade machine out of that could play a bunch more.....Until you see the specs, that is. 67inches tall and 21 inches wide. That monitor must be like 10 inches. I stand 6'1 and I know im more than two feet wide at the shoulders, meaning effectively, me playing on that would look the same as those clown cars with xbawks huge guys getting out of them. Not to mention my aching back from being hunched over to see the screen. They should put a warning label somewhere that says ages 5-14 cause not many adults could comfortably utilize that sort of a scale cabinet. And it only makes the price sound worse once you factor in the size of the unit.

I'd recommend the hobbyist build their own >_>[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if you buy this expecting it to look good in your game room or to have that cool "arcade feel" in your house, you'll be disappointed when you get this. It's significantly smaller than a normal arcade cabinet size, the screen is tiny, and in all reality it really looks dreadful. I'd stay away from this because it's not even worth 100 bucks in my opinion.

Yea, not even worth it for that. You could build something much nicer, better, bigger, and all around less crappy then this machine. If it went down to $50, then I'd say buy it.

[quote name='the4thnobleman']Not a terribly pre-built cabinet that one could convert to MAME and build their own arcade machine out of that could play a bunch more.....Until you see the specs, that is. 67inches tall and 21 inches wide. That monitor must be like 10 inches. I stand 6'1 and I know im more than two feet wide at the shoulders, meaning effectively, me playing on that would look the same as those clown cars with xbawks huge guys getting out of them. Not to mention my aching back from being hunched over to see the screen. They should put a warning label somewhere that says ages 5-14 cause not many adults could comfortably utilize that sort of a scale cabinet. And it only makes the price sound worse once you factor in the size of the unit.

I'd recommend the hobbyist build their own >_>[/quote]

spec sheet:

It has an authentic style arcade cabinet and 19 in. high resolution monitor.

[quote name='Sooku']A lot of those games don't seem like they'd work too well with the cabinet. Arkanoid or Centipede with a joystick? No thanks.[/QUOTE]

That was my first thought as well. Arkanoid is probably my all-time favorite arcade cabinet, but it's awful without the spinner. Tempest is pretty much worthless with a joystick, too.

bread's done
Back