Section 8 only 9.99 on PSN!

[quote name='z3razerviper']Downloading now 5 bucks is a decent deal. Since I dont do gamesharing. I like saving money but since I used to code for a living I like to support other developers.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I understand that. I guess if theres a game I feel is worth full price I'd buy it for my main account also. If that's possible. They should get every penny they deserve one way or another.

I never realized how god awfully slow my wi-fi PS3 connection is. 110 minutes for the 3.6gb download. 88 minutes left to go.

Amazon is OOS of a digital game? What the bollocks?

(listen, I know it means out of codes, but that's still rather silly - isn't inventory the kind of thing the digital distribution age was supposed to overcome?)

wow can't believe I got the Marvel LBP pack and Section 8 from amazon for dirt cheap!

Gotta love CAG! :D

[quote name='ShockandAww']

I never realized how god awfully slow my wi-fi PS3 connection is. 110 minutes for the 3.6gb download. 88 minutes left to go.[/QUOTE]
That's alot faster than my wired connection...

[quote name='AXV1']That's alot faster than my wired connection...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought that was slow because I was talking to someone else and thought they had already downloaded the whole thing in like 15 minutes. They hadnt though so I feel a little better now.

It's still retarded that it's 2010 and I have to wait over an hour for a 3.5GB file download. The US needs to get with it. Hopefully in a few years we can look back at these speeds and laugh.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah I thought that was slow because I was talking to someone else and thought they had already downloaded the whole thing in like 15 minutes. They hadnt though so I feel a little better now.

It's still retarded that it's 2010 and I have to wait over an hour for a 3.5GB file download. The US needs to get with it. Hopefully in a few years we can look back at these speeds and laugh.[/QUOTE]

Thats not really the U.S......you might need to switch providers. I downloaded Record of Agarest War in barely 40 minutes, and its waaaaay bigger than Section 8

Also, PSN seems to have cruddy download rates. (Compared to what i can pull online or on XBL)

great deal, but if I play another shoddy multiplayer FPS, I run the risk of throwing my controller through the wall
$5 bargain - $35 DualShock - $100 Drywall/Paint = epic fail for me

[quote name='petersa1d']Definitely, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Its sharable from Amazon.

Game demo and unlock appear in the downloaded folder like any other purchase.

I'm glad I missed out because I would have wasted $5. I bought Fracture for $6 off glyde thinking surely it couldn't be that bad. I'm 2 hrs in and have no desire to continue.

5 bucks!!! ... hell yea!!! got that trash last nite b4 i hit the hay...completely worth it for 5 bucks ...this will tie me over til blacklight comes out for ps3

Damn it. And they guy who said the deal didn't get it XD

I thought these deals lasted at least a whole day. Son of a bitch XD

Should've played the demo when I got at at 2:30 this morning instead of sleeping, then BOUGHT IT. *fuck*

Well maybe I'll wait til the end of the week see if they restock

Just finished playing the demo and all I can say is that the $5 price on Amazon would of been a steal. It took me a few minutes to get used the controls and feel of the game, but once I did, I had a blast. Unfortunately, I couldn't play the game online (demo servers are either full or unavailable apparently), so this impression is coming from playing single player against the bots!

I'll keep an eye out on Amazon throughout the day to see if they restock. Here's hoping soon.

[quote name='Serpentor']Before, there's a NOT AVAILABLE button, now it's blank.... can't buy it for $4.99 :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Actually this may be a amazon.com wide problem right now. For some reason, any online code to any game is not available/blank.

Hopefully they will restock the code soon for 4.99, but its a possibility that Sony told amazon to back off on selling it at that price since psn is featuring a 9.99 sale point for this week.

*edit*

The game went from blank back to currently unavailable. There is still hope on this game being restocked soon, but may not be for 4.99 (im guessing 9.99).

Last edited by a moderator:
Wondering if this game has the old "This game has been played on another account. Please wait 24 hours before attempting to play this again" lock on it just like Warhawk when trying to game share. Anybody figured it out yet?

Damn. It's back up to $10.

Knowing how poorly this must be selling, seems like it will inevitably be free for PS+. I would have jumped on it for $5 but I'll wait at $10.

[quote name='loc0bob']Wondering if this game has the old "This game has been played on another account. Please wait 24 hours before attempting to play this again" lock on it just like Warhawk when trying to game share. Anybody figured it out yet?[/QUOTE]

I played it on a different account from the one I downloaded it on (same system) and there is no lock out message.

$5 for SSF2THDR is a great deal.

I didn't really enjoy the demo of Section 8 but I may have bought it if it was still $5.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Would have thought about it at $5, but not at $10. On a positive note, for anyone still looking for a deal, it looks like Amazon just dropped the price on Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix. It is supposed to be $14.99, but it is priced at $4.99. Didn't want to start a new thread, as I wasn't sure if it was at this price recently.

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Street-..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1RP8Y64R22RNWTJ3F9E6[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip! I got a SF code. $5 is the best deal I have seen.

[quote name='GameOnJohn']I played it on a different account from the one I downloaded it on (same system) and there is no lock out message.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the update. Now to harass my friends at work tomorrow to throw down a few bucks on this to gameshare it. The work of a cheap ass gamer never ends.

I think the game is pretty awesome, it just wasn't advertised enough (unfortunately) and not that many people bought it, especially since it came out on the same month as Halo 3 ODST. But for 5-10 bucks, it's a great deal.

bread's done
Back