Seeking a Wii (retail) instock on Oahu, HI

soulyogurt

CAGiversary!
I have a friend hell-bent on getting a Wii this week, we are in Kailua, HI. Do any CAG's work or know of someone who works in a place that has a Wii instock or can reserve a fellow CAG one coming in this week?

We're in Kailua, but will come to you to pick up.

Thanks ever so much,

Soulyogurt
[email protected]

There are some Oahu CAGs, unfortunately not that many. Also unfortuantely, I have no information on when anymore shipments are coming in. I always watch CAG and get the information, as I've already purchased 6 Wii systems.

You can always try GameStop/Software Etc., as they get new shipments of stuff in daily to their stores. Shipments come in anytime from lunch to the early afternoon. So if you feel like hanging out in a GameStop/Software, then that may be a good bet (not a very fun bet though).

Also, Toys R Us in Pearl City gets huge shipments in every so often, but they no longer hoard the shipments in, so you actually have to be there when they come in to get them.

If you are really desperate for a Wii, you can try Toys N Joys. The one in Pearl City didn't have any left as of yesterday, don't know about the Kaimuki store. They are charging $599, and it comes with 1 game of your choice. Robbery: yes, but if you are desperate. They even import the Japanese Wii consoles, so if you don't mind playing JPN only games, you can try getting one of those (which will no doubt be even more expensive than the US one).

Also, sorta off topic. But someone should really start a Hawaii CAG list or something. Heh.

[quote name='hack']There are some Oahu CAGs, unfortunately not that many. Also unfortuantely, I have no information on when anymore shipments are coming in. I always watch CAG and get the information, as I've already purchased 6 Wii systems.

You can always try GameStop/Software Etc., as they get new shipments of stuff in daily to their stores. Shipments come in anytime from lunch to the early afternoon. So if you feel like hanging out in a GameStop/Software, then that may be a good bet (not a very fun bet though).

Also, Toys R Us in Pearl City gets huge shipments in every so often, but they no longer hoard the shipments in, so you actually have to be there when they come in to get them.

If you are really desperate for a Wii, you can try Toys N Joys. The one in Pearl City didn't have any left as of yesterday, don't know about the Kaimuki store. They are charging $599, and it comes with 1 game of your choice. Robbery: yes, but if you are desperate. They even import the Japanese Wii consoles, so if you don't mind playing JPN only games, you can try getting one of those (which will no doubt be even more expensive than the US one).

Also, sorta off topic. But someone should really start a Hawaii CAG list or something. Heh.[/quote]

Well, maybe not having as many of us is a good thing--who needs more hoarders and ebay resellers, eh? ;)

Anyway, I would have to agree that GS is your best bet. Ask a manager and they will be able to tell you if there are more on order and about when they expect to receive. Beyond that, you just have to keep checking in periodically with the usual suspects (Wal-Mart, CC, BB, etc). Don't forget Toyriffic, which I think has the same distributor as Toys N Joys.

[quote name='gunm']Well, maybe not having as many of us is a good thing--who needs more hoarders and ebay resellers, eh? ;)[/quote]

While I of course, totally agree about the hoarding and reselling, it'd be nice to have a few more active local CAGs. More people to lookout for local deals, or even more people to converse with here on the forums.

Ok. Thats enough of the Internet. Back to Need for Speed Carbon.

bread's done
Back