Sears: Wii price cut to $99

Seems YMMV to me. I think a few chains were clearancing out the OG white Wii sku's for a while now.

Which Sears was this? Was the $99 price for all colors?

[quote name='cochesecochese']Seems YMMV to me. I think a few chains were clearancing out the OG white Wii sku's for a while now.

Which Sears was this? Was the $99 price for all colors?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm gonna guess it was an original Wii without Wii Sports Resort.

[quote name='jello44']Yeah, I'm gonna guess it was an original Wii without Wii Sports Resort.[/QUOTE]
Yes, it was the first Wii bundle available.

The originals made it down to $50 at Target on clearance at one point. So this isn't that surprising if it is the original model.

sounds like a lie from a Sears employee just to get you in the store...last time i fell for that i bought a lawnmower,a cooler,and an Obama shirt(im white)

delete this thread now please

filthy, filthy thread

[quote name='confoosious']mensa member?[/QUOTE]

anybody who uses an ellipsis is top notch

[quote name='confoosious']mensa member?[/QUOTE]

Hey, that's not nice. It's not his fault.
1zwde94.jpg

[quote name='dino88']Hey, that's not nice. It's not his fault.
1zwde94.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I miss that little guy in your avatar so much.

Eric-the-Midget-Animated-Fringe-GIF-2.gif

[quote name='headlikeahole']sounds like a lie from a Sears employee just to get you in the store...last time i fell for that i bought a lawnmower,a cooler,and an Obama shirt(im white)

delete this thread now please[/QUOTE]

Because a Sears employee is really making money off of that lawnmower, cooler, and Obama shirt...

:booty:

You sure are a smart one. :3ds:

[quote name='headlikeahole']sounds like a lie from a Sears employee just to get you in the store...last time i fell for that i bought a lawnmower,a cooler,and an Obama shirt(im white)

delete this thread now please[/QUOTE]...you're dumb.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Showing $199 for me using that link (for my local store). Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Sears clearance is YMMV. Maybe later it will go down...

Just a heads up guys...there are ALOT of rumors circulating about the next Wii ("Project Cafe") being shown at E3 this year, to be released in the Fall of 2012. Completely backward compatible with current Wii games and with HD graphics.

This would definitely point to Nintendo slashing the price on current Wii's to phase it out.

I can confirm this price. It's the ORIGINAL wii bundle (basically, launch wii). I can scan a receipt or whatever later tonight when I get back home if anyone needs.

Personally I think that this price drop has nothing to do with any new wii system coming out, because these are the ORIGINAL wii systems. Target dumps stuff like this just months after new versions come out, so its pretty crazy that sears even has these in stock anywhere. Its not really surprising that they'd be heavily clearanced.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Awesome trick thanks for posting this, might pick up a Wii for my cousins.[/QUOTE]

It's not a trick... google has added the ability to check stock locally by store.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']I'll wait for it to drop farther when Wii 2 comes out[/QUOTE]
SMH, why would anyone even want a Wii when the second comes out if it's fully backwards compatible?

[quote name='dabamus']The originals made it down to $50 at Target on clearance at one point. So this isn't that surprising if it is the original model.[/QUOTE]

I paid like $300 for it at one point! It's surprising!

The great thing about the Wii is it's the only console that got backwards compatibility right. Still, I paid $200 for one and exclusively played A Link to the Past on it. I'd probably give it another shot for $99.

[quote name='Survivalism']The great thing about the Wii is it's the only console that got backwards compatibility right.[/QUOTE]

That's because it barely changed the hardware.

[quote name='Bezerker']There is a locator here (Just click "X Nearby Stores - In Stock).

http://www.google.com/#q=sears+%22wii+console%22&hl=en&safe=off&biw=1920&bih=1096&tbs=seller:2677551&tbm=shop&ei=a4epTfSLOcjUgAfXzPXzBQ&start=10&sa=N&fp=e3ea459ea8afe82d

Its definitely YMMV. 3 Stores in the Tampa area have it, two are $99.97, one is full price.[/QUOTE]

Big thanks to you for that locator and the original poster for this deal. I was able to score a $99 wii at sears yesterday. What pissed me off is when I called two weeks ago, the girl said "they had some white wiis but sold them" This sears is almost 40 miles away so I wasnt just going to drive out there.

Fast forward to last night when we were at that mall anyways, I went to sears on a whim, and they had like 5 white wiis and 5 black. I almost turned a flip when I saw ONE of them didnt include motion control/wii sports resort. $100 out the door, the look on the cashiers face after telling me it would ring up $200 was priceless :booty:

Mothers day gift: ACCOMPLISHED!

[quote name='*Deathblade2']Big thanks to you for that locator and the original poster for this deal. I was able to score a $99 wii at sears yesterday. What pissed me off is when I called two weeks ago, the girl said "they had some white wiis but sold them" This sears is almost 40 miles away so I wasnt just going to drive out there.

Fast forward to last night when we were at that mall anyways, I went to sears on a whim, and they had like 5 white wiis and 5 black. I almost turned a flip when I saw ONE of them didnt include motion control/wii sports resort. $100 out the door, the look on the cashiers face after telling me it would ring up $200 was priceless :booty:

Mothers day gift: ACCOMPLISHED![/QUOTE]

I'm going to check this out when I get home. My sister wants to get one.

[quote name='*Deathblade2']Big thanks to you for that locator and the original poster for this deal. I was able to score a $99 wii at sears yesterday. What pissed me off is when I called two weeks ago, the girl said "they had some white wiis but sold them" This sears is almost 40 miles away so I wasnt just going to drive out there.

The black one would be the better choice in my opinion. I just like that color over the white model.

[quote name='Goodfella2487']SMH, why would anyone even want a Wii when the second comes out if it's fully backwards compatible?[/QUOTE]
because it's cheap? i know i won't be buying the new wii when it comes out until the price drops to $200

[quote name='Lei']because it's cheap? i know i won't be buying the new wii when it comes out until the price drops to $200[/QUOTE]

Yup/agree! The only thing stopping me from running out the door for this deal is that I can't easily connect a Wii to my HDMI/VGA/DVI only monitor.

Nice, glad to be of help.

Why r u mad at the employee? She decided to change her mine and not purchase the entire lot of Wiis. She could if she wanted to, thanks to you.

Side question: I just tried to turn my launch day Wii on, and I think it's toast (or really close). Can anyone point me to some current, definitive info about what needs to be done to transfer VC games? I probably own a couple hundred dollars worth.

On semi-topic, if I don't have to at least let Nintendo attempt to repair it for them to 'transfer the digital content licenses,' at this point do you think it would be an easier option to just buy a new one, given the price point? Thanks in advance. (I couldn't seem to find reliable info about this, and of course Nintendo's going to want you to send it in for repair.)

[quote name='leidh']Why r u mad at the employee? She decided to change her mine and not purchase the entire lot of Wiis. She could if she wanted to, thanks to you.[/QUOTE]

?? Not sure what you mean here...there was only ONE launch wii, the rest were all later version. Mad at the employee? You mean the one that probably didnt even bother to look and just gave me a BS answer when i called?

[quote name='jollydwarf']Side question: I just tried to turn my launch day Wii on, and I think it's toast (or really close). Can anyone point me to some current, definitive info about what needs to be done to transfer VC games? I probably own a couple hundred dollars worth.
[/QUOTE]
Virtual Console games are not legally transferable between different systems. You must contact Nintendo to get your original Wii repaired or replaced, or otherwise go the filthy pirate route.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Yup/agree! The only thing stopping me from running out the door for this deal is that I can't easily connect a Wii to my HDMI/VGA/DVI only monitor.[/QUOTE]

eBay has so many different converters. Just look for a VGA to AV converter and see how it works with something you have(assuming you have something that uses red, yellow, & white cables) before you buy the Wii.

I may search for one of these $99 or less Wiis to tide me over until Playstation bundles hit $199. I will use it for Netflix and Mario!:D

[quote name='deadtrees']Virtual Console games are not legally transferable between different systems. You must contact Nintendo to get your original Wii repaired or replaced, or otherwise go the filthy pirate route.[/QUOTE]

I've heard or read a story of someone who had complained to nintendo about the VC games being lost and they had luck getting them transfered but I think had to send the console in. Best to call Nintendo maybe and see if you get a helpful associate.

I would of purchased every single one of these at all stores in my area, u have no idea how valuable the white original wiis are ; )

bread's done
Back