Second Video Card DOA from Newegg

maxim2boobles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I originally posted this in eggxpert forums.

I recently received my second (RMA) graphics card from newegg and it has the same problem that my previous graphics card experienced. The card does not display video on boot, it just beeps/whines non-stop until i power off the computer. I thought it was my motherboard so i bought a new MB but it still has the same issue. My friend tested the graphics card on his PC with same result. My other graphics card works fine with no problem. I have enough power (850w) and enough ram. My computer meets all the specs required by the card.

I'm unable to submit a third RMA because its been over 30 days since i purchased my original card. My second card RMA was placed on 1/25/2011.

I have spend $800 on computer parts from newegg and now i have $800 paper weight because they keep sending me DOA video cards.

Did you try calling them directly? In my past experience newegg has had good customer service and I would think they would be understanding in a situation like this.

I don't know why you didn't work with the vendor to RMA it, since it wasn't NewEgg's responsibility to fix the issue past 30 days.

You also wasted 15% of your purchase price on having NewEgg handle it as a open-box return. The vendor would have RMA'd it without any issue being that new of a card.

They charged you a restocking fee on a dead video card? Why? They can't restock it.

Did you challenge them on the restocking fee? Or were you just relieved to get some of your money back, so you didn't want to rock the boat?

[quote name='maxim2boobles']They offered to send me third replacement or store credit. I chose store credit with 15% restocking fee[/QUOTE]

Man. I would have gotten all of my money back and then some. They are ripping you off or you are letting them.

bread's done
Back