Second BB DVD glitch involving free 300 preview discs

karkyco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
EDIT: Okay so apparently, you don't even need to purchase a DVD or anything else to get these 300 Preview discs for free! Just have the clerk ring them up (they will each say $9.99), and when he/she is done, the window will pop up telling him/her there is a special deal, he/she will hit enter, and the price will drop to $0.00 for these discs! You may need a cool clerk who won't stop you from getting away with this, though. And again, I wouldn't recommend trying to take every single one - too much risk and hoarding sucks! Please just take a couple.

Free movie ticket in each one (and of course, at the multiplex, if you want to go into another theater and see something other than 300, that is another option...but come on, 300 is going to be AWESOME) along with a preview disc.

/EDIT

I posted this under the BB BOGO DVD glitch thread, but figured some people may not be interested in those DVDs but may still want the 300 preview discs (including the free movie cash) and also for those whose BB stores didn't put out the 300 discs until today.

I did this twice yesterday, once at lunchtime and once after work, so it was working as of yesterday's COB. Here's the deal. The 300 Preview discs are free with any DVD purchase, and is supposed to be 1 free 300 disc w/ every 1 DVD you purchase (I've also heard some stores limit it to 1 free 300 disc per customer), but at checkout, as long as you have any DVD rung up, ALL the 300 discs become free.

I'm betting a LOT of this will depend on whether or not you get a cool checkout clerk who will let this happen, but as far as their computer system goes, the discs are not tallied up and compared 1 to 1. You may even get a clerk that doesn't bother scanning the 300 discs and just throws them in the bag.

Meaning you can go and find the cheapest DVD that Best Buy has, and grab 2 or 3 (don't be greedy!) of the 300 discs, and they will all come out free. I do not recommend going overboard with this and grabbing every single 300 disc in the store, but if you want to buy a DVD and grab 2 copies of the 300 disc to take a date, this is the ideal method. PLEASE DO NOT HOARD.

As you are checking out, give the clerk the DVD you are purchasing first. It will ring up. Then give him the 300 discs, if there is any problem say "oh according to the ad, these are free...please ring them up for me." Each one will come up as 9.99 but the "special deal" window will pop up and after the clerk hits enter/return, each one will go to 0.00.

Thanks to Polly for providing us with the link on where the 300 free movie money/ticket (good for up to $10.50) can be used:

http://www.hollywoodmoviemoney.com/usa/

[quote name='yukine']I won't be able to make it over there until Thursday, hopefully the glitch holds up until then... I was going to originally pay to go see this, so this is perfect timing.[/QUOTE]

I can't make it til Thursday either. I need this deal to go through.

[quote name='D_Icon']Does the Nine Inch Nails song play in the background on the extended trailer too?[/QUOTE]

yep, "Just Like you Imagined" off of The Fragile.

Grabbed about 5-8 dvds in the past few days and got 4 free tickets. Thats it for me. No need to be greedy since Im obviously not going to see it 15 times.

[quote name='Mojimbo']fuck me, IMAX tickets for Hollywood movies cost $0.50 more than the maximum amount. :whistle2:/[/quote]i was wondering, can u just pay the difference? any1 have any experiences

[quote name='jmillion']i was wondering, can u just pay the difference? any1 have any experiences[/quote]

I was able to pay the difference before when i had Movie Cash for Superman Returns.

[quote name='Pookymeister']I was able to pay the difference before when i had Movie Cash for Superman Returns.[/quote]thx for the info. i might try that out

So far I have two of the discs and might get more. Basically me and my friends plan to see it twice in one day (once in iMax the other in a normal theater) because we have too much free time and love the graphic novel.

Also, I love how on the 300 PSP trailer it says 300 versus a million yet they can only get up to 8 people on screen at once.

[quote name='Yusuke-Urameshi-']The B1G1 glitch seems to have been fixed, anyone know if this one has?[/quote]

The 300 DVD deal is an advertised special, not a glitch. It's advertised as free with any DVD purchase in the week's flyer.

Good luck finding them anymore, though.

[quote name='nazrad']If anyone else is interested the free 300 works with HD DVD.[/QUOTE]

Sure does, I did it with some Blu Ray dvd's today as well, plan on returning 2 of them, I only wanted Ice Age TM, and they take the 20 off of each disc in equal amounts

Also picked up a couple of the NIN samplers (2 HD DVD, and one BluRay)

Not a bad haul 2 movie tix, Ice age BR, and a few NIN HD and BR sampler discs for a little over 22 bucks

I have pictures to post later tonight

I bought three Tony Hawk project 8 DVD's for 1 cent each and got 3x 300 discs for free.

I also bought a copy of Torino 2006 for $1.99

$2 something for a game, three movie tickets, and three DVD cases.

[quote name='sarausagi']I have pictures to post later tonight

I bought three Tony Hawk project 8 DVD's for 1 cent each and got 3x 300 discs for free.

I also bought a copy of Torino 2006 for $1.99

$2 something for a game, three movie tickets, and three DVD cases.[/quote]

Damn, you go player!

Outstanding.

[quote name='yukine']I'll be able to get over there today, so hopefully this glitch is still working... and I can find 3 of these damn things![/quote]It' not a glitch; the b1g1 was, and that has been fixed; this is advertised online and in the ad in store.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']It' not a glitch; the b1g1 was, and that has been fixed; this is advertised online and in the ad in store.[/quote]

...but isn't the glitch being able to get multiple copies of the preview disc by only purchasing one DVD?

[quote name='yukine']...but isn't the glitch being able to get multiple copies of the preview disc by only purchasing one DVD?[/quote]Oh, right. Sorry misunderstood.

I actually heard you don't have to buy ANYTHING - just bring up the promo discs and they total $0. I'm trying it tomorrow...

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Oh, right. Sorry misunderstood.

I actually heard you don't have to buy ANYTHING - just bring up the promo discs and they total $0. I'm trying it tomorrow...[/quote]

Wow, that would be unreal. They ring up at 9.99, but I thought because the computer found a DVD already scanned in, that is why it popped up the window with the deal and dropped it to 0.00.

Let me know if they just ring up as 0.00 with nothing else purchased.

Or even funnier, if you get a couple of 300 discs, and they cancel each other out.

[quote name='karkyco']Wow, that would be unreal. They ring up at 9.99, but I thought because the computer found a DVD already scanned in, that is why it popped up the window with the deal and dropped it to 0.00.

Let me know if they just ring up as 0.00 with nothing else purchased.

Or even funnier, if you get a couple of 300 discs, and they cancel each other out.[/quote]Someone on DVDtalk said the CSR at Best Buy rang up the promos seperate, before their discs, and it went to $0. Then they did a seperate transaction for the dvd's. I'll let you know what happens later though, I'm going tonight. Hope there are some left. I hate living 45 minutes away :p

If anyone can ship me at least 3 (6 would be best, only want tickets), I'll pay them or trade them something on my list. Trying to get tickets for me and my friends on the cheap.

It worked out for me, I picked up 3 DVDs and then looked around for a cheap DVD. All I could find was DVDs for $9.99, until I decided to just pick up Clue for $6.00.

What's funny, is that the employee working was surprised all three rang up for $0.00. He said he should pick up 20 of them and sell some on the street. :roll: (I guess I know why my Best Buy had a bunch of empty spots, for the $2.00 clearance!)

Okay so I went to BB tonight and can also confirm that the discs ring up at $0. I went to customer service to ask if they could give me the discs for the movies I bought on Sunday since they weren't available then.

There was some guy returning a laptop in front of me, and he took like 15 minutes, which really sucked. Then when I told the lady working what I wanted to do, she said she had to ask a manager and I might not be able to since there were "no rain checks". Well, I don't know how it would be considered a rain check since nobody was able to get them, it's not as if they were sold out or that I had gotten some slip from someone. But I figured I'd wait and see what happened.

So she returns about 5 minutes later and says it's ok. She then scans them in... and gets confused, saying that something was 'odd'. I figured it was that the items rang up as $0, but I didn't want to act like I knew too much so I just let her proceed to call over another employee and then gawk for like 2 minutes. Finally she said, "Well it's what I wanted to do anyway so oh well." Geez! Personally I would have immediatly thought, "one less thing to credit off" and then checked it out later. But in the end it worked out great.

OH and I also picked up 3 FFXII Art Guides for a penny each... very surprised to see them, they were priced and everything. I'm checking again soon I think.

Anyone try returning the DVD they bought? I'm thinking of trying that and getting the 300 discs free, like the $5 MS Points cards from last year.

Also, keep in mind that you *can* be shady and use the 300 movie cash to see any movie. Just buy a 300 ticket and walk in to any other theater to see what you want. I plan on seeing 300 with my girl and then maybe the following week seeing something else.

What a great deal! I picked up 4 dvds and 4 movie tickets plus 3 superman statues for $23!

[quote name='aw004g']Also, keep in mind that you *can* be shady and use the 300 movie cash to see any movie. Just buy a 300 ticket and walk in to any other theater to see what you want. I plan on seeing 300 with my girl and then maybe the following week seeing something else.
[/quote]

Prob would be easier to just get the 300 ticket in advance, then exchange it for the movie you want to see later. That way you don't have to worry about the schedule.

Allright, so does anybody have any suggestions for any super cheap dvds? I'm going to stop over there in about an hour on my way to work.

[quote name='Machikunas']Allright, so does anybody have any suggestions for any super cheap dvds? I'm going to stop over there in about an hour on my way to work.[/quote]

Well, apparently you don't even need to purchase a DVD or anything else to get the 300 disc to be free. They ring up at $9.99 then go to 0.00 once the clerk totals it up.

[quote name='Machikunas']Allright, so does anybody have any suggestions for any super cheap dvds? I'm going to stop over there in about an hour on my way to work.[/QUOTE]

Rome S2 episode 1, or the HBO sampler. The former is free, the latter is 1 cent.

I brought the ad with me in case, when i got stranger than fiction for 11 bucks with 5 dollar reward zone certificate. The chick was like it says 10 dollars on it. I was like....yea...but it says if i get a dvd..........

seconds later

oh you're right.

Its kinda pathetic....they hire nimrod's like that, and I applied there like 5 years ago, and they turned me down. I know more of whats going on in they're store than the employee's. I work a lot better job now, and with higher pay. Quite fine by me.

When I went with my sister to get my mother her birthday present, season 1 of the Dog Whisperer, I was able to pick up 3 right then and there with no problems. At least now me, my partner and one room mate have free tix to go to it

I have an extra movie (no ticket) if somone wants it. I know no one probably will, but there's gotta be some kind of collector out there who didn't get a chance to grab it.

as a current manager at a movie theater (woo, go cinemark!) i can tell u that these hollywood movie dollars are good for ANY movie, not just the one advertised, that is what all theaters are supposed to do, but we just dont tell anyone. honestly, if i were yall, i would hoard the fuck out of these things and see free movies for the next 2-3 months (depending on the expiration date)

The way we ring these up are just like cash (some like credit) so there is nothing within the systems that say "wrong movie, can not sell" essentially making them currency to use on any movie the theater is currently showing.

But that doesnt mean you arent gonna get a dick of a box office worker, tho.. :p

[quote name='Pestilence']as a current manager at a movie theater (woo, go cinemark!) i can tell u that these hollywood movie dollars are good for ANY movie, not just the one advertised, that is what all theaters are supposed to do, but we just dont tell anyone. honestly, if i were yall, i would hoard the fuck out of these things and see free movies for the next 2-3 months (depending on the expiration date)

The way we ring these up are just like cash (some like credit) so there is nothing within the systems that say "wrong movie, can not sell" essentially making them currency to use on any movie the theater is currently showing.

But that doesnt mean you arent gonna get a dick of a box office worker, tho.. :p[/quote]

Damn, I wish I knew that... I would of grabbed a couple extras.

[quote name='v0yce']Can anyone confirm that this is still working this week?[/quote]

It definitely works, if you can find them. They will ring up at 0.00. You may need to check with the worker peons in the DVD section to see if they have any more, but I wouldn't trust them.

Check around the obscure and "special interest" section, they seem to put stuff like this there if they have any left.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Mine rang up $10. It is going back to the store. I bought it with a dvd even and still no go.[/quote]

Why did you even take it home? You should of mentioned it being free with a purchase of a DVD.

i didnt see anymore @ my BB. and i didnt feel like asking. its cool tho. i got a few. go see 300 on Friday @ the iMax and go see another movie on Sat. thx again CAG!

[quote name='yukine']Why did you even take it home? You should of mentioned it being free with a purchase of a DVD.[/QUOTE]

I was in too big of a hurry to get out with my penny guides and didn't want to bring any attention to myself from manager types.

[quote name='jmillion']used two of them to see the midnight showing. paid the difference. which was 50cents. =)[/quote]

Stupid theater wouldn't let me pay the difference for the IMAX.
Wound up telling the cashier to use them to buy normal tickets and then just upgrade those to the IMAX. After she tried to buy matinee priced ones first and me telling her to try again, I finally got it to work and paid the $3.75 difference(instead of $3 like it should have been).
Help up the line for 15 minutes in the meantime :applause:

bread's done
Back