SEGA needs to revice Sonic the Hedgehog

Here you go. Lewis and Clark bring Sonic to the NW,
Logo-Northwest.jpg

and Sega reimagines Sonic as a blue vice.
MECHANICS_VICE.jpg

Revive was my guess as well. And he never died. He just...got really really ill I guess you could say. Although if for some reason the 2d game happens to flop, I firmly believe they need to take him out behind the barn and put him out of his misery.

[quote name='Rodimus']I vote for revise [/QUOTE]

That actually makes a lot more sense now that I think about it. How we all missed that one is beyond me.

hah.. i meant it in a serious way.. i know sega wont make any consoles.. but their game titles were good.. they could ave focused more on them..
and i meant revivie meaning make a new awesome game

Man... I don't see how they can even hope to bring Sonic back to the spotlight. The last Sonic gamess I had fun playing was the Adventure series... maybe even Sonic Heroes to a certain point.

But that was years ago. For how many years now have the Sonic games been crappy? I think most gamers have probably written Sonic off for good by now.

[quote name='dafoomie']I read it as revoice. Jaleel White did a nice job back in the day, thats what Sonic sounds like to me.[/QUOTE]I thought revoice when I first saw the thread title, too. But now I think Rodimus has it right. Either way, that typo made this a much more interesting thread.

Well, I was thinking revise. I haven't played a Sonic game since Adventure 1 (others have looked decent, just haven't picked them up, and the lousy reviews never motivated me to do it).

The more I think about it, the more I think that Sonic as an icon is pretty much done. Problem is, when Sonic started out, he was pretty much a bad ass. In an era where video game heroes fought for good (ala Double Dragon, etc) and were just nice (like Mario), Sonic had attitude.

Now, everyone does. Sonic looks cute when up against Kratos or someone from GTA. So, he needs a major makeover. Either make him a nicey nice icon with Mario esq storylines, or turn him the other way. Though, since I don't think they'd ever have Sonic pull a gun and shoot Tales, that might not work.

Then again, for all the complaining that 'gamers' do, Sonic games sell, and sell well. So, maybe nothing really needs to be changed. Someone is enjoying them.

bread's done
Back