Sears - Fable 2 LE - 19.97 + .99 S/H

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Not a bad deal, but I don't think it comes with the DLC? If it came with the DLC it would make the deal real good.[/QUOTE]

If you mean the 2 add ons on the XBOX Marketplace, then no. It comes with a code for "The Hall of the Dead" Dungeon, "The Wreckager" Legendary Cutlass Weapon which is in the Hall of the Dead and a chest with armor and a weapon "from the future" (Halo)
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/921/921666p1.html

There's also a bonus DVD and 48 hour Gold code.

Can someone please buy this game for me and ship it to my address, and then I will buy you something for the same price at Amazon shipped to your address, please?

I can't buy at Sears.com with my card!

=(

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Can someone please buy this game for me and ship it to my address, and then I will buy you something for the same price at Amazon shipped to your address, please?

I can't buy at Sears.com with my card!

=([/QUOTE]

You might not have that either, but you can check out with PayPal.

[quote name='mitch079']If you mean the 2 add ons on the XBOX Marketplace, then no. It comes with a code for "The Hall of the Dead" Dungeon, "The Wreckager" Legendary Cutlass Weapon which is in the Hall of the Dead and a chest with armor and a weapon "from the future" (Halo)
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/921/921666p1.html

There's also a bonus DVD and 48 hour Gold code.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I didn't think it came with DLC. No DLC, not a great deal because the weapons/dungeon don't make the deal great. The Behind The Scenes video is cool, but who watches those kind of DVDs more then once? Isn't this just like $10 bucks off normal price?

[quote name='darkclawsofchaos']Looking at this sale, do you think the Fable 3 LE will get this cheap?[/QUOTE]
Maybe when Fable 4 comes out, but then again Fable 2 LE is kinda weak since they cut a bunch of the extras a month before launch.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah, this LE was pretty weak to begin with, and it became an even less attractive package when the game went PH and came with the 2 DLC adventures.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that... sucks for all the people who paid $100+ for new copies just for the DLC code.

Well, looking at my previous post, it was worded pretty poorly. The DLC in the LE is unique to it, but it's really nothing to write home about, in my opinion. I guess the Halo armor is pretty cool. But I would definitely prefer paying $20 for the PH and getting the two DLCs, which usually costs like $20 on the MP.

[quote name='happydogs']I'd jump on this if i didn't just get Fable two days ago for, um, nothing.[/QUOTE]

im assuming by this u mean that deal that was posted on woot and was only good for like two hrs?

[quote name='seether254']im assuming by this u mean that deal that was posted on woot and was only good for like two hrs?[/QUOTE]

Xbox live glitch where you could download it for free.

[quote name='seether254']im assuming by this u mean that deal that was posted on woot and was only good for like two hrs?[/QUOTE]

it was up for a long time buddy. + its still semi good if you have already downloaded demo.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah, this LE was pretty weak to begin with, and it became an even less attractive package when the game went PH and came with the 2 DLC adventures.[/QUOTE]

Wasnt the LE extra content just some Halo armor? And wasnt it available to *everyone* at launch if you just went to their website? I know I only bought the vanilla version but got a code from the website to open the chest w/ the Halo armor.

Was there anything else that came w/ the LE?

(P.S. I also got in on the XBL glitch...though I doubt I'll ever go back to the game as I found it initially disappointing)

Yeah this is really not a very good CE. It was bad enough that they pulled a Molyneux and axed all the stuff that was originally planned for the CE like the playing cards and such, and it certainly doesn't help that the DLC from the platinum hits version womps the DLC included in this version. Even the packaging sucks, it's just a cardboard slipcover over a regular 2-disc 360 case. I really can't recommend this over the regular version.

Too funny...I had ordered the Sears deal the other day, then was able to get in on the glitch...guess I'll just have to go to Sears to get a refund now, haha....

I remember Microsoft was having problems with the LE DLC's working so they set up a site where you give them your e-mail and they send you a different code for the LE DLC. I gave it a shot figuring it wouldn't work, but to my surprise, I got the e-mail. It's funny because I never even owned the game until a few days ago when it glitched out and went free off games on demand. Weird how things work out sometimes.

I wasn't able to get on xbl to get the fable2 game to work for me. It said something like download not available or some random reason for not letting me get it?

[quote name='sotc1988']I remember Microsoft was having problems with the LE DLC's working so they set up a site where you give them your e-mail and they send you a different code for the LE DLC. I gave it a shot figuring it wouldn't work, but to my surprise, I got the e-mail. It's funny because I never even owned the game until a few days ago when it glitched out and went free off games on demand. Weird how things work out sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify, the problem was that many copies of the game didn't have the LE code inside the box, not that the codes wouldn't work.

[quote name='bugeater']Just to clarify, the problem was that many copies of the game didn't have the LE code inside the box, not that the codes wouldn't work.[/QUOTE]
Excuse me for not remembering the exact details of an insignificant event two years ago.

This game used to sell for a lot on ebay as it was a bit rare. Now it's cheap and more CE's show up new. Weird, what happened.

[quote name='dallow']This game used to sell for a lot on ebay as it was a bit rare. Now it's cheap and more CE's show up new. Weird, what happened.[/QUOTE]

It got a fair-sized reprint at one point, making it not-so "limited."

[quote name='Rozz']It got a fair-sized reprint at one point, making it not-so "limited."[/QUOTE]

I just assume Microsoft overprints LEs and they sit in a warehouse for years, like Halo Legendary.

[quote name='mitch079']I just assume Microsoft overprints LEs and they sit in a warehouse for years, like Halo Legendary.[/QUOTE]

Assume what you want, but the fact is this edition was quite scarce at one point and had a limited print originally. Months later a new print came with Gamequest Direct leading the way. Its value went to shit there after, especially since it's a lackluster LE to begin with.

Halo Legendary was never a rare collectible and had a larger print run initially with smaller demand. Combine that with retailers having limited space and that's why they had so much leftover of that. That is a case of no demand and high print; this is a case of a game originally having a high demand and value being reprinted and then losing it.

bread's done
Back