Sega Saturn USB controller influx on eBay

1stmoon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Search saturn usb on eBay. Seems to be $30 shipped for one (for the time being).

A few months ago these babies were going around for $100 a pop. Despite being shipped from China it's been confirmed by NeoGAF and Shoryuken that these are the genuine article. Pick one up while SF4's hot (fully compatible with the PS3).

Can you use these on the PS3? My PS3 only reads dual analogue stick controllers, so some confirmation would be nice.

[quote name='Paco']Can you use these on the PS3? My PS3 only reads dual analogue stick controllers, so some confirmation would be nice.[/quote]

Yes, you can...of course the assumption here is that you're not going to try to use them to play 'Uncharted' or some other game that 'requires' a dual shock. This is obviously meant for download content like Megaman and of course Soul Calibur IV.

I went ahead and ordered two. Does anyone have these and have tried them out with some of the fighting games on the PS2?

Last week I ordered a black Sega Saturn USB pad for $28 shipped just in time many of the listings now are for the more expensive $45 shipped gray pads. The sellers selling the black usb pads do not seem very trustworthy they are not the same sellers that had them a couple of weeks ago. I received the controller today wow I wish I had known about these things sooner I would have ordered more. I would order one of the gray pads but I am short on money at this time.:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Why one of the gray pads over the black/light gray ones? I plan on getting one today but cant really seem to find an answer. It's kind of hard to search since "usb" seems to be a term search doesnt like on this site.

Alright, just bought one from bestbuy-come. So hopefully within a couple weeks I'll no longer have an excuse as to why I suck so bad. :whistle2:/

[quote name='evilomar']I went ahead and ordered two. Does anyone have these and have tried them out with some of the fighting games on the PS2?[/quote]

I've read online that these do NOT work with PS2 games, but that kind of confused me.

I had a PS3 arcade stick that was USB based and it worked on games like Street Fighter Alpha Anthology. I'm not sure if the controller had to use special hardware to allow that, or what.

Can anyone recommend a reliable seller for these on ebay? I tried to buy this on ebay recently but ran into a scammer instead, guy had a good seller rating but then all the sudden just disappeared, had to dispute charges and everything. I still want the pad but I just want to buy it off someone reliable.

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='ehwhoknows']Can anyone recommend a reliable seller for these on ebay? I tried to buy this on ebay recently but ran into a scammer instead, guy had a good seller rating but then all the sudden just disappeared, had to dispute charges and everything. I still want the pad but I just want to buy it off someone reliable.

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Honestly, avoid the U.S. sellers. Look for a Power seller from Japan or China, and look at his/her feedback. If he has gotten good feedback from selling these controllers before, then go ahead and order.

[quote name='dragonjud']Honestly, avoid the U.S. sellers. Look for a Power seller from Japan or China, and look at his/her feedback. If he has gotten good feedback from selling these controllers before, then go ahead and order.[/quote]

That's actually what I did previously, the seller had a lot of positive feedback, when I check backed later, I couldn't find the seller anymore on eBay, so I knew I got ripped off. Has anyone ever bought from the sellers with current listings?

Thanks again.

I ordered another Saturn pad from a different Ebay seller, bestbuy-enjoy. After I sent payment he immediately sent a thank you email and later an email telling me my pad had been shipped so far so good. I noticed he does not actually state what color pad I will get I want the one pictured in the listing the white Saturn USB pad. I want a blue gray pad but I will wait for the prices on those to drop. I cannot figure out why the blue gray pads are so overpriced in comparison to the black and white Saturn USB pads the black and white pads look better than the blue gray pads.

Does anyone know if these work on OS X 10.5.x? I know most of the listings say it is Mac compatible, but does it come with the drivers or is it plug n play? I wouldn't mind these for MAME.

No drivers plug and play my pc recognized the controller instantly. Only thing is you will have to map the buttons on the emulator you are using.

[quote name='CGH']No drivers plug and play my pc recognized the controller instantly. Only thing is you will have to map the buttons on the emulator you are using.[/quote]
I figured it was plug & play on the PC, but I'm talking about on the Mac. Mapping the buttons isn't the issue, I just wanna make sure my system will recognize the controller. There has to be someone out there using these on the Mac. I guess for the ~$25-30 I could always pick one up & if it doesn't work, sell it.

Also, who's a good eBay seller on these?

some of the sellers seem a little shakey....all of a sudden these controllers are all over ebay...? make me wonder if some are re-manufactured for usb or the real deal.

[quote name='CODEWERKX']some of the sellers seem a little shakey....all of a sudden these controllers are all over ebay...? make me wonder if some are re-manufactured for usb or the real deal.[/quote]
From what I understand, they are knock-offs but work just as good as the real deal.

Kinda OT but in relation to the Saturn USB controllers. Why is it so difficult to produce a controller with the same quality and layout as almost 2 generations ago?
There is something very wrong with this picture.

[quote name='MtlTom']Also, who's a good eBay seller on these?[/QUOTE]

I got mine from welcomeined and bestbuy-enjoy.

[quote name='MtlTom']From what I understand, they are knock-offs but work just as good as the real deal.[/QUOTE]

They look and feel identical to my original Sega Saturn pads. If these are knockoffs Sega missed the boat they could have released Saturn style pads for XBox 360, PS3 and PC easy money.

bread's done
Back