seinfeld deals / ratatouille freebies next week?

Fiendishglow

CAG Veteran
Hey I was just wondering if anyone knew if there were any freebies being given away with Ratatouille next week?

Also are there any good deals on the complete Seinfeld series, also being released next week. I heard it'll be 169.99 at Best Buy next week, and appairently they have exclusive packaging. Any more info on that?

[quote name='Fiendishglow']Also are there any good deals on the complete Seinfeld series, also being released next week. I heard it'll be 169.99 at Best Buy next week, and appairently they have exclusive packaging. Any more info on that?[/quote]I'm curious where you heard about the $170 price at BB? Do you have a link to that info?

[quote name='Fiendishglow']Sure do, http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=515680

Considering it's from Speedy I'll take his word. ;)[/quote]
Ah! Thanks for the link! I didn't want to get my hopes up on that price but it does seem reasonable.
I'm going through Seinfeld withdrawal after I sold the previous 8 seasons and since TBS has decided to show Seinfeld before I get home from work!:cry: I'm very anxious to get this set! I need my fix!!! :lol: Wish we knew what the BB exclusive dvd set contains???

BB set has refrigerator packaging... i'm guessing it's like a slipcover that goes over the book-like set? and then it has refrigerator magnets to go with it.

At DISNEY STORES you can reserve the Rat and get a free lithograph. I was gonna go there and see if I can reserve the blu ray..

[quote name='Vader582']Ah! Thanks for the link! I didn't want to get my hopes up on that price but it does seem reasonable.
I'm going through Seinfeld withdrawal after I sold the previous 8 seasons and since TBS has decided to show Seinfeld before I get home from work!:cry: I'm very anxious to get this set! I need my fix!!! :lol: Wish we knew what the BB exclusive dvd set contains???[/quote]

as bad as i want this senfeld fridge pack.. i know if i buy it i will want the Seinfeld Complete Series on Blu Ray when it comes out even more..

so i think i will wait on this one

Target will have an exclusive bonus DVD packaged with Ratatouille, which features never-before-seen behind-the-scenes footage, character profiles, etc. Also, Target will have an exclusive bonus DVD with Seinfeld Season 9, which features never-before-seen bloopers and more. They will give you a free $20 Gift Card if you buy the entire Seinfeld series set.

http://weeklyad.target.com/target/default.aspx?action=entryflash&ref=nav%5Fweeklyad

At FYE, you will get a free Ratatouille pin with the purchase of Ratatouille DVD (which is 12.99 after mail-in rebate), or Ratatouille Blu-Ray (which is 18.99 AR).

http://www.fye.com/Ratatouille--WS--Front-Page_stcVVproductId21836267VVcatId455366VVviewprod.htm

http://www.fye.com/Ratatouille--Blu-ray--Front-Page_stcVVproductId21836268VVcatId455366VVviewprod.htm

Also, FYE has Seinfeld S9 for 24.99 AR and the complete series for 169.99 AR.

http://www.fye.com/Seinfeld--The-Complete-Ninth-Season--4-Discs--Front-Page_stcVVproductId21947309VVcatId455366VVviewprod.htm

http://www.fye.com/Seinfeld--The-Complete-Series--33-Discs--Front-Page_stcVVproductId21947308VVcatId455366VVviewprod.htm

Circuit City offers a free apron and chef's hat with Ratouille on DVD only, which is 14.99. They also offer a free Seinfeld comic book with purchase of S9.

http://circuitcity.shoplocal.com/circuitcity/Default.aspx?action=browsepageflash&storeid=2396888&rapid=471479&pagenumber=1&prvid=CircuitCity-071104&promotioncode=CircuitCity-071104

Best Buy has free Movie Cash to see Enchanted when you buy Ratatouille DVD for 14.99 or Blu-Ray for 29.99. For the Seinfeld Series Set, they have exclusive packaging which looks like a refrigerator, with free Seinfeld refrigerator magnets, for 169.99.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8589191&st=Seinfeld&type=product&id=1772247

K-Mart will offer a free mason jar style bank and a free "Map To Savings" booklet when you buy Ratatouille DVD or Blu-Ray. Sears will also have the free mason jar bank if you buy it there.

http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/Default.aspx?action=browsepagedetail&storeid=2422025&rapid=472927&pagenumber=32&listingid=-2092553859

Wal-Mart will have an exclusive bonus DVD with episodes from Emeril Live, Rachael Ray and other cooking shows along with scratch and sniff character and recipe cards for 19.96.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7958361

Finally, Toys R Us will have a free Kids Cookbook with Ratouille DVD.

http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysrus/default.aspx?action=detail&flashbrowse=y&storeid=2561343&rapid=471477&pagenumber=8&listingid=-2092505110&ref=%2ftoysrus%2fdefault.aspx%3faction%3dbrowsepageflash%26storeid%3d2561343%26pagenumber%3d8%26rapid%3d471477%26prvid%3dToysRus-071104

So, those interested in picking up Ratatouille or Seinfeld have a lot of choices to pick from. Hope this helps!

It's cheaper to buy the Seinfeld boxsets individually than the complete series at Best Buy this week... but then you're going have ten times the room on your bookshelf.... I'm torn....

Hrmm, I think I may have just been pushed towards picking up the Ratatoille blu-ray at BB. Getting it with Cars for the $10 off, then factoring in the movie ticket (just watched a preview, and it looks amusing) and that's not a bad deal at all.

Definitely still getting the Seinfeld set at BB, gotta have that bonus packaging. Then factor in the reward zone points on all of that, and it makes the deal a little sweeter.

What does the chef hat and apron look like for the Circuit City Ratatouille deal?
The website doesnt show it. I have a nephew who would like this (oh who am I kidding, it's really for me)

Thanks a lot Brian for everything in your post.

I think we're going to go with Ratatouille at Best Buy, because of the Firgure Set... but Target is a possibility too.

I'm still undecided about Seinfeld, 180 bucks (after tax) is a lot to put out at once for DVDs, but the exclusive packaging may be worth it at Best Buy. Not only that but that coffee table book and bonus DVD sound sweet in the packaging. *sigh* decisions, decisions..

well, did anyone pick up the seinfeld fridge pack?

i'm on the fence about it.. i want the novelty of the cool fridge package , but dont wanna shell out $180 for old DVD technology when it will eventually be released on Blu Ray

Is there anything extra to the complete Seinfled set compared to the individual volumes other than the book and packaging? Because to be honest, I already have most of the individual volumes, and the bonus disc at Target with season 9 is a lot more enticing to me than the book or exclusive packaging.

[quote name='boooey']well, did anyone pick up the seinfeld fridge pack?

i'm on the fence about it.. i want the novelty of the cool fridge package , but dont wanna shell out $180 for old DVD technology when it will eventually be released on Blu Ray[/QUOTE]

I did, but I haven't opened it yet. The pack is pretty large (as opposed to the Full House set that they also had, which was surprisingly tiny). It's also really heavy. Looking forward to cracking it open tonight. I don't mind buying TV sets, especially older ones, on DVD. How much improvement are you really going to see on a 10-year old series that was never recorded in hi-def anyway?

On a side note, I also picked up Ratatouille & Cars on blu-ray, but saw no sign of a free movie ticket.

I'm hopefully gonna be picking up the fridge pack soon, so I'll report back on it later.

The only thing I'm wary about is why it's so cheap. Even the normal MSRP on this is $199.99, which is less than the regular version. If it really is just the regular version inside special fridge packaging, you would think it would cost as much as or more than that one, but it's way less. I really hope it isn't cutting out anything compared to the regular version.

But if it turns out to be exactly the same as the regular version with the added bonus of special packaging, then this is a freaking steal! I only have the first volume of Seinfeld in individual sets, so it's definitely easier to just unload that somewhere and get this instead.

[quote name='Rockgamer']I'm hopefully gonna be picking up the fridge pack soon, so I'll report back on it later.

The only thing I'm wary about is why it's so cheap. Even the normal MSRP on this is $199.99, which is less than the regular version. If it really is just the regular version inside special fridge packaging, you would think it would cost as much as or more than that one, but it's way less. I really hope it isn't cutting out anything compared to the regular version.

But if it turns out to be exactly the same as the regular version with the added bonus of special packaging, then this is a freaking steal! I only have the first volume of Seinfeld in individual sets, so it's definitely easier to just unload that somewhere and get this instead.[/QUOTE]

It has a insert shrinkwrapped to the back of it that shows the regular set box & all the contents spread out - so it LOOKS like it's the full set inside.

Also, I knocked another $17 off the price using that 10% off BB coupon from the other thread. The full series for $153 really is a steal.

i made a trip to BB just to check out the Seinfeld Fridge pack.. it is very big as others have posted..

I was hoping the refridgerator packaging was going to be a liittle more detailed than it was though.. its pretty much just a box with the cardboard flaps looking like the doors of a refridgerator.. but i guess you couldn't expect too much more.

It appears it is the full set just inside this fridge box. with the funny magnets shown here
3477023l.jpg

I also tested the 10% off coupon and it worked.. took it down to $152.99

I didn't buy it yet, still deciding, i might go back tonight
you guys think this is a steal? i never bought a TV series before on DVD

Took a couple of pics, for anyone still wondering about the 'fridge pack:

seinfeld-closed.jpg

seinfeld-open.jpg

The GITS dvd is just there for size comparison (obviously...). There's glare on the magnets, but there's a Vandalay Industries logo, fuscili Jerry, the cigar store indian, the marble rye, and "Little Jerry" - Kramer's rooster. And yes, that's the full normal set sitting inside the fridge. IMO, this is definitely the set to get - especially consider the price after the 10% off coupon.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, but the box feels very sturdy as well.

I went into Best Buy today to grab another season of Six Feet Under @ $19.99 and saw that they had Seinfeld Season 8 for $16.99.

I don't think this deal is online and it may not be at all Best Buys (i was at the one in Burbank, CA)

None the less, I grabbed one :)

I had a long post typed up earlier, but when I went to post it the site was down (and pressing back didn't help me get what I typed back). ;_;

So yeah, everyone's pretty much covered the set. You can get it for $153 before tax with the 10% off coupon which makes this a pretty damn good deal. If you're at least semi-interested in this show and you have the money to spend, definitely pick this up.

Could someone point me in the direction of this 10% off coupon? I think I'm gonna go pick up the Seinfeld set at BB tomorrow and, for that price, every little savings counts. Thanks:)

I got the very last Seinfeld fridge pack at Best Buy. I was lucky too, I heard a guy right behind me asking the clerk if they got it in as I grabbed it off the shelf. The Fridge box set feels like it weighs 100 pounds, so I was totally ready to use it as a bludgeon if I had to if any confrontations went down from there to the cash register.

It's an awesome box set, what a steal. The Fridge packaging is pretty cool, with 3D shelves on the inside. Very sturdy too, like others have said.

I sure am angry about this 10% off coupon I've been hearing so much about. Oh well, 180 after tax for this collection is still a deal and a half.

[quote name='argyle']Took a couple of pics, for anyone still wondering about the 'fridge pack:

seinfeld-closed.jpg

seinfeld-open.jpg

The GITS dvd is just there for size comparison (obviously...). There's glare on the magnets, but there's a Vandalay Industries logo, fuscili Jerry, the cigar store indian, the marble rye, and "Little Jerry" - Kramer's rooster. And yes, that's the full normal set sitting inside the fridge. IMO, this is definitely the set to get - especially consider the price after the 10% off coupon.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, but the box feels very sturdy as well.[/quote]

:bouncy::applause:

Did you (or anyone) happen to open the set just yet?

I'm wondering what type of DVD holders this complete series set uses. Are they of the (1) cardboard type (2) plastic flimsy flexible plastic or (3) other.

Here's a picture but I can't quite make out how the individual would actually remove the DVD from the holder?
http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/42000153/Images/3/seinfeldcomplete.jpg

I'm asking because I'm not certain whether I should pick this set up or stick to the original individual season sets. I simply want to preserve the DVD in pristine scratch free condition.

Obviously by observation, this set looks different than the regular packaging found with each individual season. With these individual boxset seasons, each DVD is housed in clear sturdy plastic. The DVD are removed in a vertical manner, so there's no friction created between the disk and case upon DVD removal.

But with cheesey flimsey plastic and/or cardboard holders, one would actually have to remove the disk in a "horiontal" manner (two objects sliding across each other) causing microscopic surface scratches.

:bouncy:

The small "books" that hold the dvds are made up of hard plastic "pages", and the dvds snap into them the same as they would a dvd case. The only possibly issue I see is the center ring doesn't stand up as much as it does in a dvd case, so I suppose it's possible for it not to hold as well and the dvd could come loose. But personally, I like the packaging as it makes it very easy to access the disks and I don't see think it's all that likely that the disks will come loose.

i picked up Ratatouille @ cc and get the chefs hat and appron very nice giveaway the sizes are for kids only but still something for nothing better then nothing at all

[quote name='boooey']i made a trip to BB just to check out the Seinfeld Fridge pack.. it is very big as others have posted..

I was hoping the refridgerator packaging was going to be a liittle more detailed than it was though.. its pretty much just a box with the cardboard flaps looking like the doors of a refridgerator.. but i guess you couldn't expect too much more.

It appears it is the full set just inside this fridge box. with the funny magnets shown here
3477023l.jpg

I also tested the 10% off coupon and it worked.. took it down to $152.99

I didn't buy it yet, still deciding, i might go back tonight
you guys think this is a steal? i never bought a TV series before on DVD[/quote]

I have been looking all over for this 10% Best Buy Off Coupon, but I have no luck. Is there a specific spot for coupons? My navigating skills seem to be failing me. :(

My mom got Ratatouille at walmart instead of target what's all on the second dvd?
I'm hoping to return the walmart and get the target one tommarow I'm not too interested in the cooking dvd, but extra dvd with profiles and behind the scenes sound nicer how much is the target one? some reason my internet is acting crazy and it's taking forever to load target's site.

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']I have been looking all over for this 10% Best Buy Off Coupon, but I have no luck. Is there a specific spot for coupons? My navigating skills seem to be failing me. :([/quote]Second page of a search for Best Buy Coupon yields me this.

^Thanks, highly appreciative.

What boggles my mind is how the forum member, boooey, "scored" or calculated the Seinfeld refrigerated box set for $152.99.

The coupon says "excludes new release DVDs."

I would like to pick up the Seinfeld series box at a discounted price if possible. :bouncy:

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']^Thanks, highly appreciative.

What boggles my mind is how the forum member, boooey, "scored" or calculated the Seinfeld refrigerated box set for $152.99.

I would like to pick up the Seinfeld series box at a discounted price if possible. :bouncy:[/quote]

If the cashier scans it, then it will go through, most arent smart enough to realize that its a new release dvd.

My BB had about 10 of the special editions just sitting there.. from tuesday.. They didnt sell at all . They even had the family guy party pack @_@

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']^Thanks, highly appreciative.

I would like to pick up the Seinfeld series box at a discounted price if possible. :bouncy:[/quote]

yea.. no secrets here.. the coupon just scanned and took off the $17
maybe its a glitch in the Best Buy system.. i'm not sure, and i don't really care as long as it works :D

technically, its not really a new release like transformers or any other new movie... as most of Seinfeld has been out for some time.. its just a complete series package is new.. not really the content on the DVD's..

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']One last "stupid" question, you have to be a rewards zone member right? Or should I even attempt to give it a go being a non-member?[/quote]

yea, you have to be a reward zone member.. but its free to be a member, so there is really no reason for you not to become a member

Instead of killing myself to get to the store where they probably don't have any more of the fridge pack, can't I just order it from bestbuy.com? It's listed with the fridge pack photo for $169.99, but is this a store exclusive or something? I don't want to order it and have it turn up as something different than the photo, which has happened before.

[quote name='JonathanvonDOom']Instead of killing myself to get to the store where they probably don't have any more of the fridge pack, can't I just order it from bestbuy.com? It's listed with the fridge pack photo for $169.99, but is this a store exclusive or something? I don't want to order it and have it turn up as something different than the photo, which has happened before.[/quote]

Yes, just place an on-line Best Buy order; it'll be the fridge pack for $169.99 plus tax. Select in-store pickup (obviously, you can also have them ship it to your address as well.) They will usually keep it on reserved for 10 days if I'm not mistaken. It's better to print out a copy of the confirmation email you'll receive OR simply drop by with your driver's license.

You have to wait for the second email confirmation that says your order is ready for pick-up.

I would suggest using the driver's license method as a second resort; even so, you're going to need your driver's license as well to verify your status anyways even with the confirmation page printout, I believe.

Holy crap that thing is 169.99? I coulda swore I saw it cheaper at Costco.. or maybe that was the family guy freakin party pack, one of the two. Jeez!

Isnt it cheaper to get all the seasons of seinfeld seperately?

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Holy crap that thing is 169.99? I coulda swore I saw it cheaper at Costco.. or maybe that was the family guy freakin party pack, one of the two. Jeez!

Isnt it cheaper to get all the seasons of seinfeld seperately?[/quote]

Costco

I can probably run a Costco check tomorrow. But according to the website, it's priced at $179.99, but withOUT the Best Buy Fridge packaging exclusive.
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11239081&search=seinfeld&Mo=2&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=0&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=seinfeld&Ntt=seinfeld&No=2&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

Seinfeld individual versus Series Complete set

If you can manage to locate Seinfelds separately at twenty dollars, it's going to be roughly equivalent if my mathematics are correct. This is ONLY if you can find them priced at twenty dollars a piece.

8* x20 = $160.00.

*season 1 and 2 = Volume/Box 1
*season 3 = Volume/Box 2
*season 4 = Volume/Box 3 and so on

Family Guy

But the family guy pack, I don't even believe is the actual complete series even though it's advertised as such directly on the box.

http://www.amazon.com/Family-Guy-Freakin-Party-Pack/dp/B000TLTCUE/ref=pd_bbs_6/002-3644872-9428815?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1194582722&sr=8-6

From customer review on amazon website,
"This is what you want to buy, if you're new to family guy and want to see the episodes. This includes almost everything out so far. Here's what you'll get.

-Season One (Volume 1)
-Season Two (Volume 1)
-Season Three (Volume 2)
-Season Three (Volume 3)
-Season Four (Volume 4)
-Season Five (Volume 5)
*You do not get Season Five (Volume 6) as it is not out yet, so you only have the first half of season five*

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']Yes, just place an on-line Best Buy order; it'll be the fridge pack for $169.99 plus tax. Select in-store pickup (obviously, you can also have them ship it to your address as well.) They will usually keep it on reserved for 10 days if I'm not mistaken. It's better to print out a copy of the confirmation email you'll receive OR simply drop by with your driver's license.

You have to wait for the second email confirmation that says your order is ready for pick-up.

I would suggest using the driver's license method as a second resort; even so, you're going to need your driver's license as well to verify your status anyways even with the confirmation page printout, I believe.[/quote]

Thanks. I'll order it online, but I think I'm gonna save the extra trouble and just have it shipped to my house.

[quote name='boooey']yea.. no secrets here.. the coupon just scanned and took off the $17
maybe its a glitch in the Best Buy system.. i'm not sure, and i don't really care as long as it works :D[/quote]

I actually bought two other things when I went to buy Seinfeld, and it didn't work on either of them. Doctor Who: Series 3 is understandable, since it's a new release, but I thought it would work with Carnivale Season 1. It says 'Limit 3', so I know that wasn't the problem. The main thing i wanted it to work on though was Seinfeld, so I was happy enough just to get that.

bread's done
Back