Second Shipment Information

el bobo

CAGiversary!
http://www.planetxbox360.com/?view=article&article=571

Major Nelson has spoken about the "incorrect" information from retailers about further shipments of Xbox 360 units. He has said that they shall be shipping more units weekly.

Visiting family here on the east coast, I took the opportunity over the past couple of days to stop in at various retailers in Southern New England to check out what people were saying about the Xbox 360. One thing I noticed was there is a large amount of incorrect information floating around regarding shipments of units. (One store (incorrectly) told me that ‘Microsoft won’t’ send us anymore until March.’) I double checked with the retail team, and while I can’t speak to each retail outlets specific distribution strategy, I can tell you that we (Xbox) have a weekly replenishment strategy. That means that we have new shipments of Xbox 360’s being sent out each week. If you hear that a store won’t get Xbox 360 from Microsoft until next year, you may want to gently remind your source that we in fact ARE shipping consoles out each week. The moral of the story is be patient and (once again) don’t believe all the rumors you hear.

Source: Major Nelson

*Note It does not mention the amount of 360s that are being shipped*

Yeap I said this in another thread before, MS even said themselves in their e-mail a week ago. The only people who will tell you otherwise are eBayers or EB/GS themselves because they got so many people still waiting on their pre-orders (although im assuming most who got jipped out of the pre-orders just camped out and got theirs elsewhere).

[quote name='Monsta Mack'] The only people who will tell you otherwise are eBayers or EB/GS themselves ...[/QUOTE]

And Target/kmart/Walmart etc. retailers because they have gotten no info from thier warehouses. Its been poorly exececuted by just about everyone

[quote name='SpottedNigel']And Target/kmart/Walmart etc. retailers because they have gotten no info from thier warehouses. Its been poorly exececuted by just about everyone[/QUOTE]

I am laughing because my local Best Buy and Circuit City have already gotten their second shipments in and waiting on their third. It's funny because my other local stores have no idea when they will get anymore. I am happy thought because within the next month or so we will start to see refurbished and used 360s pop up so that lessen the price somewhat.

Hopefully PC Richard will be getting them in the week, which means a good employee discount for me :D

no BB's or Targets around me know anything about this "every week" thing. This guy is talking like it's common knowledge that they'll be out each week.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yeap I said this in another thread before, MS even said themselves in their e-mail a week ago. The only people who will tell you otherwise are eBayers or EB/GS themselves because they got so many people still waiting on their pre-orders (although im assuming most who got jipped out of the pre-orders just camped out and got theirs elsewhere).[/QUOTE]

It's spelled gypped. It's a racial slur against gypsies, which is fine by me because those bastards will try to cheat you out of everything you own.

[quote name='Tromack']It's spelled gypped. It's a racial slur against gypsies[/QUOTE]

Really? I had no idea. I thought it was just a common word that meant "cheated out of."

[quote name='rabbitt']Really? I had no idea. I thought it was just a common word that meant "cheated out of."[/QUOTE]

Well, Gypsies are basically thieves and scam artists, so getting "gypped" is the same as being cheated out of.

there must be several Gypsies on here then.

But about the info, this is supposed to be common knowledge but retailers still don't know jack about it. It's like they like to have their customers pissed and asking the same questions over and over. I know that's not true but it does seem ridiculous that they wouldn't make an effort to know more realistic info than "March".

[quote name='Bezerker']Well, Gypsies are basically thieves and scam artists, so getting "gypped" is the same as being cheated out of.[/QUOTE]

They are also werewolves you know...!

they are just a nomadic group of people and some of them steal and swindle...not unlike a carny.

Carnies smell like boiled cabbage. Atleast gypsies are hot.
chocolat073.JPG

[quote name='uzumaki_star']I am laughing because my local Best Buy and Circuit City have already gotten their second shipments in and waiting on their third. It's funny because my other local stores have no idea when they will get anymore. I am happy thought because within the next month or so we will start to see refurbished and used 360s pop up so that lessen the price somewhat.[/QUOTE]

I work at Circuit City and know about 3 people who still work at Best Buy here. It's been a week now and no shipment has arrived for either sotre. Nor has any shipment been logged as ordered or in-transit in our inventory at CC (which is normally what happens right before we get a restock of an item).

I'll put it this way, both MS and our xbox rep said we'd get at least 15-20 in on launch day. We got about half that. So basically either the shipments are only concentrated in very high traffic markets or Microsoft is blowing smoke up the collective asses of retailers and customers once more.

Just phoned my local Target and the operator said a Microsoft Representative came in yesterday and told them the earliest shipments would be in January 2006, meh.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']I work at Circuit City and know about 3 people who still work at Best Buy here. It's been a week now and no shipment has arrived for either sotre. Nor has any shipment been logged as ordered or in-transit in our inventory at CC (which is normally what happens right before we get a restock of an item).

I'll put it this way, both MS and our xbox rep said we'd get at least 15-20 in on launch day. We got about half that. So basically either the shipments are only concentrated in very high traffic markets or Microsoft is blowing smoke up the collective asses of retailers and customers once more.[/QUOTE]

Again I am thinking that...

Why do some of us...myself included automatically believe the MS story but not the various retailers we are calling?

PC Richard on Long Island is getting a second shipment this friday, for walk in customers. I'm getting one held aside for myself, from a friend of mine that works there.

Tried called best buy, circuit city, and walmart today and none of them seemed to know when they would be in stock.

[quote name='Ozzkev55']PC Richard on Long Island is getting a second shipment this friday, for walk in customers. I'm getting one held aside for myself, from a friend of mine that works there.[/QUOTE]

which pc richards?

I called Target and Circuit City today. They really don't know, but they said probably next year." The assfucks at Best Buy aren't answering their phones.

[quote name='Southberm']which pc richards?[/QUOTE]
Im not sure, I think its the one on Sunrise highway. Ill see if I can put aside one for you.

I was at my local TRU today... asked the lady at teh front counter...

Mang! she was a bitch... she said "we'll never goin to get any... never til next yr.!"

"try ebay, it's about $1000"

even tho my meijer said they will be gettin some this week or next... I'll see I guess..

my gamerush manager said he was told "one premium a week." If this is true, I guess I have two more weeks until my preorder is fulfilled.

I'm gonna try my WalMart tonight, the Electronics guy to me to call either at night (around 9) or in the morning (around 7), hopefully the 'end of the week shipment' rumor was true.

[quote name='Shayde']I'm gonna try my WalMart tonight, the Electronics guy to me to call either at night (around 9) or in the morning (around 7), hopefully the 'end of the week shipment' rumor was true.[/QUOTE]

WM wont have anything until Dec 12th at the earliest.

[quote name='Shayde']Where did you hear this from?[/QUOTE]

The last Dept 5 COMAC sent via email at work. ;)

Haha, this is surprising I thought I'd be all pissed that I didn't have one by now and I'm not exactly happy but I have more important things to worry about than a game console.

the big shipments are coming at the middle of the month. i talked to cs at sams club. my preorder will ship from them no later than the 15th. so you figure that walmart will get them in that same range.

bread's done
Back