Security Seals..... should'nt all new games have them?

snotknocker

CAGiversary!
I purchased a bunch of games from the toys R us sale and just noticed that quite a few of my ps2 and all of my gamecube purchases do not have security seals. Should'nt all games have a security seal on them? it's kind of weird but I never noticed before.

[quote name='AFStealth']No gamecube games have them, as far as I know. Some PS2 titles don't as well.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I'm pretty sure it's recent PS2 stuff. For some reason they've stopped doing the seals. Seems really stupid to me.

Do they still put seals on some PS2 games?

it's weird. I know when I bought Guitar Hero (PS2) it had a top security sticker seal on it. With Shadow of the Colossus (PS2) though it didn't have one.

well, the "security seal" sticker is an indicator. THere's nothing secure about the sticker. It's all about that plastic rectangle thing that's usually stuck to the inside of the case somewhere.

They stopped putting them on ps2 games, I used to like them because it made looking through stacks of games easier since you just had to look at the top label.

What I hate is how Gamecube games can come from the factory with the thin shrinkwrap or thick folded shrinkwrap (even the same game but different copies can have both types of shrinkwrap and be factory sealed). It makes it impossible to tell if the game you are getting is factory sealed or not.

What I like about EA games is that they put their own security sticker at the bottom of the case and some EA games actually have the EA logo printed on the shrinkwrap (games with thin shrinkwrap) which helps

[quote name='zionoverfire']Why? Are games somehow more new if they've got a banner on the top?[/QUOTE]

No. it's just something I just noticed that I never noticed before

I have noticed that all of the games I have bought recently did not have it. I think the only problem on our level is people on ebay resealing games. However for the retailers it means easy to steal games, false returns, etc.

bread's done
Back