SecondSpin.com 20% off AND free shipping

bantheradio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I am not sure if this has been mentioned already but...

SecondSpin.com is offering 20% off and free shippings placed on all items when using the following code:

heynow

While this doesn't necessarily apply exclusively to games (the site sells used DVDs, CDs, and Video Games), I figured it would be good to post here. There are a number of great deals to be had (if they have the used item in stock).

For instance, I just placed an order for Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii) for only $27 shipped.

I've ordered from this site before and received my games with cases and inserts. All items looked as though they had never been used.

Enjoy.

I'd like to pick up the Halo 3 Limited Edition, but I worry that it's going to arrive terribly scratched due to its bad packaging. Bah.

Do they guarantee they'll have case and instructions or is it luck of the draw? (Too lazy to check...)

[quote name='wubb']Do they guarantee they'll have case and instructions or is it luck of the draw? (Too lazy to check...)[/QUOTE]
I believe so. There's some GBA games I've spotted, but I'm curious if they guarantee GBA boxes.

[quote name='wubb']Do they guarantee they'll have case and instructions or is it luck of the draw? (Too lazy to check...)[/QUOTE]

no guarantee... most do, but if you're getting older games, i.e. ps2, xbox, or gamecube (especially gamecube and xbox), don't expect that the original case/manual will be included.

that said, i got a nearly brand new copy of mass effect le from them about a month ago for about $25.

There policy to accept game trades from you is that they require case/manual, so i've always presumed that the games they send you would also have case/manual. I THINK every game i've gotten from them from PS2/Xbox/Xbox 360 have all had cases and manuals.

ordered Lost Odyssey and two cds.

After many lengthy conversations with their customer service, I've ascertained that they only guarantee the game disc (a different policy from their music CDs). Games should include case and manual, but they could be in any condition. I've received games from them with cases so broken that they could neither snap shut nor hold the disc, and I've received manuals with covers missing and pages torn in half. It's definitely luck of the draw, which is something I can't abide, even at those prices.

[quote name='zenintrude']no guarantee... most do, but if you're getting older games, i.e. ps2, xbox, or gamecube (especially gamecube and xbox), don't expect that the original case/manual will be included.

that said, i got a nearly brand new copy of mass effect le from them about a month ago for about $25.[/QUOTE]

You probably will not get the original case, but if you don't get a manual, or incomplete manual, contact them. They usually send another one without requiring you to send back the first one. Unless they have changed their policy lately this is what I have experienced. I then take the first game and trade it in to GS/EB.

:360: Earth Defense Force 2017 for $11.99 (plus tax?).

Go buy this now. So worth it at this price. I'm tempted to buy a copy for a friend! :D

Might be some decent HD DVD deals from this as well.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']http://www.secondspin.com/games/product-detail.jsp?id=2294314
Mario Kart Double Dash $11.99

http://www.secondspin.com/games/product-detail.jsp?id=1030703
NBA Courtside (N64) $0.62

http://www.secondspin.com/games/product-detail.jsp?id=2557428
Madden 06 360, $1.59

http://www.secondspin.com/games/product-detail.jsp?id=2694709
Balls of Fury, Wii $4.80

http://www.secondspin.com/games/product-detail.jsp?id=2181503
Mario Sunshine, $11.99[/quote]

Wow...did Secondspin just pull a GameStop move and raise prices? MKDD and Mario Sunshine are showing up at $14.99 for me. Basically, this would mean they raised prices 25%...to offer a 20% off with free shipping coupon.

And here I was thinking I'd place an order tonight. Thanks Secondspin. You saved me some money. I've bought a lot from them in the past, but I'd almost advise you guys to stay away from this one just out of principle.

EDIT - Retarded :dunce:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I believe so. There's some GBA games I've spotted, but I'm curious if they guarantee GBA boxes.[/QUOTE]

I've ordered 5 GBA games from them over the past year. They all came with boxes, but they were all in poor condition. 2 of them were missing manuals.

I've been waiting for this deal to come back up. I got Resident Evil 4 Wii for $12 and change last time, and it came in excellent condition. Maybe I'll cruise the Wii section again tonight.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Those prices Yoshi listed are AFTER the discount. Your math is off, 20% off of 14.99 is 3.00, making the games 11.99.[/quote]

Oh...my bad. I guess it was throwing me off because it's after discount, but before tax. But my math was correct...just my reasoning was f'ed, lol :bouncy:

Well, I'm in for DOA4 @ $10.26. I'd order more but let's see how the condition of the game is when I get it...

Hmmm. Think I might try grabbing Saints Row, GRAW, and maybe Just Cause this time around. Thanks for telling us the code's back. Had nothing but good experiences with Secondspin.

I shouldn't even have looked since I don't have a job at the moment, but I did. The only game I picked up was Paper Mario for the GCN for $6.39, but I was also able to get Want by 3OH!3 and Ludo's self-titled album for much cheaper than I've ever seen them.

secondspin is the best. Ordered a bunch of games last time this coupon was up and nothing but goodness.
I'll order once they have Fallout up there [and the savings=DOA4 maybe, and Oblivion]. :p Might take a bit.

[quote name='groundskeeper']They usually send another one without requiring you to send back the first one. Unless they have changed their policy lately this is what I have experienced. I then take the first game and trade it in to GS/EB.[/QUOTE]This happened to me the last time HEYNOW was active, so I'm pretty sure this (unwritten) policy is still in effect!

This always works great on multiple cheap items because of how much you save on shipping... time to go CD shopping!

does anyone know if they let you return games that are in poor condition or are missing manuals all together?

My wife and I have sold a ton of CDs to this site in the past. She picks up any CD's she finds during garage sale season for pennies and we make a decent click off them. However, when selling to them, the discs and cases have to be immaculate or they send them back! So it's kinda surprising to hear the games aren't in good condition but I've never bought from them though or sold games to them so I can't attest to that.

They've really seemed to get skimpy on their buying prices lately, and the prices do fluctuate so I'm not shocked to hear they'll jack the price up by 25% for a 20% sale. I'm sure you can find some good bargains though if you look hard enough.

woops never mind "rush" shipping just so happen to cost the amount the discount was taking off so it was like paying full prices for them.

[quote name='Pookymeister']bought 30 cds for $60, woo[/quote]

You need to post which ones you got so we can make disparaging remarks about your taste in music. C'mon, you know how the internet works.

[quote name='guessed']You need to post which ones you got so we can make disparaging remarks about your taste in music. C'mon, you know how the internet works.[/quote]

I'll post what I bought:

At The Drive-In ~ Vaya
AFI ~ All Hallow's EP
CROWDED HOUSE ~ TEMPLE OF LOW MEN
Crowded House ~ Woodface
James ~ Laid
Longpigs ~ Sun Is Often Out
NINE INCH NAILS ~ BROKEN
Richard Ashcroft ~ Alone with Everybody
Sister Machine Gun ~ Metropolis
Stabbing Westward ~ Wither Blister Burn & Peel

The ATDI CD was the most expensive at $3.02, followed by Richard Ashcroft at $2.95.

[quote name='evanft']I'll post what I bought:

CROWDED HOUSE ~ TEMPLE OF LOW MEN
Crowded House ~ Woodface
James ~ Laid
NINE INCH NAILS ~ BROKEN
[/quote]

WIN. The others are probably good too, I'm just not as familiar with them. To me, Crowded House went downhill after Woodface, which I think is their best overall album. Laid is an amazing album, too.

[quote name='guessed']You need to post which ones you got so we can make disparaging remarks about your taste in music. C'mon, you know how the internet works.[/quote]

The whole Duncan Sheik catalog

[quote name='Pookymeister']The whole Duncan Sheik catalog[/quote]

Loved his self-titled album, but did not care for Daylight. Haven't listened to his other stuff.

I've had so-so luck with their used games lately (ex-rental discs with disc shields, a couple of missing manuals, and Gamecube games in generic DVD cases). :whistle2:|

I hope I have better luck with my recent orders...

Scored the last DK Jungle Beat with Bongos and Donkey Konga with Bongos for $13.67 shipped!

Thanks YoshiFan1!

For those interested, my game and two CDs showed up Friday (though I just got them from my parents' house today).

Paper Mario - Complete, even has that white piece of paper and the register code paper. Some of the papers have some gray spots on them that are sticky though.

Ludo - The corner is very sticky, and the door is very loose (if I were to hold the case face down it would open up). Disc and booklet were included. Book is wrinkled a little.

Want - Very good condition. Book is a little wrinkled in spots too.

[quote name='DemonAlcohol']Is this dead? I tried entering heynow as a promo code and it comes back as invalid.

If so, too bad. I found some real nice deals.[/QUOTE]

It worked for me last night...may be dead now.
I can't say enough good things about these guys....ordered 4 CDs last week and they are already here in absolutely mint condition.

[quote name='WaTony']Scored the last DK Jungle Beat with Bongos and Donkey Konga with Bongos for $13.67 shipped!

Thanks YoshiFan1![/QUOTE]

Games and bongos arrived quickly, complete and in perfect condition. The discs and bongos inside look like they've never been touched. Couldn't be happier.

very nice catch on the donkey konga + jungle beat with TWO bongos! tempted to grab some myself, tho I guess i'll have to wait til another 20% off sale...sux i missed this just barely

bread's done
Back