Sears & Kmart weekly ads 7/31 to 8/6: bunch of Kinect deals

LouieT

CAGiversary!
There is no pricing error. The ad had the regular 250GB Xbox 360 and not the Kinect bundle.

Sears:

:360: Buy the Xbox 360 250GB system for $299.99, get a $50 Award Card for free.

:360: Buy the Kinect Sensor for $149.99, get a $25 Award card for free.

:360: These Kinect games are all $39.99 each:
Dance Central
Kinect Sports
Kinectimals

Kmart:

:360: Shop Your Way Rewards members only: Buy the Xbox 360 4GB Kinect bundle for $299.99, get a $60 gaming coupon.

:360: Buy the Kinect sensor for $149.99, get the Kinect game Micheal Jackson: The Experience for free.

:360: Buy a Xbox Live 1600 MS points card for $19.99, get a 3-month Xbox Live Gold card at half off, for the price of $12.49.
Limit 1 each per customer, 50% savings limited to 1 card per transaction.
:360: Buy a Xbox Live 4000 MS points card for $49.99, get a 12-month Xbox Live Gold card at half off, for the price of $29.99.
Limit 1 each per customer, 50% savings limited to 1 card per transaction.

:360: These Kinect games are all $39.99 each:
Child of Eden
Michael Jackson: The Experience
Zumba Fitness
Dance Central

Last edited by a moderator:
Sears will probably send notifications of stores if it is a misprint, but the same can't be said of other price matching stores like Best Buy. Speaking of which, shouldn't BBs match the price AND the gift card?

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Speaking of which, shouldn't BBs match the price AND the gift card?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy is also giving away a $50 gift card with 250GB Kinect bundles next week.

[quote name='LouieT']Best Buy is also giving away a $50 gift card with 250GB Kinect bundles next week.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks for the heads up. I just took a look at the thread on CAG about it. I don't have a BB anywhere close to my area so I wouldn't know, but could that mean $299 Kinect Bundle with $100 in GCs?

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Ah, thanks for the heads up. I just took a look at the thread on CAG about it. I don't have a BB anywhere close to my area so I wouldn't know, but could that mean $299 Kinect Bundle with $100 in GCs?[/QUOTE]

No it would be a PM of $299.99 + a $50 GC. But highly YMMV as sears will probably print a retraction

[quote name='Jimmienoman']No it would be a PM of $299.99 + a $50 GC. But highly YMMV as sears will probably print a retraction[/QUOTE]

That probably won't matter. I had no trouble getting walmart to match the 2 for $50 deal TRU accidentally posted, even after the retraction. Most stores won't call, and if they do, it's just to check stock. I'd say you're probably 80% guaranteed a $299 Xbox and Kinect.

I swear the last several weeks have been the "Summer of misprints." I've seen more blatant misprints and/or "claims" of misprints by the stores in the last two months than I have in the year prior. It's getting very pathetic, and I'm really starting to think this is a purposeful move to drive up store traffic.

Anyhoo, good luck to anyone trying this!

I really don't need a 360. I really don't need a 360. I really don't need a 360..

So what time does Sears open in the morning? ;)

[quote name='Jello1996']I really don't need a 360. I really don't need a 360. I really don't need a 360..

So what time does Sears open in the morning? ;)[/QUOTE]

I keep saying the same thing...

OP:
Does the kinect 250 xbox bundle has a picture in the ad? I've been looking for kinect and I'm planning to pricematch this to best buy. Thanks

[quote name='coolrust']OP:
Does the kinect 250 xbox bundle has a picture in the ad? I've been looking for kinect and I'm planning to pricematch this to best buy. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yes. There is a picture of the 250GB Kinect box and "299.99" under it. It's on page 4 of the appliance/electronics half of the ad. Not true, see second page.

[quote name='shivan128']is this the online weekly ad? Or is it something you find in the store when you walk in?[/QUOTE]

This is the newspaper ad. They should be the same as the ads found in the store. The online ad has not gone up yet.

Stupid question, but I almost never shop at Sears. The award card, is that just their wording for a gift card? If so...I think I found out where I may get a 360 once I get my pay check this week (provided I can find an ad from them).

[quote name='JStryke']Stupid question, but I almost never shop at Sears. The award card, is that just their wording for a gift card? If so...I think I found out where I may get a 360 once I get my pay check this week (provided I can find an ad from them).[/QUOTE]

I have a pretty good feeling if you don't get in on this sunday that everyone will catch on to the misprint and deny you. Although certain states have laws that they have to sell it at that price but they can claim the sale was for stock on hand and when it's gone the sale is over. Competitors can claim they don't price match misprints so you need to jump on it quick...

[quote name='JStryke']The award card, is that just their wording for a gift card?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

The fine print says that the award card amount will be taken out of the refund if the bundle is returned, and the award card is only for future purchases.

hmmm, I was planing to get the xbox 4gb with kinect for 299.99 with $100 giftcard if it happen again= net 199.99

So this is 249.99 net giftcard.... I think i am going to wake up early.

So you guys think I will have better luck at Sears or just go to BB and get them to Price match?

[quote name='stuntrogue']hmmm, I was planing to get the xbox 4gb with kinect for 299.99 with $100 giftcard if it happen again= net 199.99

So this is 249.99 net giftcard.... I think i am going to wake up early.

So you guys think I will have better luck at Sears or just go to BB and get them to Price match?[/QUOTE]

Most likely this is a physical print error and the Xbox will NOT ring up as $299.99. I am only speculating of course but I think that any employee who pays attention will notice this. If you are the first customer to try at Sears you may luck out.

[quote name='GBAstar']Most likely this is a physical print error and the Xbox will NOT ring up as $299.99. I am only speculating of course but I think that any employee who pays attention will notice this. If you are the first customer to try at Sears you may luck out.[/QUOTE]

You are right if they are as bad as toy r us, then the first will slip by.

this is great I was going to go to game stop tomorrow and trade in my 20 gb xbox, but for 100 dollars off I will be there when the open. If I can price match at best buy do they offer any kind of trade in on old systems.

[quote name='punter25']this is great I was going to go to game stop tomorrow and trade in my 20 gb xbox, but for 100 dollars off I will be there when the open. If I can price match at best buy do they offer any kind of trade in on old systems.[/QUOTE]

I checked BB's online console estimator a week or so ago and for a 20 GB 360 they offer you $56 I think in credit. So if you can get them to price match you're looking at a 250 GB Kinect for under $250. Not a bad deal if you can swing it

Jeez didnt they just have some ridiculous iPad price error? I'm sure some will be able to get the price honored or matched at Best Buy. Pretty damn good deal with the gift card. I'll probably just wait for a price drop but I'm pretty tempted to try this.

I checked the weekly ad online, it only shows 250 xbox 360 kinect ready. I'm not sure if it's regional, I'm in Cali anyway.

OP
Is there anyway you can post the ad for the kinect bundle, I don't want to wake up early in the morning to get the ad and only to find disappointment. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

It was the regular 250GB system. :dunce:

So sorry for all that. It said Kinect on the box but it was actually "Kinect Ready" #-o

[quote name='LouieT']It was the regular 250GB system. :dunce:

So sorry for all that. It said Kinect on the box but it was actually "Kinect Ready" #-o[/QUOTE]

Hey congrats! I think you now qualify to work at Sears/Kmart!

...just kidding...

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,

. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,

. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,

. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,

. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}

. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}

. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./

. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./

. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/

. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}

. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../

. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../

. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”

. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\

. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__

,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,

. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

Um what is this

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,

. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,

. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,

. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,

. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}

. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}

. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./

. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./

. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/

. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}

. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../

. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../

. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”

. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\

. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__

,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,

. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LouieT']It was the regular 250GB system. :dunce:

So sorry for all that. It said Kinect on the box but it was actually "Kinect Ready" #-o[/QUOTE]

Actually...that's a good thing for me as I have no interest in the kinect. Funny how that works out. Now it's just a matter of if I can swing it this week.

What?! Its the regular 250gb? :whee:
release+the+kraken+futurama.jpg

[quote name='JStryke']Actually...that's a good thing for me as I have no interest in the kinect. Funny how that works out. Now it's just a matter of if I can swing it this week.[/QUOTE]

yup same! finally a deal on a non kinect xbox. hopefully amazon will match, sear's online price's for points/live cards are maddening(12 months ranging from $70-80+ online...probably $60 in store) and their game system has 1k+ games in stock.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']My hopes and dreams crushed.[/QUOTE]

Why, in a year it will be cheaper so why would you buy it now anyways? :bouncy:

[quote name='iwannadie']Why, in a year it will be cheaper so why would you buy it now anyways? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. Since Microsoft seems to really pushing the Kinect I think we would see a price drop on Kinect hardward than the system itself.

[quote name='iwannadie']Why, in a year it will be cheaper so why would you buy it now anyways? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Why not wait 5 years? Dirt cheap by then!

not sure if serious.....theres a bunch of AAA titles coming out this year.

[quote name='yahoosale14']not sure if serious.....theres a bunch of AAA titles coming out this year.[/QUOTE]

It was a throwback to another thread where he was saying why buy the game now when it will be cheaper in a year or something....

[quote name='sdclippers']How is that a throwback when it makes sense?[/QUOTE]

A throwback is just a reference to a previous discussion, it is up to if it it makes sense or not...

[quote name='GamerDude316']I checked BB's online console estimator a week or so ago and for a 20 GB 360 they offer you $56 I think in credit. So if you can get them to price match you're looking at a 250 GB Kinect for under $250. Not a bad deal if you can swing it[/QUOTE]

I realize he's likely not going to do it because this deal was an error. However, I would like to ask why someone would give Best Buy a working 20GB 360 for $56 in credit?

Surely, for the paltry sum of $56 it is worth keeping as a Netflix box/media extender in another room, as a second machine for your kids, or as a gift to get a nongaming family member or friend into games.

Earlier this year, I replaced both my launch PS3 & 360 with newer slim models w/ Kinect/Move but kept both older units for use in other rooms. A similar fate awaits my Wii when the WiiU launches if Nintendo can show me enough potential software to pick one of those up at launch.

[quote name='Jasonofindy']I realize he's likely not going to do it because this deal was an error. However, I would like to ask why someone would give Best Buy a working 20GB 360 for $56 in credit?

Surely, for the paltry sum of $56 it is worth keeping as a Netflix box/media extender in another room, as a second machine for your kids, or as a gift to get a nongaming family member or friend into games.

Earlier this year, I replaced both my launch PS3 & 360 with newer slim models w/ Kinect/Move but kept both older units for use in other rooms. A similar fate awaits my Wii when the WiiU launches if Nintendo can show me enough potential software to pick one of those up at launch.[/QUOTE]

Hell, you could intercept someone and offer them $50 in cash for one. My problem would be that I just love my Slim (with built-in WiFi and its 250 GB HD, 20 GB is just not enough) too much to go back to such a unit.

bread's done
Back