Seinfeld sea. 5 & 6 for $9.99. Ad mistake

Wanderlai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
The Sears ad shows a group of movies together and the price shows $9.99. Seinfeld seasons 5 and 6 are pictured in this group along with War of the Worlds and several others. I pm'd Seinfeld seasons 5 and 6 and War of the Worlds for $9.99 with no problems at BestBuy. The ad is "good" for Fri-Sat.

Wow. The ad is tricky, though. Here's how it's set up:

HOT NEW RELEASES
WotW
Polar Express
Honeymooners
Seinfeld 5
Seinfeld 6
etc.

and under it is another title:
9.99 EACH:
Guess Who
Beauty Shop
XXX2
Breakin' All Th Rules

It's still worth a try, though. I'll go to Wal-Mart tomorrow.

[quote name='Wanderlai']The Sears ad shows a group of movies together and the price shows $9.99. Seinfeld seasons 5 and 6 are pictured in this group along with War of the Worlds and several others. I pm'd Seinfeld seasons 5 and 6 and War of the Worlds for $9.99 with no problems at BestBuy. The ad is "good" for Fri-Sat.[/QUOTE]

what ad is this i dont see it anyplace in the paper ... was it tonights paper , yesterdays ??

Yeah the ad is somewhat unclear but if you look at it you can see how it looks like everything is $9.99. Of course those Hot New Releases aren't supposed to be $9.99 but the Sears folks said alot of people were trying to buy them at this price. My local BestBuy is great with pm'ing. They pm'd the Star Wars BF 2 K-Mart misprint. They take copies of the $10 off coupons without any problems. They will match anything and tell you to have a nice day.

[quote name='Wanderlai']The ad came with all the other Thanksgiving Day stuff.[/QUOTE]

crap i threw all my thansgiving ads away this morning o well

I didn't get a paper today, nor do I want to go to Sears tomorrow, but this would be nice had i the energy or desire to partake.

Ugh!!! First no KMart in my area for the $12.99 SWBII PM...now I gotta find out Sears (also not in my area) has an "error" for $10 new releases.

Kmart & Sears...the big chains that aren't around me. Thanks for dangling the carrot in front of me guys ;)

I tried it at Wal-Mart and it didn't work. The cashier called over a manager, who took the Season 5 DVD and the ad to a back room. She came back five minutes later and told me that the $9.99 DVDs are under the banner, the New Releases aren't $9.99. Good luck to everyone else.

Circuit City and Best Buy wouldn't bite. It's pretty much a long shot since its obvious that the price aplies to the movies below the $9.99. Nothing great like last year's Hollywood Video $19.99 for Season 1+2 and 3.

My mom and I had to dig through the garbage to try and find the Sears ad ... no luck. So we went to Sears and got one there.

Best Buy let us PM, no problem. It was great. Thanks so much OP. I turned my mom into a CAG 'cause of this one.

[quote name='the_gloaming']My mom and I had to dig through the garbage to try and find the Sears ad ... no luck. So we went to Sears and got one there.

Best Buy let us PM, no problem. It was great. Thanks so much OP. I turned my mom into a CAG 'cause of this one.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe that the Best Buy employees are really that stupid, it is obvious when you look at the ad that those aren't $10.

bread's done
Back