Season Finale of Lost

evilmregg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
Heck, I figured if 24 got a thread, Lost deserves a thread, too. Anyone else watching the finale tonight? It's on in ten minutes here in the eastern time zone. I plan to watch all two hours of it, then report back here about how disappointed I am at how little was revealed.

I'll be watching it and recording it with a DVR. It starts in about 2 hours and 30 minutes on the West Coast. I expect it to be one of the best season finales ever with at least one of the main questions being answered such as where Claire was for 2 weeks? What is the monster/security system? Who are the Others? What is in the hatch? Why are they on the island? What caused the crash? I also expect to be left with a huge cliffhanger that'll have ever fanatic of the show talking until the next season begins.

I don't want to spoil it for anyone who has yet to watch it tonight, but man... it certainly does end with a cliffhanger. Well, two cliffhangers to be precise. Yep, things just keep getting worse for our heroes on Gilligan's Island.

It pretty much showed nothing. The hatch was finally opened but saw nothing. We see other people but they turn out to be the ones that have to do with the island.
Only thing that was really solved was bringing the baby back and that was part of the episode.

I thought it was awesome, kicked 24's finale square in the balls. Even though Carnivale was cancelled, at least we still have Lost (and shockingly, it's doing well in the ratings!)

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I've never watched Lost before tonight and all I caught was the last 20 minutes but damn does it pull you in![/QUOTE]

sucks to be you

that is like watching the last 20 minutes of fight club and saying it was a great movie.

I certainly wouldn't say it was better than 24's finale, especially given that 24 has gone four seasons and has to come up with new twists....that said, I am a huge fan of both and it will be impossible not to watch Lost next season after tonight's finale.

All I have to say is wow! So many new questions and so few answered. And just when I thought I was figuring out the mystery. I don't believe it's a dream or hell or anything like that. I do think they were all sent there by some sick, twisted, wealthy person as an experiment, or for revenge. Just my crazy theory.

Some new questions:

What is the giant monster thing? It was clearly making mechanical noises. Is it some sort of giant, man-made contraption?

Why do the "Others" want Walt? Clearly he has psychic powers, but what use are those powers to them?

Who exactly are the "Others?" How did they get there? Why do they have a rickety fishing boat? What's up with that guy's beard? Jerks.

it was a great 2 hours, but I think they billed it up to much...their tv ads were running saying that you will be talking about the cliffhanger all summer...I thought that alias had a better cliffhanger then lost.....I love the show Lost, and our hawaiin sales rep, is an extra on it...supposedly he will get a talking roll next year, as well as do stunts...he was the guy wearing a maroon shirt all season in the background...ie last week you saw him a lot, pulling the boat into the water, he was up front across from the black guy....last night, when Said (sp) and charlie were running back to Claire, he was one of the 4 that ran back...and he was holding a spear

I don't think Walt's psychic sensitivity has anything to do with why they wanted him. I think they wanted Walt for the same reason they took Alex (Rousso's baby). I believe they are just trying to reinforce their numbers and it would be impossible to turn an adult into one of them, but a child....... a child could be made to forget over time.

As to the monster....... It was clearly making mechanical sounds but that trail of black mist most certainly didn't look like it was from something mechanical. It was like a fast floating shadow. And did anyone else think the thing the hatch was attached to was way oversized just to house a 3 foot wide shaft? I mean, the thing with the hatch on it was about 15 feet wide and it's only there for something 3 feet wide?

They really did leave one humdinger of a cliffhanger. Next season cannot come fast enough!!!

So I've never watched Lost, and I caught the end 20 minutes of this last episode as well as some in the middle. It looked ok, but really, does anybody else think that this is just Cube on an island? "Those are bad numbers!"

[quote name='evilmax17']So I've never watched Lost, and I caught the end 20 minutes of this last episode as well as some in the middle. It looked ok, but really, does anybody else think that this is just Cube on an island? "Those are bad numbers!"[/QUOTE]

That fat guy really annoys me. I would have let him explode like an overcooked microwave hotdog.

After watching lost, Alias came on....that was pathetic! It looked like one of those lame ass old WWOR sci fi shows only more cheesy.
Lost was amazing though.

I read on some other forums that there was a hint in hurley's comic book or something. I saw the comic book scene but thought nothing of it. Anyone know what im talking about?
Was the monster shown in the comic or something?

The Polar Bear that was in the First episode, was in the that Green Lantern Comic Hurley was reading, I think. I liked the finale, but I fucking hate cliffhangers.

I loved the finale. You knew the show was going to end with more questions, that is the very nature of Lost. What strikes me was the amount of metacriticism of the show itself (man, I was just starting to like the high school science teacher... he was getting great) and finally, the admission that Fate seems to be the key behind the show - at least entertaining the possibility.

Unlike the Lord of the Flies Civilization vs. Nature debate the show seemed to hint at early on, it's clearly drawn the line, the two factions will be Science (Survival) vs. Faith. Interesting.

As amazingly amused as I was by Hurley's 10 minutes of getting around the airport... I have to admit it was an amazing waste of time. It was redeemed however, with that absolutely absurd slow-motion thumbs up and nod to Walt playing the GBA SP (go Walt!) then sitting down and reading the Spanish-language JLA comic (seems so obvious in retrospect now - who else would have owned it?). It's moments like those that help the show greatly and stop them from taking themselves too seriously.

[quote name='camoor']That fat guy really annoys me. I would have let him explode like an overcooked microwave hotdog.[/QUOTE]

Hurley is the best! I really hate the French lady, she's annoying as fuck.

Anyone else think that when the "Others" were looking for the child, they were looking for Walt instead of Aaron (the baby)? That would explain why they weren't waiting to trade with the French lady, and why they took Walt.

And what did Mike find in Sawyer's shirt that made him worry?

[quote name='Greetard']Hurley is the best! I really hate the French lady, she's annoying as fuck.

Anyone else think that when the "Others" were looking for the child, they were looking for Walt instead of Aaron (the baby)? That would explain why they weren't waiting to trade with the French lady, and why they took Walt.

And what did Mike find in Sawyer's shirt that made him worry?[/QUOTE]

Well, the marks on the French chick's arms proved that she was the one that attacked Claire previously, but it was after that that Claire was abducted by Ethan. Why, though, was Claire able to escape the Others? They seem to be pretty well-organized, and it doesn't seem like she would have made her way back to the camp unless they wanted her to. What's the deal with her baby then?

I tend to think that they were looking for Walt all along. Maybe not him specifically, but perhaps they knew about a "gifted" child that would be showing up at the island. Maybe they realized that Claire's baby wasn't he one, and that's why they let her go. But letting people go doesn't seem like their style. They'd be more likely just to off her right there.

I don't know. I'm so confused. As confused as I am, though, I still love the show.

I can say this is the greatest TV show ever. I don't care what anyone says about not enough questions being answered, Lost is the best TV show to ever grave any television set.

Now, to get into detail on what's going on, Lost fan sites are going nuts recently with the recent discovery of an online site that shows a preview for the next season of Lost.

http://www.oceanic-air.com/seatingchart.htm

At the bottom of the seating chart are the seating numbers, click the numbers I listed below in order and you will see the video.

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42

Also, if you click on random seats and you find of the characters seats, it gives a picture or some type of item related to that character.

Not only is this show brilliant, but JJ Abrams as taking the liberty upon himself to make this website which will keep the hype of Lost alive until next season. A very wise move. The only thing that they need to do it update the site every so often.

Now, for those of you who watched the season finale. If you freeze the scene where the shadow of the monster blew up when Kate threw the dynamite in the hole, this is what you see:

enhanceeyes7aj.jpg

Also, this video is taken from the pilot episode and look carefully:

lostturbineenhanced.gif

:eek:

Yeah. That's why we all watch Lost, it's for the mystery. Every time a question is answered, two are brought up. I'm as disappointed as everyone else that not enough was 'answered' in the finale, but that's why we keep watching, isn't it? It's been doing exactly what it was meant to do, keep us hooked.

As for the Others, when I watched the episode, it didn't even occur to me that the men on the boat were, in fact, the Others. And since then, everybody online assumes that they are, in fact, the Others. I think that it's a big possibility that these people are just random sea hobos. Maybe it's the cynical David Lynch/Todd Solondz side of me speaking, but I think they're just random perverts who took Walt just for that reason. I mean, after it was implied that Danielle was just making it all up, that there really aren't any Others at all, these people just being random hillbilly pirates is a pretty good theory. If you watch them while Michael explains who they are to them, they seem to be laughing at him, and don't believe his story. Wouldn't you think he was just crazy, as well? I'm not saying anyone's wrong, just another strong theory to throw out there.

As for the hatch, I think it was a great way to end. They showed us nothing and everything, all at once. We knew nothing about what was down the hatch, and now we know that not only is is very long, but it had a ladder leading down it, at one point. This, of course brings up a whole nother round of questions, but we're all JJ's bitches, so we don't care. ;)

And as for the 'monster', they once again showed us everything and nothing. There were DEFINITELY mechanical sounds as it tried to drag Locke down, and the smoke (steam?) was definitely another hint at the theory that it's something mechanical. I find it kind of strange that they're desperate to get down, into the hatch, UNDERGOUND which just happens to be where 'it' tried to drag Locke. Maybe not the best idea, but what else can they do? I'm also very disappointed that there's no conversation between anybody on what they just saw, between Hurley, Locke, Jack and Kate.

To answer a couple questions..Walt's abilities have been hinted at. The way that he was reading about a specific type of bird, and getting frustrated at his parents not paying attention to him, then the bird suddenly appeared and splattered against the window. Then again, after reading Hurley's comic book, with the polar bear, and then a polar bear appearing out of nowhere on a tropical island. However, this doesn't explain how he could see into the future just by touching Locke's hand, which was a major turn-off for me, because it's a completely different power to have. I hope they make good on it.

oNeWiNgEdAnGeL, that link is great. Thanks a million for it. I'm trying to get the video to load, but my connection is being screwy today. As for the picture, looks like a pair of eyes and a nose to me. I'm not sure about the other one, though, from the Pilot. I've been staring, but haven't seen anything yet. Care to elaborate?

Random hillbilly pirates? Sir, I scoff at your theory! Personally, I think they're the ghosts of pirates from the Black Rock. They're trying to find their missing dubloons and they think Walt's psychic abilities can help. Yarrrrr! No, I'm just kidding. I don't know, really.

[quote name='Greetard']...

And what did Mike find in Sawyer's shirt that made him worry?[/QUOTE]

Wasn't it the gun? I started watching this show 3/4 through the season and thought it was really good. I hope they replay the season somewhere, or I'll have to wait for the DVD set.

i still say this, The island is a middle ground between heaven and earth. the others are demons. Remember when it tried to drag Lock down the hole. I think if he went down the hole he would of turn evil. Remember he said let me go I will be okay Or something like that cause hes sort of evil now. Remember the stones they found in the cave Light and dark. Meaning that there is a battle between the forces of Good and evil. The people who was on the plane crash are the good (white pieces) While the others are the Evil people who are trying to turn the white pieces onto their side. the island tempted Charlie with the drugs and he took them instead of turning away from the drugs. the probally want the children to kill?

Remember they said the numbers are bad? maybe it was a spell Cast on it to keep the evil from coming out.... Remember how Kate said that one of those numbers had a connection to her. So those numbers might be link to some people in the past that had to fight this evil and locked it away. The evil was able to get out and wants its revenge for all the time that its been locked away.

Remember Lock said the island brong those people to the island (as the force made them come to the island to get revenge on the people who lock the evil force away Many years ago) Didnt that french women say something about the other went Mad (that could mean that Spirts took over their bodies )

why you see the monster one minute and not the next is it could be a phatom ..

What is intersting in tv guide didnt it say next season we would see more of that teacher who got Killed last night???????

and notice that i said Lock away a lot and one of the persons name is lock. Remember that Jack said that he was worried about Lock once the Door was opened. Watch next season as Lock joins with the Others and Jack leads the army of good for a major battle for earth.

then again i might just be totally wrong but it would make some since

Interesting theories, slidecage. The people downstairs get TV Guide, so I read a lot of the article in it when I checked the mail, heh. I remember reading that about Arzt, and being in disbelief when he blew up. Just another red herring I'd imagine. As for good vs. evil, I think it's a possibility, but I tend to believe things aren't just in black and white, so I can't really see things going that way. I mean, that's just me, so I could definitely be wrong. There have been a whole lot of things pointing that way though, like you said. One other thing to add would be the backgammon being played between Locke and Walt ;)

I think it'd go more the way of faith vs. religion, personally, especially after what Jack said in the last episode, about there being a 'Locke problem'. It only makes sense that Locke has faith in the island, because he's witnessed firsthand one if its 'miracles', healing his legs. But, we'll have to wait and see, really.

Interesting thing about Locke's name. A friend of mine pointed out the significance of his name a couple months ago, they he could be the key to the 'lock' of the island. Then I got to thinking, what if it's the opposite, and he were to act as the 'lock' of the island, by refusing to tell others its secrets? Certainly would be more fitting. More food for thought on the topic of significance of names; What would you easily describe Walt's powers as being? Simply, he's brought drawings of animals to life. Can you think of any other famous Walts to do this? ;)

I looked it up too, evilmregg :p I still think it's a pretty obvious red herring, but it's still neat to imagine, nonetheless.

And, lastly, after using Animation Shop to look at the animation posted before ( http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~ms322801/lostturbineenhanced.gif ) frame by frame, I finally realized what it was we're suposed to be seeing. Looks like a little black object flies over towards the engine, and then swoops up, to the left, and out of frame. Reminds me of a UFO by the way it moves, but it could easily be more of the mysterious black smoke that we saw in the finale, around the monster. Interesting that it's been there since episode 1 and everyone has missed it until now. I checked out the Special from a month ago, and confirmed that it IS in fact there, but it's amazingly quick. Interesting, very interesting.

The comic the fat guy was reading on the plane I'm almost positve was a DC Flash comic. The object/Monster on the show moves like the Flash.

edit: not to sure it was a GL comic like someone else said, looked like Flash to me, but the scene was quick.

[quote name='cag1000']The comic the fat guy was reading on the plane I'm almost positve was a DC Flash comic. The object/Monster on the show moves like the Flash.

edit: not to sure it was a GL comic like someone else said, looked like Flash to me, but the scene was quick.[/QUOTE]

I thought It was green Lantern comic because I know I saw GL's ring. Now that I think about it the Green Lantern comic was there for Walt. Walt has GL like power, without the ring. He made the Polar Bear appear and in Aust. he made the bird appear after reading about it.

All this lost talk and no one has talked about how the rest of the people on the raft are going to get back on the island. Anyone have an idea how far out to sea the raft got ?

I want to say a few miles or so, but its hard to say since we don't know around what time they left. They can't be too far...but I think they will find their way back to the island and encounter the people from the tail section of the plane.

Random hillbilly pirates is one of the funniest freaking things I've ever heard in my life. It would be a good country-punk band name.

The smoke images look like the Snuggle fabric-softner bear to me for some reason.

And I don't understand the swooping "surfboard" that destroyed the turbine. I don't know what it is, and I don't get why anyone/thing would do that to it. It was doomed anyway.

Lost is quite great, though.

I liked the whole Arzt thing as well. I liked how he brought up the clique situation, lest we forget there are more than like 10 people on the island. The funniest line was when Hugo said "Jack, uh, I think you've got some.....Arzt ....on you." Classic stuff.

But the whole Chris Webber leaving at the end thing really threw me for a loop ;)

If you look closely at that video, there is actually a second "surfboard" that suddenly appears and then moves away right as the explosion happens. Look to the left of the guy that is running to the right(near his head).

[quote name='KingDox']All this lost talk and no one has talked about how the rest of the people on the raft are going to get back on the island. Anyone have an idea how far out to sea the raft got ?[/QUOTE]

Did Sawyer get shot? He might bleed to death before they can get back to the other survivors. I think the only way they can survive is to grab on to the wreckage and float back to the island where they came from.

[quote name='mookiemeister']Did Sawyer get shot? He might bleed to death before they can get back to the other survivors. I think the only way they can survive is to grab on to the wreckage and float back to the island where they came from.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt they're going to kill Sawyer. He's one of the most interesting characters on the show, and important for the love triangle with Jack and Kate.

Sawyer got shot but no way is he going to die.
Were the Others that ready for them to have a raft? That one blond girl had a glass jar bomb thing ready. Why was Walt on the raft anyway? I didnt pay attention to that part. I just remember he gave his dog to that girl and hoped on the raft.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Sawyer got shot but no way is he going to die.
Were the Others that ready for them to have a raft? That one blond girl had a glass jar bomb thing ready. Why was Walt on the raft anyway? I didnt pay attention to that part. I just remember he gave his dog to that girl and hoped on the raft.[/QUOTE]

Because he wanted to be with his father. They were finally bonding.

bread's done
Back