Storage - 500gb+ HDD
Perks - Touchscreen controller where the VMU screen was
Connectivity - WiFi - Bluetooth
Size - closer to the Wii but maybe a Xbox 360 Slim
Game media - Blu-Ray if not fully downloadable

dreamcrushed-sega1.jpg

18876-78578-dreamcast2andgamesjpg-550x.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm eventually going to pick up a VGA cable and/or an S-video cable for the Dreamcast. I might also pick up a Dreamcast compatible mouse and another keyboard for 2 player Typing of the Dead. I've been wondering what it is like to play Silent Scope with a mouse.

I've been a HARDCORE DREAMCASTER since I first played Capcom vs Snk, then got Shenmue as my second game. Maaaaan, I was blown away, and sucked right back into video games after a 5 year stint away. I LOVE the Dreamcast and EPIC games like Jet Set Radio, Grandia 2, Shenmue 2, and all the fighters. To this day i still look for the SUPER RARE DREAMCAST WATCH online. And I have th Dreamcast swirl tattooed on my left elbow. I'd love to own an original little Dreamcast kiosk, but the last time I saw one offered, the guy wanted like thousands for them. Anyone else??

I recently saw a DC kiosk from a guy in Ohio...I think he was wanting $300? Dunno if I could still dig up a link (or if it's even still available).

I need to buy a VGA switchbox so I can have my 360 and Dreamcast hooked up to my LCD at the same time. Dreamcast with VGA looks spectacular.

Still trying to rebuild my collection but I still have most of the important games.

Hey, maybe you guys can help me. I picked up this lot in a thrift store today and need help valuing it. Thanks guys:

It's an Official VGA box. The Sakura Set is from the standalone controller set that was separate from the console package. I've been trying to track down info on that particular lightgun. I turned the gray console over and realized it's a Japanese console. The blue one is interesting because it has no S/N that I can see though it is North American from the look of the plug for power. I'm surprised this stuff turned up in the group it was at a thrift store as this looks like stuff from a collector's collection.
IMG_2103.jpg

The blue case might be a case mod? I've been looking into buying a new one for my DC for awhile. Anyone know any sites to get one at?

I don't remember a blue one like that so chances are that is just a shell someone put on it. Chances are that is also why the blue one does not have a S/N. That is just a guess as I have never messed with them. The light gun is from the looks of things the Sega brand that is locked out from all US systems.

[quote name='sendme']I don't remember a blue one like that so chances are that is just a shell someone put on it. Chances are that is also why the blue one does not have a S/N. That is just a guess as I have never messed with them. The light gun is from the looks of things the Sega brand that is locked out from all US systems.[/QUOTE]

After some research it looks like it's an Electronics Boutique Exclusive.

I was the only kid out of my group of friends to love the dreamcast. Sure the controller was funky but once you got used to it, it was great. I spent countless hours playing Marvel Vs. Capcom, Crazy Taxi, House of the Dead 2, and the NFL2k1 games. The console was surely ahead of it's time and a lot of people underrated it with it's small collection of games in the US. I'm trying to re-build my collection now.

I need to pick up a system again, on my local cl a guy was selling the system, hookups, 3 controllers and 10 games for $30. He didnt list any of the games

[quote name='moop2001']After some research it looks like it's an Electronics Boutique Exclusive.[/QUOTE]

Sega of Japan actually released official cases for the Dreamcast, although it's only for the top half since it's super easy to swap (just 4 screws). It has the real DC logo (as seen in the photo) as well as the Sega and Windows CE at the front (after market cases wouldn't have those markings).

I bought one many moons ago from NCSX for $35. Can't find the link in NCSX, but here's another one
http://www.gameforfun.com/en/product.asp?product_id=3141

[quote name='Garfield']Sega of Japan actually released official cases for the Dreamcast, although it's only for the top half since it's super easy to swap (just 4 screws). It has the real DC logo (as seen in the photo) as well as the Sega and Windows CE at the front (after market cases wouldn't have those markings).

I bought one many moons ago from NCSX for $35. Can't find the link in NCSX, but here's another one
http://www.gameforfun.com/en/product.asp?product_id=3141[/QUOTE]

that may be what it is then. It's funny, because I thought there was a lot of info about the Dreamcasts out there as they are collectible yet affordable. It's been amazing trying to find info on this stuff.

Edit:
After some more quick research I came across this crazy guys collection. I think it is an official shell.
http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25769

You know what I miss?

The demo discs that came with a new system.

Man, they did not screw around. I must have played through The House of the Dead 2, Sonic Adventure, and Dead or Alive 2 demos a countless number of times.

I also remember being able to play Crazy Taxi and Ready to Rumble boxing at kiosks at my local Hollywood Video.

I miss that place as well...

[quote name='DrMunkee']You know what I miss?

The demo discs that came with a new system.

Man, they did not screw around. I must have played through The House of the Dead 2, Sonic Adventure, and Dead or Alive 2 demos a countless number of times.

I also remember being able to play Crazy Taxi and Ready to Rumble boxing at kiosks at my local Hollywood Video.

I miss that place as well...[/QUOTE]

yeah but that was a diff world, you can now download a Sonic Adventure or Crazy Taxi demo straight to your 360 HDD

BTW

after the Holidays I will revamp and edit page one to look better

[quote name='kube00']I need to pick up a system again, on my local cl a guy was selling the system, hookups, 3 controllers and 10 games for $30. He didnt list any of the games[/QUOTE]

Seems like a good deal regardless of what the games are.

[quote name='moop2001']Hey, maybe you guys can help me. I picked up this lot in a thrift store today and need help valuing it. Thanks guys:

It's an Official VGA box. The Sakura Set is from the standalone controller set that was separate from the console package. I've been trying to track down info on that particular lightgun. I turned the gray console over and realized it's a Japanese console. The blue one is interesting because it has no S/N that I can see though it is North American from the look of the plug for power. I'm surprised this stuff turned up in the group it was at a thrift store as this looks like stuff from a collector's collection.
IMG_2103.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Dude, you also got one of the limited time Y2K controllers (the black one on the bottom). The light gun you have there is the official Sega one that was only released in Japan. It won't work on an American version of House of the Dead 2, since they removed all light gun support from it, but if you can track down a Japanese copy, it should work.

Overall, VERY nice find. :D

On another note, anyone else spend god knows how many hours of their lives playing Phantasy Star Online?

[quote name='Tsukento']Dude, you also got one of the limited time Y2K controllers (the black one on the bottom). The light gun you have there is the official Sega one that was only released in Japan. It won't work on an American version of House of the Dead 2, since they removed all light gun support from it, but if you can track down a Japanese copy, it should work.

On another note, anyone else spend god knows how many hours of their lives playing Phantasy Star Online?[/QUOTE]

Light gun still works on my American version HOD2
Awesome find

I would love to find a Dreamcast with the ethernet port instead of a dial-up/phone jack. High speed Internet would be interesting.

In other words, I'd like to some day find a Dreamcast broadband adapter that connected directly to the system by switching out with the phone jack port/adapter. I was always curious how well the Dreamcast web browser worked beyond dial-up.

I just looked and 2 imported ones are going for 150 to 180. Would they work on a US system? I am thinking they will as the only hardware that I know of that was made to not work on a US system is the lightgun.

[quote name='Tsukento']Dude, you also got one of the limited time Y2K controllers (the black one on the bottom). The light gun you have there is the official Sega one that was only released in Japan. It won't work on an American version of House of the Dead 2, since they removed all light gun support from it, but if you can track down a Japanese copy, it should work.

On another note, anyone else spend god knows how many hours of their lives playing Phantasy Star Online?[/QUOTE]
I've got one of those clear black 'Millennium' controllers myself, I guess I shouldn't have used it so much. Got the matching VMU too.

By the way, does anyone know if they ever found that "special" last Dreamcast system ever made?

I think someone did. I thought it was reported online that someone did buy it and called the number on the disc that came with it.

Actually, I don't think anyone ever came forward with it. I've looked around online and found others wondering the same thing. There's always that awful image in my head that the person ended up getting rid of it or something, without caring about its value.

It was definitely the last one manufactured, seeing as how afterward Sega started selling only refurbished models. Plus it was signed by all of the bigwigs involved with the company, so either way it had some massive value behind it.

[quote name='kube00']Random note my buddy gave me his DC console the other day, no hookups or controllers. But I"ll take it.[/QUOTE]

1. sorry I have been neglecting my own thread

2. I believe a PS2 power cord will connect to it, a GameCube also I believe
that was a console generation that all the power cords were the same I believe

I picked up a complete copy of Powerstone last week in good condition for $9.99 at my local Play-N-Trade. They mostly have the old sports games (classics by the way) but they have some decent finds. I managed to grab a new DC on Amazon about 2 years ago for $70 and I'm glad I did. My original launch console died on me so I was able to hook up the new one and continue playing. Also managed to return to my game saves thanks to two new batteries in my VMU. I had a save from 1999! Lol!

2 things:

- Jumping back to the demo discussion, those discs with the Official Dreamcast Magazine were awesome. I guarantee I played the Virtua Tennis demo more than 95% of games I've ever owned. Seriously. I actually kept all the discs, too, which makes for a fun afternoon of going through them every few years.

- I only took the HDTV jump about 3 weeks ago, and my Dreamcast VGA box showed up over the weekend. My god, it's... it's... it's beautiful. That may be the finest money I've ever spent on anything ever. True story.

Sega addicts podcast were talking about Shenmue the other day. Man I remember that game. Time to track down the Xbox version of 2, mainly since its so cheap.

just gimme ikaruga on ps3 already, 360 has had it long enough.

I might start up another DC collection instead.....

I'm looking for bloggers and mods for my new site. Please contact me if you're interested. I'm doing this because dreamcast is awesome and its name must live on with the next generation.

@GTmaster39 your sig is very creepy

Question: My Dreamcast stops spinning discs then claims there is no disc, I cleaned the laser I THINK it's in the right spot I never used a bootleg game but I bought it used so who knows, worked perfectly before the dying was kinda random.

ALSO: Dreamcast rules.

bread's done
Back