Secret Base

dayglo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Anyone else here a collector of Secret Base/Super 7 vinyl? I finally have a few days off work to go up to Tokyo for an extended weekend, and the new Batman Skullbrain is at the top of my list of things to buy. I want an Obake as well, but I have no idea what color sets I'll be able to find. Maybe a skull toy as well...

For those that have no idea what I'm talking about: http://www.secret-b.com/

$35 or so and up, but the rarity and color set can increase that number exponentially. I've heard of rainy day color sets (ones only sold when it is currently raining outside), and chasers (special, unadvertised color sets) selling for upwards of $250. It's an incredibly specialized market, obviously. People that buy vinyl is already a fairly narrow market, and Secret Base collectors narrow the market even more.

I only fairly recently got into Secret Base stuff, so this will actually be my first big spending spree at their store in Tokyo. We'll see what happens. I'll put up pictures of my purchases when I get back to Nagoya on Sunday.

I collect though not as much as I would like to and I'm not really perticular on which company puts them out (still trying to pick up a few odd Lau toys I still need). The Batman Skull figure is fucking bad ass looking but I doubt I'll pick one up due to secondary prices (I expect that one to be quite expensive in a few months).

I got tired of trying to track down an Eric So Hellboy, so I figured I'd start collecting Secret Base and maybe some Bounty Hunter stuff, since I can relatively easily get to the actual stores (excluding the trip by night bus...that should be fun).

Oh, and inside the Batman Skullbrain is plush innards from old batman bed sheets. I'm really curious if they're going to do a superhero series, or atleast a Robin color set to match.

I got tired of trying to track down an Eric So Hellboy, so I figured I'd start collecting Secret Base and maybe some Bounty Hunter stuff, since I can relatively easily get to the actual stores (excluding the trip by night bus...that should be fun).

BASTARD!!! :)

I wish I could go to one of their stores. I would be as happy as a pig in shit even though I would be broke as all hell. Hopefully one day I can go to Japan.

My biggest problem is mark up for importing, If it wasn't such a premium, I would buy a shit load more.

Well, I'm back, and brought with me a B-Man Skullbrain. I also thought it over, and made a second trip to SB for the single, purple Obake Dog. I couldn't justify $100 for the set, though. The purple works well; it is the same shade as the purple snorkin' labbit I brought with me from Austin.

I was surprised at how limited their back catalog of vinyl they have at the store. They had a little inset in the wall, barred by heavy looking gates, with one of (I assume) every variation of vinyl figure they've released. Then there's some clothes, and a small shelf with whatever they currently have in stock (which consisted of 5 items or so). I didn't have room in my luggage for a Medicom King Skull Brain, which is a good thing, since today they announced a new color for it.

bread's done
Back