Second-hand PSP: To fix or not to fix, that is the question

schwartzvald

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
So I got a PSP-3000 off CL. It's in great physical shape, but like so many second-hand PSPs, the screen has light scratches all over, from an idiot leaving it around without a screen protector or case. The scratches don't affect affect gameplay too much, since the system is backlit, but it's cosmetically ugly, to be sure.

So now I want to sell it. I was going to offer it in my TL first, then send it to eBay, but I'm at a crossroads.

I have the tools and knowledge to replace the faceplate with a new, scratch-free aftermarket one. I have no warranty on the system to void. So I ask CAG opinion. Should I replace the scratched faceplate? I'd be using an official Sony OEM faceplate replacement... the more I read, the less I can trust HK aftermarket stuff.

Or maybe it doesn't really change the value of the system no matter what I do?

CAG thoughts appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion, I don't think replacing the faceplate is really going to change the price of it. Usually the scratches aren't a bother when it's on, so most people won't care. I think it would be a waste of money and time (though it doesn't take that long to replace) to buy a replacement case.

If I was in your situation, I would sell it as it is now and leave it to the buyer to replace the faceplate.

How much would an OEM screen cover cost? I definitely would pass on a scratched PSP (pretty much why I haven't gotten one yet), but it might not be worth it if it's going to cost you over $20 to fix.

bread's done
Back