second shipment already!!!!!

If Anyone Has Anyone Info On Where To Get A fucking Wii Let Me Know Because I Pick Up My Zelda Preorder Tonight!!!

i got the info strait from the manager/customer service rep(got conformation of it from 2 diff. people), it is the manahawkin walmart, (08092) by LBI, no info on how many, but they got 30 on launch day, and should be recieving the order relitivaly soon., good luck, josh A.K.A. xxxpaddler:D

Yeah my EB Games got a few in this morning, and said that they expect more shipments before this Friday.

I called the walmarts around me today and unfortunatly both times I got a person who could barely speak english. I asked when their shipment would come in and I got the same response, "No, don't know." So I think I'll just take a ride and see for myself if they get any in tonight or tomorrow morning.

[quote name='Mex25']I called the walmarts around me today and unfortunatly both times I got a person who could barely speak english.[/QUOTE]

What a shock.

I just read somewhere that Nintendo plans to have about half of the 4 million consoles this year (real year) come to the Americas. That's 2 million Wii's in 6 weeks, not bad.

[quote name='David85']What a shock.

I just read somewhere that Nintendo plans to have about half of the 4 million consoles this year (real year) come to the Americas. That's 2 million Wii's in 6 weeks, not bad.[/quote]There's analyst speculation that they may have sold over a million of them yesterday.

There is not a chance of Nitnendo getting enough systems out anytime soon. It will be MASSIVE in Japan.

[quote name='David85']There is not a chance of Nitnendo getting enough systems out anytime soon. It will be MASSIVE in Japan.[/QUOTE]

The question becomes, how much stock did they initially have at the local Wal-Mart, EB, or Target? I'm guessing they held back just a little bit since the supply seemed a lot more limited then Nintendo initially promised.

[quote name='Draccius']My Target got in additional systems and controllers today, as well.[/QUOTE]

Which Target was this?

I called the 3 Lansing Targets (west, south, east), all of which had none and said they hadn't gotten any today.

Did you see them on the shelf or do you work there?

Thanks,
-Aaron

The second shipment should hit most places tomorrow and be put out Wednesday.. but you didn't hear that from me.

At the major chains, anyway (Target, WalMart, BB, CC).. dunno when EB, GR and GC get theirs.

[quote name='Scorch']The second shipment should hit most places tomorrow and be put out Wednesday.. but you didn't hear that from me.

At the major chains, anyway (Target, WalMart, BB, CC).. dunno when EB, GR and GC get theirs.[/QUOTE]
Where'd you hear this? If this is true, that's great for people who didnt get a Wii on launch day.

The gamestop here today got alot of packages while I was there I had to go though so I forgot to ask if they know when they'll get their next shipment if any wiis were in they're i'm gonna call them tommarow as soon as they open.

I called Target again tonight and i actually spoke with someone who didnt give me the run around and was very polite. Im not sure if this is universal with all targets but she said to call around 8AM because that is when things get stocked and if they do get Wii that day thats the best way to find out.

Thankyou Target lady whomever you are

[quote name='Onifrio']I called Target again tonight and i actually spoke with someone who didnt give me the run around and was very polite. Im not sure if this is universal with all targets but she said to call around 8AM because that is when things get stocked and if they do get Wii that day thats the best way to find out.

Thankyou Target lady whomever you are

My local Walmart (Southeast PA) is out of everything but games, and even those are limited. Saw plenty of Tony Hawk (some of the worst cover art ever), three Excite Truck, two Red Steel, one Zelda.

[quote name='j_factor']I really hope this is true. I'm gonna go around to 8 different stores tomorrow morning.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just call the places? That's a lot of time and gas you are wasting. I don't see the point.

some employees will simply not know
i know my managers very well and even they do not know a single thing about when we're getting more wii's in at circuit city so if someone comes off as rude they either dont know what the hell a "wii" is or they really don't know..
if i knew i'd make a thread, but i don't

[quote name='SaMiDaDrAgOn']Why don't you just call the places? That's a lot of time and gas you are wasting. I don't see the point.[/quote]

Because on the off chance they do actually have one, if they don't know, they may just say no to get you off the phone, or they won't hold one for you since there are probably going to be people around to buy it anyways.

I figured it would play out like this. Smaller launch shipment than normal, then the 'steady trickle'. Nintendo wants getting this console to be like a fucking treasure hunt, where its prospective owners get up each day not with abject hopelessness permeating their gaming soul (see: PS3), but a good ol' 'pep in their step', because "Today could be THE DAY!"

Making getting the console a game within itself seems 'cute' on the surface, and suggests that most wanting a Wii will be met with success by Christmas, but it's got to be more annoying than anything to those doing the 'questing'. Good luck, kiddos.

[quote name='jollydwarf']I figured it would play out like this. Smaller launch shipment than normal, then the 'steady trickle'. Nintendo wants getting this console to be like a fucking treasure hunt, where its prospective owners get up each day not with abject hopelessness permeating their gaming soul (see: PS3), but a good ol' 'pep in their step', because "Today could be THE DAY!"

Making getting the console a game within itself seems 'cute' on the surface, and suggests that most wanting a Wii will be met with success by Christmas, but it's got to be more annoying than anything to those doing the 'questing'. Good luck, kiddos.[/QUOTE]

That's what I've been doin, and that's what I've been thinkin'.

Just made my daily round of calls, no one has them but Wal Mart did say that they are gettin' "9 more". They didn't say when, or within what time frame, just 9 more... Which really makes me think.Why would the guy tell me that. I mean they will eventually get tons of them. Unless he was tryin' to allude to somethin soon. Probably on BF. I haven't called EB or GS.

Well my theory on all this is....All the major Wii holders TRU/Target/Wallmart/CC
Are holding whatever wii stock they have right now till BF.

Thank goodness my mother is going out at midnight thursday night for BF shopping with 5 of her friends. Ill cheer her on when she punches someone in the face for the last wii.:applause:

[quote name='Onifrio']Well my theory on all this is....All the major Wii holders. . .are holding whatever wii stock they have right now till BF.
[/QUOTE]
From what I've gathered in numerous calls and visits, I would say you are right on the money.

I pre-ordered it on October 29th at Toys R Us and they lost mine. They said they don't even know when they're getting more in but I'm the first to get it when it does. I even threaten to call news stations so I doubt there will be more on Black Friday.

Which is precisely why I won't even think about buying the Wii until well after Christmas. I just don't have the time to do a scavenger hunt for the console and the accessories. I can wait until the consoles hit the shelves and actually stay there for more than ten minutes.

[quote name='jollydwarf']
Making getting the console a game within itself seems 'cute' on the surface, and suggests that most wanting a Wii will be met with success by Christmas, but it's got to be more annoying than anything to those doing the 'questing'. Good luck, kiddos.[/quote]

Welp, went around, nobody had any of course. Some guy at Best Buy said that they will have some on Sunday but definitely not earlier. The clerk at Gamestop said to try back on Friday, and the clerk at EB said to try back tomorrow.

[quote name='dothog']From what I've gathered in numerous calls and visits, I would say you are right on the money.[/quote]

Yup, when I called a Gamestop by me, they said their store will have more Wiis on Friday.

I'm going to see if they will let me pre-order it, Black Friday is insane enough as is.

[quote name='jollydwarf']I'm going to see if they will let me pre-order it

I'm thinking...prrrrrobablllly not. Sorry.[/quote]

Eh, you never know. At the very least, have them hold a system for me. I know the people who work at my local Gamestop pretty well.

Regardless though, I'm going to get there as fucking early as possible.

just to let you guys know, my walmart(manahawkin, nj) also has about 10-15 copies of zelda, excite truck and other launch games on the shelves, but i did not see any controllers.

Crazy, I have yet to see a copy of Legend of Zelda. The only thing I can seem to find is that SpongeBob game, and Excite Truck.

[quote name='yukine']Crazy, I have yet to see a copy of Legend of Zelda. The only thing I can seem to find is that SpongeBob game, and Excite Truck.[/QUOTE]

Funny had no problems finding Zelda, local Target has a stack even now.

[quote name='yukine']Crazy, I have yet to see a copy of Legend of Zelda. The only thing I can seem to find is that SpongeBob game, and Excite Truck.[/QUOTE]

Every place except Sears had Zelda, and they only had 2 copies. I bought one. I didn't get a Wii yet, but I don't want to be hunting for that too when I do actually get my Wii.

I am planning on trying to pick one up Friday however I have called my local Gamestop, Babbages and EBgames and they are telling me they will not have them in on Friday. Also my best buy told me they wouldnt have them on Friday and the online circular only has Wiis in the Sunday paper. Target has told me they dont know when they will have them in.

This Walmart near me said they haven't even gotten their first shipment yet. All the other stores around me give the typical "We get them when Nintendo sends them". I find it hard to believe they're completely clueless as to when more are coming.

bread's done
Back