Seeking to get into a fun long lasting good looking game.

ChuckZ

CAG Newbie
I'm looking to get into a new video game at a fair price.
I'm just recently finally finishing,
Resident evil 6

I've completed the god of war trilogy including the PSP HD ports, although I haven't tried Ascension .

I hate the idea of just making another title in a series for the sake of it being the next blockbuster or money. I want to play a game because it has a good plot and is interesting or exciting the last game I played I really enjoyed was finishing the mass effect series.

I haven't tried the new Battlefield 3 DLC, I've finished all the assassins creed titles and enjoyed them all.

I don't know what else to say

Someone did once recommend me to play Final Fantasy 13.

Dragon's Dogma will keep you busy for a long time.

Dark Arisen came out which includes the original game + expansion for $40.

Skyrim

It's probably my favorite game, followed closely by DDO. Oblivion is a decent substitute if you are a cheapass, you can get the GOTY edition for $10 or so online.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']I can't recommend Ni No Kuni enough (if you are a JRPG fan especially)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8MghakYkS4[/QUOTE]

Ive played the demo and it didnt seem to catch my attention to much it felt like it lackes something or was too "kidi"
for me to continue interested. Although I love and appreciate ghibli studios. Hows the plot is gameplay get better as the story develops?

[quote name='whoknows']Dragon's Dogma will keep you busy for a long time.

Dark Arisen came out which includes the original game + expansion for $40.[/QUOTE]
Ive never checked out dragons dogma, is it like skyrim? I played skyrim and got pretty far with my character it was pretty dope, the voice acting was a bit pale lol but the game was cool, i havent tried the skyrim download content though.

Whats dark arisen about?

[quote name='burritoman']Skyrim

It's probably my favorite game, followed closely by DDO. Oblivion is a decent substitute if you are a cheapass, you can get the GOTY edition for $10 or so online.[/QUOTE]
What's DDO? Like i said in my previous post "I played skyrim and got pretty far with my character it was pretty dope, the voice acting was a bit pale lol but the game was cool, i havent tried the skyrim download content though."

=================================

I was also considering picking up Defiance on the count of I enjoy Sci-Fi..

[quote name='ChuckZ']Ive played the demo and it didnt seem to catch my attention to much it felt like it lackes something or was too "kidi"
for me to continue interested. Although I love and appreciate ghibli studios. Hows the plot is gameplay get better as the story develops?

[/QUOTE]

I played the demo too before buying the game and it also was a huge turnoff for me; I thought it was terrible.
The game is a much better experience though; I got 50 hours from the main story alone (I barely did any side quests) and the end had me tearing up. The battle system gets intense and becomes extremely addictive; it's like a mixture of Pokemon and the Tales series.
The plot is just amazing throughout. Believe me it won't disappoint you. Does it have some childish themes? Yes...but it doesn't take away from the overall quality of the game.

[quote name='ChuckZ']

Ive never checked out dragons dogma, is it like skyrim? I played skyrim and got pretty far with my character it was pretty dope, the voice acting was a bit pale lol but the game was cool, i havent tried the skyrim download content though.

Whats dark arisen about?
[/QUOTE]

It's like Skyrim in the sense that you get a huge world and you accept missions and do stuff. I think Dragon's Dogma is the better game though gameplay-wise.

Dark Arisen is the expansion. Not sure what the story is in it since I haven't gotten to it yet though.

the uncharted series is pretty fun

Demon/dark souls are fun but ridiculously hard games

Metal gear series is also really good ive played 1,2,3, Peace Walker, and plan on getting 4 eventually. there all pretty soild i wasnt a fan of 2 that much but i loved 1, 3, and peace walker

[quote name='doctor lollypop']the uncharted series is pretty fun

Metal gear series is also really good ive played 1,2,3, Peace Walker, and plan on getting 4 eventually. there all pretty soild i wasnt a fan of 2 that much but i loved 1, 3, and peace walker[/QUOTE]

If I may ask, how have you played all of them except MGS4?? It's amazing and wraps the entire series up perfectly! I would recommend you play it sooner rather than later :)

I have Metal Gear for PSX and I havent played any others but I have always wanted to try it.

I might check out Ni no Kuni as well.

[quote name='doctor lollypop']the uncharted series is pretty fun [/QUOTE]

I love Uncharted I've played them all. The most amazing Platformer and story! Cant wait to see wait they do with "The Last of Us" it must be amazing. I know the uncharted series definitely delivered.

[quote name='ChuckZ']I love Uncharted I've played them all. The most amazing Platformer and story! Cant wait to see wait they do with "The Last of Us" it must be amazing. I know the uncharted series definitely delivered.[/QUOTE]

If you like Uncharted I would also recommend the new Tomb Raider; better gameplay imo (inferior story though)

If you want a fun, long lasting game on the cheap, I highly recommend Saints Row the Third or Just Cause 2......it's impossible to stretch your gaming value further than those games do.

Well I have some games that I want to trade in to get some value on. Is gamestop having any trade-in promotions? Or would it be a better idea to place them on eBay or on these forums?

[quote name='ChuckZ']Well I have some games that I want to trade in to get some value on. Is gamestop having any trade-in promotions? Or would it be a better idea to place them on eBay or on these forums?[/QUOTE]

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/trade-in

Depends on the games; you can call GameStop and ask what the tiv's are then decide for yourself what the better route is

[quote name='ChuckZ']I have Metal Gear for PSX and I havent played any others but I have always wanted to try it.

I might check out Ni no Kuni as well.[/QUOTE]

+1 on MGS. If you liked the PSX game, then you would love the other ones. The Metal Gear series has some pretty intense story lines and excellent replay value (especially MGS3).

[quote name='doctor lollypop']the uncharted series is pretty fun

Metal gear series is also really good ive played 1,2,3, Peace Walker, and plan on getting 4 eventually. there all pretty soild i wasnt a fan of 2 that much but i loved 1, 3, and peace walker[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. Uncharted series is one of the PS3 exclusives to play. Played all three on the PS3. Run and gun action game with puzzles are always fun.

MGS is prob the one series where I will buy a handheld to play (thank god they ported the ones I wanted to play). Metal Gear Solid Legacy is coming out July 9 so I'd wait for that bundle(retail: $50).

Totally agree with highoffcoffee496. Got to get on MGS4. Atleast before Phantom Pain comes out yo.

Quadrupling the Da/DeSouls theme; if you want a game with some challenge and a fun, but minimal, story, those two are your best bet. I like Dark Souls a little bit more because of how many kinds of playthroughs that you can sink into it. Especially once you get good enough: doing a no-shield run is all kinds of fun, and gods it has a headache or six if you can deal with the challenge.

Oh, and Dragon's Dogma. I'd wait on Skyrim though, as the Legendary edition is coming out soon (in less than a month), and it'll have all of the DLC on it. Dark Arisen is going to add a new dungeon, several new enemies, and (so I heard) about 26 more hours of game play.

Give Dragon's Dogma a shot, and, if you like the same vein, throw out the extra cash to try Kingdoms of Amalur. That is a fun game. At least, the combat system is pretty amazing.

P.S. Ni no Kuni? If you can get past the kiddy themes, you're in for a ride. Oliver is one of the best protagonists I've seen in a long time. The story's heart-wrenching too, once you get deep enough into it. Plus, you can really sink your teeth into the side quests.

If you don't mind going back a generation, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker still stunningly beautiful, and is a blissful 30-40 hours (aside from the darn triforce fetch quest at the end):drool:

Skyrim obviously doesn't need to be mentioned, but I'll throw my hat in on that as well. I've spent over 25 hours and have barely made any progress on the main quest (so so so much to do).

Borderlands was a pretty decent length, and has a great art style. Recommend if you have some friends to play with.

And both Batman games are surprisingly long, and absolutely fantastic! Some of my top games this generation for sure:bouncy:

bread's done
Back