Sega CD

HarassmentPanda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys. I'm looking for a good deal on a Sega Genesis and Sega CD. I never owned those systems as a kid (I was an SNES guy), but I've recently acquired a copy of Snatcher for Sega CD and would like to play it on the real hardware. Any deals? eBay doesn't seem very ripe with bargains. Thanks!

I was going to sell a Genesis / Sega CD on Ebay but they weren't going for very much there. Ended up selling them at a yardsale with a 32X for $20...too bad you couldn't come :D . The only thing bad about buying these from Ebay will be the shipping, otherwise it's a buyers market - Ebay isn't too terribly bad for these items last I checked, maybe 50 bones for both shipped with some games? It may be cheaper if you get them seperate. I have another genesis but I'm keeping it.

Only alternative I know of will be thrift stores, flea markets, or oddball second hand indie videogame shops. Pawn shops are usually too greedy when selling old systems but another option. Maybe a cag has one in the trading forums? Not sure if this helps you in D.C..

There's a few sega compilations for the PS2 FWIW. Check them out!

I realize that you want to play it on original hardware, but most Sega CD's don't even work anymore. Mine crapped out.

Download Gens. You'll be able to put your Sega CD in your CD drive of your PC and just play it off the disc.

and for what it's worth.. Snatcher is one of my top favorite three games of all time.

Check pawn shops. Snatcher is worth it to track down an actual sega CD. Hell, you can tell from my name, sig, and gamertag what my favorite game is heh.

I've still got my copy sitting in its case. Best 25-30 bucks I ever spent. Best return I ever did to, as I returned a Sega Menacer and got Snatcher with it.

One thing you might want to do though is make an ISO of the disc and keep it on your PC, and burn the image to disc to play in emus. Thats what I did so I don't have to worry about messing up the original.

By the way, how much did you pay for your copy?

Pawn shops are probably going to be your best bet, but they are hit and miss.

Also, the prices are probably a bit higher than you want, but you can check estarland from time to time. They are currently out-of-stock on Sega CD systems at the moment though.

http://www.estarland.com/SegaCD.cat.HW.splatform.42.scategory.37.sorder.t.savail..html

Man, Snatcher is incredible that first time through. Got mine for $12.99 new at a Kay-Bees years ago. Got my Sega CD $29.99 new. Best cash I ever spent.

[quote name='Scorch']I realize that you want to play it on original hardware, but most Sega CD's don't even work anymore. Mine crapped out.

Download Gens. You'll be able to put your Sega CD in your CD drive of your PC and just play it off the disc.

and for what it's worth.. Snatcher is one of my top favorite three games of all time.[/quote]

The model 2 had a fuse that commonly crapped out but is damn easy to replace. I've done it to one and soldered it back in factory style which itself was a pain, but if you were willing to take some short cuts it would be pretty easy.

I've always wanted one, and would've picked it up, but the two games I want are just too pricey for me. (Lunar 1 and 2...heh.)

Snatcher is quite a good game. I have it still and will never get rid of it. You can also look for a JVC X'EYE, plays both sega cd and genesis games, thats what i use to play my stuff on.

God I want the original snatcher on sega cd. Still have nostalgic memories of that game. Wonder what it's worth?

Are there any news on the Policenaut series, by any chance ...?

The sega CD addons had a way of quitting out. But if you can find a Sega CDX, you will find they last forever. I bought mine new when they were released and never had or heard of an issue (besides the 32x fiasco).

segacdx.jpg

My model 1 keeps freezing up during gameplay; does the lens need to be cleaned/re-aligned or is the unit dying?

I found a CDX at a local Cash Coverters a year ago for $30 works great, though never get into nigh trap, the graphics just turned me off.

If the poster is still looking for a Sega CD w/ Genesis. I have a model 2 toploader model (no DOA power issues), and some model 1 and model 2 Genesises.

Send me a message and I can give you details/prices.

Also as been mentioned before by others - DO NOT buy a used Sega CD at thrift or pawn if it can't at least be tested first due to most of them having the dead power issues now. After it happened to me once, I won't buy them unless I can see that it works first, preferably from the owner and not third party like pawn/thrift, etc...

bread's done
Back