Sega Genesis $6 B&M at ebgames

CaptainObviousXl

CAGiversary!
my old genesis broke down the other day so i called ebgames today to see how much they were b&m and to my supprise its less than half the "vary cheap" price that is on there website. Im going in tommarro and getting me one

I'll pick one up if this is true. I'm going to call before I go just to be sure that they have some and hopefully this is not YMMV.

I can't find an ebgames store that carries n64 or psone, nevermind a Genesis. Good looks to anyone who can get a Genesis for $6. Great price for a great system.

Avoid version 3 if possible, it's the smallest of the 3 versions but lacks some of the features of version 1 and 2 like the ability to play enhanced games like Virtua Racing and I think it lacks the headphone jack.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Avoid version 3 if possible, it's the smallest of the 3 versions but lacks some of the features of version 1 and 2 like the ability to play enhanced games like Virtua Racing and I think it lacks the headphone jack.[/quote]

Get a version 3 if you see one because they a kanda rare.

the version 1 has head phone jack, and version 2 had ability to hook up with a/v cables. And version 3 is the one i would recomend getting if you already own a sega because it goes for more than the other 2.

1:
genesis.jpg

2:
sega_genesis_model_2.jpg

3:
Genesis_3.PNG

I want a model 3 so bad... all I have is a model 1. :cry:

Thanks. I went to my EB today and they didn't have any Genesis systems. I picked up a N46 and three games for $28 bucks though.

I sure mine won't have one, but it's no big deal, as I already have one, and a Sega CD. The one problem with the model 3 is that it is incompatible with the Sega CD, so if you plan on getting one of those, you'll need a model 2 or 1. Just a heads-up. I love my Sega CD...:D

Model 1 I think is the best. Go for the first production run of the Model 1. As if I recall correctly It does'nt have a lockout chip in it.

The 1st production run is shown in the pic Nephets supplied. It will say " High Definition Graphics" on it while the later model 1 production runs won't have that on them and do have the lockout chips in them.

[quote name='JibbaJabba']Model 1 I think is the best. Go for the first production run of the Model 1. As if I recall correctly It does'nt have a lockout chip in it.

The 1st production run is shown in the pic Nephets supplied. It will say " High Definition Graphics" on it while the later model 1 production runs won't have that on them and do have the lockout chips in them.[/quote]
i had a 1st production

[quote name='CaptainObviousXl']the version 1 has head phone jack, and version 2 had ability to hook up with a/v cables. And version 3 is the one i would recomend getting if you already own a sega because it goes for more than the other 2.[/quote]so did the v1. they arent the standard/generic cables, but a Sega branded cord was produced

I still have my Genesis Version 1 and Sega CD from 10 years ago. I still play Final Fight SEGA CD to this day. Probably the best home version of that game ever...

Local Goodwill thriftstores around here usually always have them in stock for like 4.99. But if you get them there they dont have hookups. :whistle2:/

bread's done
Back