SecondSpin.com - 20% Off & Free Shipping for orders over $30

BustaUppa

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
apply this code at checkout: FSTWENTY
good until January 1st 2009.

basically it's a nerfed version of the beloved "HEYNOW" code (which gave the same discount with no minimum purchase)

Mini-FAQ for those who aren't familiar with Second Spin:
- affiliated with the FYE family of stores (same inventory as Wherehouse.com)
- most CAGs agree that their used product is among the best-maintained of any retail outlet
- they tend to be very good with returns so buy with confidence (I've personally had a few cases where they just ship me replacements without asking for the originals back)

While this bothers me, I can come up with $30, so I'll place an order.

Ordered R.O.D. TV volumes 3 and 6, Teen Titans season 2, and Yu Yu Hakusho Volume 1 as filler to get over $30.

Came out to $25.71. Not too bad considering the two R.O.D. volumes would be $22 alone at Rightstuf, and that's on sale. And SecondSpin really might as well be new.

yes, fye credit works. during checkout theres a little link near the bottom left. around the shipping and tax area. should say something like apply giftcard.

picked up:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Season 1 - Part 2
Used DVD - Price: $24.79

Dan in Real Life [Blu-ray]
Used DVD - Price: $8.78

Kingdom [HD-DVD]
Used DVD - Price: $7.42

School Rumble, Vol. 2
Used DVD - Price: $12.79

Credit Applied: ($-58.22)

Probably won't buy there as the prices for Blu Ray looks like a FAIL pretty much, but might actually consider Selling to them. Too bad I couldn't use the code for that. xD

[quote name='VipFREAK']Probably won't buy there as the prices for Blu Ray looks like a FAIL pretty much, but might actually consider Selling to them. Too bad I couldn't use the code for that. xD[/quote]

Well the going rate of credit is $5 cash (or Blockbuster credit) to $12.50 credit. So at that rate, a $25 blu-ray is only around $10 actual cost (less if you go the GS -> BB -> FYE route)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193992

[quote name='Rocko']They're legit. Nothing to be worried about.[/quote]

thanks, just ordered some Geneon titles from them that I wanna grab before the price goes through the roof :D

Great site! I bought Sailor Moon Super S complete season for my wife a few months ago and I'd be surprised if they'd ever been watched.

Picked up ROD TV 1, 2, 3, and 7 LE (with artbox). Now I can go pick up 4, 5, and 6 from Rightstuf and not have to pay the ridiculous ebay prices for a complete set!

Tempted to get Gankutsuou, but it's been on sale on Rightstuf several times in the past for cheaper.

I just need R.O.D. volumes 4 and 5 to complete the set. I passed on the high price of the art box. I'm hoping to find a good price on those.

[quote name='Rocko']I just need R.O.D. volumes 4 and 5 to complete the set. I passed on the high price of the art box. I'm hoping to find a good price on those.[/quote]

I would've much preferred to have the LE book case, but I'm not willing to fork out the $130 for it on Amazon (granted, that is for the complete set). I figure I'll pick up 4, 5, and 6 from Rightstuf at $11 a pop and walk away with the complete set for around $80. More than I would have liked to spend, but such is life.

Made one last check before the code expires and found R.O.D. TV LE Vol 1 and Professor Layton DS. Now I'm going to have two copies of ROD Vol 1 and the artbox...

My first order arrived today. It's in fair condition - probably the worst I've ever gotten from secondspin. One of the DVD cases was scratched and ripped up. Luckily everything inside was in good condition. The R.O.D. LE Boxset (Vol 7 w/ figure) was missing the figure, though all of the packaging was there for it. :cry:

I just sent off an email to get a replacement. I've heard good things about their customer service, so here's to hoping it doesn't take too long.

[quote name='thelonepig']My first order arrived today. It's in fair condition - probably the worst I've ever gotten from secondspin. One of the DVD cases was scratched and ripped up. Luckily everything inside was in good condition. The R.O.D. LE Boxset (Vol 7 w/ figure) was missing the figure, though all of the packaging was there for it. :cry:

I just sent off an email to get a replacement. I've heard good things about their customer service, so here's to hoping it doesn't take too long.[/quote]

thanks for the update.

i really hope you get the replacement though.

was gona order but figured that i should wait for reviews.

[quote name='Rocko']A replacement for the R.O.D. figure? Good luck with that.[/quote]

I'm hoping more that they'll just send a replacement on the entire Vol 7 LE.

EDIT: Just checked my email. They're quick at replying. I've got a postage-paid return label and they're sending out a replacement. :D

[quote name='thelonepig']I'm hoping more that they'll just send a replacement on the entire Vol 7 LE.[/QUOTE]
Did the description on Second Spin say that it included the figure?

bread's done
Back